Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Study permit timelines

Submission Date: May 2nd
Biometrics Request Date: May 3rd

Biometrics Confirmation: May 6th
Request Letter for myBankStatement service and IELTS: May 15th

MyBankStatement and IELTS were submitted on: May 24th (My bank platform for this was down for weeks)

Medical Request letter: May 27th

Medical Passed on: June 12th (Had problems finding a closer date)

Original Passport Request: August 12th.

Start to finish was 3 months and 10 days. Took Nine weeks from medical passed to passport request. God has been merciful. When God works with the preparation of Man, wonders happen.

I wish us all success.

NB: IELTS used was General which was taken months back without NSE in mind.

Quick one: Please how long does it take for your passport to come back after submission. Thanks.
All the best. let's know how Canada be o.... Do keep in touch and give us updates on the travel, and immigration checks and covid quarantine procedure at the border to help others.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The proof of funds and IELTS request was the NSE process... I wasn’t interested in the NSE cause I didn’t have IELTS result and the period of time given to submit was limited.... and it was stated that if I don’t submit the proof of funds and IELTS for the NSE process they’ll use the normal method for me.... that’s why I didn’t submit any document.
Did you submit normal bank statement?

anitapatrickk

Apr 25, 2021
Hello anitapatrick,

I am sorry to here about your predicament. The IRCC are confused and honestly do not have any clear standard for the study permit application process. Prior to now, we know that the NSE was a pilot program and was optional (though I encourage all my clients to take the ielts and show the mybankstatement token), but it was never mandatory. Now they seem to have made it mandatory. It makes no sense for them to have refused you for not submitting those documents, because the letter states that if they do not hear from you within 30days, they would assume you are not interested in the NSE route and proceed with your application as per normal. Another crazy thing is why ask for medical report if they were going to refuse you.

As I have said before, applying for Canadian study permit is simple like a lottery, regardless of how you prepare your application, you may or may not get approved.

Finally, do not be discouraged, you will have to reapply again and put everything this time, do upfront medicals, take the ielts and submit the mybankstatement token.

I wish you the very best.

Omofar
Thank you so much
I appreciate

Reactions: Omofar

DameofSJ

Star Member
Aug 14, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
11-12-2024
AOR Received.
04-03-2024
Med's Done....
15-06-2022
Greetings!

If you are interested in hearing the truth, and still ready to proceed despite the challenges, you are welcome here. If you want to be pampered, please go elsewhere.

I am here offer advise to anyone who is Nigerian and needs assistance in navigating the dangerous waters of Canadian study permit application. Identify what the problem might be and how to possibly over come them.

It would be better to come here before you apply, rather than after you have applied, it might be too late to assist you then. Also, never rush to put in an application, if you are rejected once, your chances of being rejected a second time increases by about 60-70%.

Looking forward to assisting anyone with question here.

You are welcome.

Cheers
Hi, I submitted my application on 9th of June, Biometrics on 16th June and upfront medicals passed on 15th July.

I noticed eligibility check started on 22nd of June. I ordered GCMS NOTES on 8th August and saw a ghost update on 10th of August.

I really haven't heard anything from IRCC after the Biometrics Collection Later on 10th of June.

I applied as self sponsored with Mybankstatement showing $30k Cad in a joint account with hubby and my own personal account showing 4.9M .

I am both employed and also doing business. I didn't submit Mybankstatement for my company account.

I am thinking to submit Mybankstatement of company account and also consent letter from my husband. Do you think these additional information would work in my favour as nothing is being said to me by IRCC on my application? I do transaction of about 4M monthly on my company account.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello @Simba112,

I think you made an presumption that @anitapatrickk, ''listened to other people''. The NSE route is optional, and she made a judgement call not to follow the route, there could be other variables we cannot see that could have made them refuse her application. One of my clients who just got her passport did not follow the NSE route. Even after I beckoned on her father to do so, he blatantly refused, so I submitted the application like that, eventually she got medical request, passed and now has her passport. he major problem is that IRCC keep shifting the goal post and trying to regulate the number of students coming into the country. I am currently dealing with two refusals now, they are excellent candidates, all submitted the requirements for NSE and were still refused. So following the NSE route means nothing.

Cheers

Omofar
My point is, any correspondence from the Immigration or from any other federal Agencies should be replied. Officer put a note that the OP was asked to submit documents before certain date and after that, never bothered to review again provided deadline passed. No matter how good someone who gave advice of not to reply, it was a mistake. Take advise and use your own judgement. Unless if OP did not have what was requested, but if she had then providing those documents do not take 10mins of her time. I had some issue with CRA, and they asked document that was on file, i had to resubmit same doc before deadline and put a note that you are asking something arleady on file but anyway im it sending again. Longstory short, if you are still determined to study, reapply.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi, I submitted my application on 9th of June, Biometrics on 16th June and upfront medicals passed on 15th July.

I noticed eligibility check started on 22nd of June. I ordered GCMS NOTES on 8th August and saw a ghost update on 10th of August.

I really haven't heard anything from IRCC after the Biometrics Collection Later on 10th of June.

