+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Olamii

Feb 3, 2021
Hello
Please I have a problem
I was requested to submit ielts for nse I submitted that December. I got another Message again to submit my other bank which is first bank statement of account...am so confused
I submitted Acess ‘my bank statements’ as proof of funds because that’s what I do use since day one and ircc is asking for my first bank account bank statement .
Was it a mistake or what?

Emmanuel22

Feb 5, 2020
Hello
Please I have a problem
I was requested to submit ielts for nse I submitted that December. I got another Message again to submit my other bank which is first bank statement of account...am so confused
I submitted Acess ‘my bank statements’ as proof of funds because that’s what I do use since day one and ircc is asking for my first bank account bank statement .
Was it a mistake or what?
Can you send a description of how it looks like
Maybe you just send them an updated “my bank statement”

Olamii

Feb 3, 2021
Most guys receiving this unwanted NSE route eligibility has not yet started at all. Sad that we may have to wait longer. It is a style to keep Nigeria applicant on hold while they do other thing.
Yes i agree to this ,they said 20 days I submitted my ielts result December 24 they replied January 25 that they just got my ielts result...how does that make it 20 days...
Wasting time

Olamii

Feb 3, 2021
Okay let me show you here
Dear Mariam
we require updated copies of your first Bank (Account no : e last one year from the date of request.
You can visit your bank branch or use your online banking account to request a ‘My bank statement Ticket’ specifying “Canadian Embassy” .The date range should specify the last one year from the date of this request.

Worst part is first bank doesn’t give My bank statements only some banks ....
I don’t know how they want me to get that

Royality

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Okay let me show you here

Dear Mariam
we require updated copies of your first Bank (Account no : e last one year from the date of request.
You can visit your bank branch or use your online banking account to request a ‘My bank statement Ticket’ specifying “Canadian Embassy” .The date range should specify the last one year from the date of this request.

Worst part is first bank doesn’t give My bank statements only some banks ....
I don’t know how they want me to get that
Did you use first bank account statement at all in your application ?

Royality

Star Member
May 28, 2020
No
I used acesss bank
Guess you should send a webform explaining that you didn't use first bank statement at all in your application. Then for the access bank account,get the ticket for 12 months banking history and submit it along.
My suggestions though,I don't know much. Good luck to you!

Reactions: Omofar

Olamii

Feb 3, 2021
Guess you should send a webform explaining that you didn't use first bank statement at all in your application. Then for the access bank account,get the ticket for 12 months banking history and submit it along.
My suggestions though,I don't know much. Good luck to you!
I have responded with the first bank statement and also Acess bank 12month ...
Am just tired of them

• Sad
Reactions: Omofar

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello
Please I am hoping to apply once my offer letter is out.
My issue is I operate my salary account , as well as my husbandwith a microfinance cos of the benefits I enjoy.

Please will it pose a trait to my application if I apply using a microfinance accout statement .

I wouldn't mind instructing them to send it directly to the embassy if there is anything like that.

I will have my letter of introduction from my employer and pay slips to back me up .

Please advice
Hello,

Personally, I am not in the best opinion of using microfinance as a principal POF without supporting it with that of a commercial bank.

Though I believe it depends on the assessing the application. Generally, its not advised to use a microfinance bank for immigration. It is however adequate to demonstrate financial investment.

On this platform, I met someone who it worked for, I don't know the moniker personally so I can't tell about the true nature of the story.

I will share from personal experience. In 2019, someone was sponsored by the father using Trustfund bank statement, prior to when the visa was to be approved, the VO requested for a commercial bank ststement.

So if you intend using microfinance, support it with a commercial bank statement with brief explanation in your letter on why so.

Best of Luck

Reactions: Duakkie

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
It’s study permit
I have applied since October but with my child maybe that’s what’s delaying....all hopes on God
Hello,

You will laugh over this at last. Since you've already responded to the request, what you exempted was a Letter of Explanation to fault the VO on the ground of meticulosity with your application.

Its never too late to include a letter to point the error out to IRCC. This may be a formality, but it could help straighten things up to your good. If possible demand for an apology.

Best of Luck

Olamii

Feb 3, 2021
Hello,

You will laugh over this at last. Since you've already responded to the request, what you exempted was a Letter of Explanation to fault the VO on the ground of meticulosity with your application.

Its never too late to include a letter to point the error out to IRCC. This may be a formality, but it could help straighten things up to your good. If possible demand for an apology.

Best of Luck
I also sent a letter along with the reply that I did not use my first bank that I submitted only Acess...
I guess it might be and error from the guy maybe requesting for the 12 month from Acess not first bank...

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have responded with the first bank statement and also Acess bank 12month ...
Am just tired of them
Sorry.

They are a bunch of confused people at the embassy. Just pray, keep hope alive and the best will come your way.

Cheers.

Omofar