+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

okosaga

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
@Omofar , I need some advice here.

I am trying to assist my cousin in her application.

She is a minor and got admitted to start grade 9 in Ottawa catholic school board. And the Mum intend traveling with her and also the little baby of the house.

The little baby is jut 4 years and US citizen with a US passport.

The grade 9 student is Nigerian but born in UK. The school was to resume September, but the school got back to us that if visa is delay she has possibility to resume November.

We already paid full tuition fees 15k CAD.

The mother has her company and she is the director and the father also has a company.

I have help them to create a cic application page with the Minor as the primary applicant and the Mother accompanying visitor. Is this the best approach.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
@Omofar , I need some advice here.

I am trying to assist my cousin in her application.

She is a minor and got admitted to start grade 9 in Ottawa catholic school board. And the Mum intend traveling with her and also the little baby of the house.

The little baby is jut 4 years and US citizen with a US passport.

The grade 9 student is Nigerian but born in UK. The school was to resume September, but the school got back to us that if visa is delay she has possibility to resume November.

We already paid full tuition fees 15k CAD.

The mother has her company and she is the director and the father also has a company.

I have help them to create a cic application page with the Minor as the primary applicant and the Mother accompanying visitor. Is this the best approach.
If your only question is if that approach is right, then the answer is yes.

okosaga

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
If your only question is if that approach is right, then the answer is yes.
Hello house, we still having difficulty completing the student application for high school student. Who does the signature of all the IMM document.

The Mother is accompanying as a visitor. So in the family applications for the minor, the mother is ticked as accompany. The intention is to help the minor to settle down.

This are all documents it show after filling out the questinnaire

Details Document Name Instructions Options
Not Provided
Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294) (required)
(Opens a new window)
Help - Form: Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294)

Supporting Documents
Supporting Documents
Not Provided
Birth Registration/Certificate (required)
Instructions - Document: Birth Registration/Certificate
Not Provided
Letter of Acceptance (required)
Instructions - Document: Letter of Acceptance
Not Provided
Passport (required)
Instructions - Document: Passport
Not Provided
Use of a Family Member Representative for Online Applications (IMM5713) (required)
(Opens a new window)
Instructions - Document: Use of a Family Member Representative for Online Applications (IMM5713)
Not Provided
Use of Representative (IMM5476) (required)
(Opens a new window)
Instructions - Document: Use of Representative (IMM5476)
Not Provided
Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)
Instructions - Document: Proof of Means of Financial Support
Not Provided
Digital photo (required)
Instructions - Document: Digital photo
Not Provided
Request for Medical Exam (required)
Instructions - Document: Request for Medical Exam
Not Provided
Family Information (IMM5645) (required)
(Opens a new window)
Instructions - Document: Family Information (IMM5645)
Not Provided
Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM5475) (required)
(Opens a new window)

Family Member 1 - 11 / 11 / 1978
Application Form(s)
Application Form(s)
Not Provided
Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257) (required)
(Opens a new window)
Help - Form: Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257)

Supporting Documents
Supporting Documents
Not Provided
(Opens a new window)
Not Provided
Passport (required)
Not Provided
Digital photo (required)

Optional Documents
Optional Documents
Not Provided
Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
(Opens a new window)

Use of a Family Member Representative for Online Applications (IMM5713) (required)

Is required if you have someone added as accompanying a main applicant. However, in this case the main applicant is a minor. Who will do the signature

This is because, I am trying to help my aunty and her daughter - Was wondering if I should remove myself from the application so its will the mother helping her daughter complete the application.

Who do the SOP, the daughter of the Mother_

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello house, we still having difficulty completing the student application for high school student. Who does the signature of all the IMM document.

The Mother is accompanying as a visitor. So in the family applications for the minor, the mother is ticked as accompany. The intention is to help the minor to settle down.

This are all documents it show after filling out the questinnaire

Not Provided
Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294) (required)
(Opens a new window)
Help - Form: Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294)

Supporting Documents
Supporting Documents
Not Provided
Birth Registration/Certificate (required)
Instructions - Document: Birth Registration/Certificate
Not Provided
Letter of Acceptance (required)
Instructions - Document: Letter of Acceptance
Not Provided
Passport (required)
Not Provided
(Opens a new window)
Instructions - Document: Use of a Family Member Representative for Online Applications (IMM5713)
Not Provided
(Opens a new window)
Instructions - Document: Use of Representative (IMM5476)
Not Provided
Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)
Instructions - Document: Proof of Means of Financial Support
Not Provided
Digital photo (required)
Not Provided
Request for Medical Exam (required)
Instructions - Document: Request for Medical Exam
Not Provided
(Opens a new window)
Not Provided
Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM5475) (required)
(Opens a new window)

Family Member 1 - 11 / 11 / 1978
Application Form(s)
Application Form(s)
Not Provided
Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257) (required)
(Opens a new window)
Help - Form: Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257)

Supporting Documents
Supporting Documents
Not Provided
(Opens a new window)
Not Provided
Passport (required)
Not Provided
Digital photo (required)

Optional Documents
Optional Documents
Not Provided
Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
(Opens a new window)

Is required if you have someone added as accompanying a main applicant. However, in this case the main applicant is a minor. Who will do the signature

This is because, I am trying to help my aunty and her daughter - Was wondering if I should remove myself from the application so its will the mother helping her daughter complete the application.