I applied as self sponsored with Mybankstatement showing $30k Cad in a joint account with hubby and my own personal account showing 4.9M .

I am both employed and also doing business. I didn't submit Mybankstatement for my company account.

I am thinking to submit Mybankstatement of company account and also consent letter from my husband. Do you think these additional information would work in my favour as nothing is being said to me by IRCC on my application? I do transaction of about 4M monthly on my company account.
I would submit those two documents to strengthern economic ties…you will receive actual notification after the last ghost update soon.

Reactions: DameofSJ

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My point is, any correspondence from the Immigration or from any other federal Agencies should be replied. Officer put a note that the OP was asked to submit documents before certain date and after that, never bothered to review again provided deadline passed. No matter how good someone who gave advice of not to reply, it was a mistake. Take advise and use your own judgement. Unless if OP did not have what was requested, but if she had then providing those documents do not take 10mins of her time. I had some issue with CRA, and they asked document that was on file, i had to resubmit same doc before deadline and put a note that you are asking something arleady on file but anyway im it sending again. Longstory short, if you are still determined to study, reapply.
Hi @Simba11,

I disagree, the letter for NSE is clear. It states that following the NSE route is not mandatory. If they do not hear from the applicant within 30days, then it is assumed that the applicant is not interested in that route and as such will proceed with the normal route. Furthermore, at @anitapatrickk, clarifies that she submitted the mybankstatement token. So what more does the IRCC want. I gave you clear examples of an applicant that disregarded the NSE route and got their visa and those that followed that route and their visas were still denied.

The IRCC must be fair and objective in their assessment of people's applications and not use any form stereotypical bias against applicants from Nigeria. It's more like a lottery now, there's no standard or rules to follow. Today NSE, tomorrow normal route, next tomorrow ask somebody to resubmit all their documents, their website is often down. The truth is they have bitten more than they can chew. And until our people say to hell with them, and consider alternatives, they will continue to treat us badly.

Cheers.

Omofar

Jackie Tomson

Mar 30, 2021
Hello @Simba112,

I think you made an presumption that @anitapatrickk, ''listened to other people''. The NSE route is optional, and she made a judgement call not to follow the route, there could be other variables we cannot see that could have made them refuse her application. One of my clients who just got her passport did not follow the NSE route. Even after I beckoned on her father to do so, he blatantly refused, so I submitted the application like that, eventually she got medical request, passed and now has her passport. he major problem is that IRCC keep shifting the goal post and trying to regulate the number of students coming into the country. I am currently dealing with two refusals now, they are excellent candidates, all submitted the requirements for NSE and were still refused. So following the NSE route means nothing.

Cheers

Omofar
True. I tell people to do all they can to comply with both mandatory and optional requirements. You can't say if they just received a new memo as they are about to treat your file making optional mandatory.

Jackie Tomson

Mar 30, 2021

I have always been of the school of thought that how the money is built up is more important than how much as long as it meets the minimum. And secondly, any assumption you claim must be backed by a document. So if you submitted a joint account, you should submit a consent letter from your husband. No need for your company account. Just submit CAC documents showing it's yours which will work in favor of ties to home country. Company (limited liability) money is not really considered your money unless it's a sole proprietorship (Business Name). A paid study leave from your company will also work wonders. Even if they don't plan to honor it. Shows you have a job waiting for you should you wish to return and you will still have some income while you are schooling.

DameofSJ

Star Member
Aug 14, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
11-12-2024
AOR Received.
04-03-2024
Med's Done....
15-06-2022
I would submit those two documents to strengthern economic ties…you will receive actual notification after the last ghost update soon.
Thank you, I'll work on company's the Mybankstatement on Monday.

Do you have a sample of what the consent letter from husband should entai

DameofSJ

Star Member
Aug 14, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
11-12-2024
AOR Received.
04-03-2024
Med's Done....
15-06-2022
I have always been of the school of thought that how the money is built up is more important than how much as long as it meets the minimum. And secondly, any assumption you claim must be backed by a document. So if you submitted a joint account, you should submit a consent letter from your husband. No need for your company account. Just submit CAC documents showing it's yours which will work in favor of ties to home country. Company (limited liability) money is not really considered your money unless it's a sole proprietorship (Business Name). A paid study leave from your company will also work wonders. Even if they don't plan to honor it. Shows you have a job waiting for you should you wish to return and you will still have some income while you are schooling.
It's s sole proprietorship. My company also write me a study leave with 25% pay whole on leave.

I think I'll do Mybankstatement for the company.

Do you think I was right to application forward as "self sponsored"? The money in the joint account came from my personal account 8 months ago.

Thank you for your response

Last edited:

Jackie Tomson

Mar 30, 2021
It's s sole proprietorship. My company also write me a study leave with 25% pay whole on leave.

I think I'll do Mybankstatement for the company.

Do you think I was right to application forward as "self sponsored"? The money in the joint account came from my personal account 8 months ago.

Thank you for your response
It doesn't matter. Just back it up with the consent letter stating that he is your husband (hope you submitted marriage cert), the money is jointly owned and he has agreed that the money in the account should be used towards your studies. Chikina.