+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Femiiiiiii

May 2, 2021
Good Afternoon All,
I’m new here,I need advice on what my chances are.
-I studied computer science as bsc
- working as an app manager in a bank,currently have about 3years work experience ,I’m 26years
-I’ve been offer admission in uWindsor for applied computing ,also paid the 4000cad deposits to accept my offer
-my sponsor is my dad and he’s small business man,he’s account has about 10m or less
-I have some certifications in IT
-I didn’t do IELTS as it’s not required by my school(hope it won’t affect me)
With the above info, what area do I need to work on or state in my SOP in other to increase my chances in getting my student visa pls .

Thanks
I was also denied a travel visa by US in 2016

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Good morning,
please I need assistance, I’m suppose to re-apply for my study but I just got an information that international student have been exempted from entry Ontario.I want if it’s gonna affect online application. Can I still apply for my study permit. In my ircc profile I was surprised to see that I have17 days to complete my application.
Application will still be processed regardless of the border control measures... so yes, you can reapply

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Good Afternoon All,
- working as an app manager in a bank,currently have about 3years work experience ,I’m 26years
-I’ve been offer admission in uWindsor for applied computing ,also paid the 4000cad deposits to accept my offer
-my sponsor is my dad and he’s small business man,he’s account has about 10m or less
With the above info, what area do I need to work on or state in my SOP in other to increase my chances in getting my student visa pls .

Thanks
Your profile looks good, my only concern would be at 26yrs using your father as sponsor and you are Manager in a bank for last 3yrs. Otherwise there is good career progression and IT is one of indemand occupations in Canada.

Femiiiiiii

May 2, 2021
Your profile looks good, my only concern would be at 26yrs using your father as sponsor and you are Manager in a bank for last 3yrs. Otherwise there is good career progression and IT is one of indemand occupations in Canada.
Thanks Simba112,I actually meant applications manager (Manages the banks application) not a managerial level.
I was also denied a US visa in 2016,I hope I won’t be affected.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thanks Simba112,I actually meant applications manager (Manages the banks application) not a managerial level.
I was also denied a US visa in 2016,I hope I won’t be affected.
It depends with VO, refusal from the 5 eyes doesnt mean automatic rejection. Of course, VO will look into the reasons for the refusal but doesnt predetermine his final outcome. I have seen people got refusal in US but admitted to Canada. Make a good SOP/LOI and apply

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good morning,
please I need assistance, I’m suppose to re-apply for my study but I just got an information that international student have been exempted from entry Ontario.I want if it’s gonna affect online application. Can I still apply for my study permit. In my ircc profile I was surprised to see that I have17 days to complete my application.
Hi,

Not sure where you are getting your information from. But a client left for Canada from Nigeria to study on the 28th of April. The client is now under quarantine in Saskatchewan.

So I know for a fact that Nigerian applicants flying to Canada are still being allowed in.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Afternoon All,

Thanks
Hi,

I think you have a good profile.

I would advise you to take the IELTS test before applying for your permit.

All the best with your application.

Omofar

darmy85

May 4, 2021
I am new here. I want to know what my chances are of getting a study permit. I studied Quantity surveying Bsc in 2010 and has since then switched career to web development. I currently have admission to study web design and development (Certificate of achievement) for 1 year citing that I have never had any formal education in web design. Do I stand a chance at all? Proof of fund is another issue as I am considering using a gift deed certificate as POF. What are my chances?

chefe

Jul 17, 2020
Good day omofar, although, I declared other past visa refusals but I made a mistake in my 2nd application by not declaring that I was refused Australia visa before. Is there a way I can correct this? Considering the fact that my application is been four months in and eligibility check is already in process. Thanks

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greetings!

A lot of people have been asking questions that I feel they should have done some research on, and that is simply self evaluation.

I have in the past posted in detail how to do so. I have gone back to look for where it is.

Here is the link

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/study-permit-challenges-for-nigerian-applicants.610910/page-155#post-8743470

Please take time to review it, so you are better prepared for your application.

All the best.

Omofar

Vicky_7

Dec 10, 2020
Hello everyone.

I would appreciate some advise on this. I completed nysc in June 2020 amidst the pandemic and have not been able to get a job since then. I applied for a post grad course to begin January 2022 next year. Would this affect my study permit application and how do I go about explaining the work gap to the visa officer.

Kindly advise

Last edited:

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello everyone.

I would appreciate some advise on this. I completed nysc in June 2020 amidst the pandemic and have not been able to get a job since then. I applied for a post grad course to begin January 2021. Would this affect my study permit application and how do I go about explaining the work gap to the visa officer.

Kindly advise
I dont understand the dates? You said course begin Jan 2021, and if the work gap will affect your study permit?? Its May 2021 now, assuming that program started 4 months ago (Jan2021)