+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

okosaga

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
You basically listed the entire form na :D:D. The forum I think is for clarifications, sharing tips and experience, explain pointers and most importantly encourage each other. Imagine if everyone had to list out their forms for us to analyse and respond. Also remember that every info or advice we give here comes with an implicit disclaimer. For me, I think if you are that confused on the form as it is, ask for professional advice.
You might call it confusion, but that is your own opinion. I might have done it wrongly, or maybe didn't thought it through then.

The professional help, you have made mention of started as novice.

Demos

Mar 9, 2021
I'm yet to receive mail from the embassy since may after my biometric, do anyone know the reason for the delay?

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm yet to receive mail from the embassy since may after my biometric, do anyone know the reason for the delay?
Hi Demos,

Thank you for visiting this forum. Only the VO attending to your application knows the reason for the delay.

Be patient and stay positive.

All the best.

Omofar.

chefe

Jul 17, 2020
Hi guys,
I received bvl correspondence letter and medical request from IRCC today.
The issue now is that I submitted my application with upfront e-medical slip that will expire on august 17 can I resubmit it pending the time I’ll be able to go for another medical exam which will be needed for traveling? Because as it stands now, I can’t get a date within the stipulated 30days.
NB: my medical section was previously updated to ‘passed’ but it’s been changed to ‘action required’.
Please advise on how to proceed

Reactions: Omofar

Gracehasy2

May 30, 2021
I will advice you to do another medicals because it’s obvious the one you did will soon expire and for them to change the medical section from passed to action required means there’s a concern about your medical result already. When did you apply?

Reactions: chefe

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi guys,
The issue now is that I submitted my application with upfront e-medical slip that will expire on august 17 can I resubmit it pending the time I’ll be able to go for another medical exam which will be needed for traveling? Because as it stands now, I can’t get a date within the stipulated 30days.
NB: my medical section was previously updated to ‘passed’ but it’s been changed to ‘action required’.
Its obvious you need to redo your medical

Reactions: chefe and Omofar

Jackie Tomson

Mar 30, 2021
Hi guys,
It's obvious they require new medicals from you. You can check for IOM in other states and not just your state of residence for more open dates. I have seen people from Lagos come to Abuja because they can get a closer date. This is a peak period for IOM medical centers though.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
Hi Chefe,

Congratulations are in order, since the embassy requested for medicals, it is likely your visa will be approved.

If your medical report had not exceeded 12 months, there would have been no need to do another one, but you are required to have a valid medical report before entering Canada, and since this one will expire on the 17th, then you have to do another one. Look at all the available designated physicians. book appointment with them and go with the one with the earliest date.

Wishing you all the best, and stop panicking, you are in a good place with regards to this application.

Kind regards.

Omofar

Reactions: Nadon22 and chefe

drsmug

May 28, 2021
Update guys! My Application was approved! AOR : Feb 11 and PPR July 27th! Thank you Omofar for this wonderful platform! God bless us all!
Congratulations to you @teenie19 I tap from your blessing as I wait for my application to be approved.
Applied may 10th
NSE request letter recieve may 25th (totally ignored)
Biometrics done may 26th
Medical request not received yet.
It's August 2nd today and I dey wait coz God is never late
I'm anxious and faithful God will make a way.
I dey tap blessing From all of @Omofar visa approvals. E go reach me on God

Reactions: teenie19 and Omofar

chefe

Jul 17, 2020
I will advice you to do another medicals because it’s obvious the one you did will soon expire and for them to change the medical section from passed to action required means there’s a concern about your medical result already. When did you apply?
Ok. Applied since December

chefe

Jul 17, 2020
Hi Chefe,

Congratulations are in order, since the embassy requested for medicals, it is likely your visa will be approved.

If your medical report had not exceeded 12 months, there would have been no need to do another one, but you are required to have a valid medical report before entering Canada, and since this one will expire on the 17th, then you have to do another one. Look at all the available designated physicians. book appointment with them and go with the one with the earliest date.

Wishing you all the best, and stop panicking, you are in a good place with regards to this application.

Kind regards.

Omofar
Thank you

Jackie Tomson

Mar 30, 2021
Pls does the Nigerian student Express, actually take 20 days, or it's Nigerian time
Take the 20days promise with a pinch of salt. I believe the NSE program is still in beta mode. They are yet to fine-tune SOP for it. So for now, if you can provide the requirements fine, if not, don't sweat it. I have seen someone who got it in 20days and has seen 55 days as well. The inconsistency of Canadian VO's deserves an Olympic medal.

sammyvation

Aug 3, 2021
Hello ,my name is Sam.
I'm over 18 and i applied for a study visa. Actually i got my admission last year but couldn't apply due to covid and delayed processing time so i completed my first year online. In my application, i included a letter that my school gave me stating that i need to be on campus this year fall. Actually no problems with the application so far, my medicals and biometrics have gone through so as my bank statements. I want to ask if an application could still like be refused at this stage and also, what could be delaying the decision of the permit and stamping of the passport? I also want to know if the letter which i mentioned above would like make them prioritize my application?