Who do the SOP, the daughter of the Mother_
Hello @okosaga,

People get paid for the myriad of questions you are asking for. You are basically asking that the application process be done for you. Please if you do not know what you are doing, kindly get a reputable agent to do it so you do not mess up the process for the mother and her child.

All the best.

Omofar

Reactions: Jackie Tomson

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To God be the glory, another success story. For this client, no previous travel history, sponsored by her uncle who is a HNI.

Submission Date : April 28th
Biometrics Confirmation : April 29th
Medicals passed : May 19th

Original Passport Request : July 27th.

Exactly 3 months!

My work here is done!

May God grant favour to all those who are still waiting for theirs too.

All the best.

Omofar.

meenah2hot

Dec 13, 2020
Hello Meenah2hot,

Thanks for visiting this thread.

We don't have enough information to assist you. I keep saying that the success of an application is not solely based on funding. Before submitting your application, please read through page 155 of this thread properly, it will help you. Now that being said, let me attempt to assist with your query

1. He is not required to transfer the funds into your account assuming you are still young and lack work experience. The visa officer would not expect you to have been able to amass such volume of money. It is reasonable to have the funds in your dad's account, but he will also need to show the source of his income. He can also write a 1-pager letter of sponsorship to say he will is committed to supporting your academic pursuits in Canada. He does not need to take it to any court or do any affidavit.

2. This depends. If I am not mistaken, the NSE route requires that the funds should have been in his account for 12 months. I personally do not care for that rule. For me the most important things are to show the a) availability of the funds, b) proof of ownership of the funds c) to show its source of funds and d) to leave the funds in the account until your passport request letter is received.

I hope you find this helpful.

All the best.

Omofar
Thank you so much. I really appreciate. I will check the page for more details. Thanks once again

Reactions: Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To God be the glory, its another success story today, Wohooo :D :D :D

Submission Date : March 15th
Biometrics Confirmation : March 15th -(Pending visitor visa application)
Request Letter (NSE): March 25th (This was totally ignored)

Request Letter( Custodian Letter, they did not ask for this before): June 25th
Original Passport Request : July 27th.

4 months and 13 days or so!

My work here is done!

May God grant favor to all those who are still waiting for theirs too.

All the best.

Omofar.

Reactions: teenie19

okosaga

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
Not sure, I ask for the application to be done for me. I have been helping friend and family before now. Just that I havent come across that of high school before.. What I am asking here is simple. Has anyone done a similar application before period.

Want to check the success rate and any good pointer.

Is that not what this kind of forum is meant to solve. Learn from other people experience.

Hello @okosaga,

People get paid for the myriad of questions you are asking for. You are basically asking that the application process be done for you. Please if you do not know what you are doing, kindly get a reputable agent to do it so you do not mess up the process for the mother and her child.

All the best.

Omofar

Jackie Tomson

Mar 30, 2021
Not sure, I ask for the application to be done for me. I have been helping friend and family before now. Just that I havent come across that of high school before.. What I am asking here is simple. Has anyone done a similar application before period.

Is that not what this kind of forum is meant to solve. Learn from other people experience.
You basically listed the entire form na :D:D. The forum I think is for clarifications, sharing tips and experience, explain pointers and most importantly encourage each other. Imagine if everyone had to list out their forms for us to analyse and respond. Also remember that every info or advice we give here comes with an implicit disclaimer. For me, I think if you are that confused on the form as it is, ask for professional advice.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

Its not simple, it is detail and complex. if it were simple, you could get clarification within hours. in my opinion, its a compete package. its more than filling the forms, paid consultant can put time and energy to review and put everything in order for them to apply. all the best

Elquddus100

Apr 16, 2021
Good day Omafor and everyone.
i submitted my student application since April 16 to be precise which they later requested for NSE which I later submitted on 23rd of April . I haven’t gotten any reply till today as it still shows the application is being reviewed…
Guys I don’t know what else to do? Any one that can help me out on what to do should comment .

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day Omafor and everyone.
i submitted my student application since April 16 to be precise which they later requested for NSE which I later submitted on 23rd of April . I haven’t gotten any reply till today as it still shows the application is being reviewed…
Guys I don’t know what else to do? Any one that can help me out on what to do should comment .
Hi,

Thanks for visiting this thread.

Unfortunately, I also have a client who I submitted her application exactly on the 15th of April and nothing now, even her medicals is not yet passed and she did upfront. The Canadian study permit application system is not consistent.

Just keep hope alive. All the best.

Omofar

okosaga

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
Its not simple, it is detail and complex. if it were simple, you could get clarification within hours. in my opinion, its a compete package. its more than filling the forms, paid consultant can put time and energy to review and put everything in order for them to apply. all the best
Simba112, I hear you. I can as well put that effort myself. I was looking at starting here, which could also be part of my search or researching. Thanks anyway.

As I said this is not my first application. I do this as hubby, its just my first High school application. And will definitely fine a way around it somehow. Then after this, then I know I another complex situation solved .