+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

ClusterV

Feb 29, 2020
Good evening,

Please I applied for my study permit in March 2020 through paper application in the Abuja office and I am still yet to get a response. I have been seeing advise on the plat form to apply for a Gcms note. Please how do I apply for the Gcms note to make inquires?

Thank you!

Faithyyyyy

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Good evening,

Please I applied for my study permit in March 2020 through paper application in the Abuja office and I am still yet to get a response. I have been seeing advise on the plat form to apply for a Gcms note. Please how do I apply for the Gcms note to make inquires?

Thank you!
google is your best friend . google how to apply for gcms notes .

Zoe44

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Hello omofar and other gurus in the house,
I need your advice on this, i ordered for my GCMS note and discovered i was refused visa on GCMS note meanwhile it's still showing reviewing eligibility on the website. This was the text on my GCMS note. Please what can i do

The applicant is a 27yr old single Nigerian citizen, applicant is employed as an ass project manager. Applicant holds a bsc in technical education applicant is applying for diploma to study project management. Given applicant previous educational/employment history and the cost of study in Canada, this does not appear to be a logical progression of study/career. Given economic motive to remain in Canada, the applicant incentive to remain in Canada outweigh there ties to home country. Weighing the factors in this application, i am not satisfied that the applicant will depart canada at the end of the authorised period. Application refused: ties, purpose.
Thank you very much for your response. The program i applied for is a post graduate certificate program of one year studies.
The documents i attached were;
1. The 3 forms
2. My sister bank statement USA citizen.
3. Admission documents
4. Police clearance certificate
5. Bsc, NYSC and WAEC certificate.
6. SOP
7. Study leave from the company
(i didn't attached my bank statement because my work is a contract job, money dont usually come to my account from the company account, most time my boss transfer from his on account and not uniform or on a specific date. )

Oreoluwatemi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Thank you very much for your response. The program i applied for is a post graduate certificate program of one year studies.
The documents i attached were;
1. The 3 forms
2. My sister bank statement USA citizen.
3. Admission documents
4. Police clearance certificate
5. Bsc, NYSC and WAEC certificate.
6. SOP
7. Study leave from the company
(i didn't attached my bank statement because my work is a contract job, money dont usually come to my account from the company account, most time my boss transfer from his on account and not uniform or on a specific date. )
I think it will be best if you apply with a Masters program when you reapply and bank Statement should be in your name (given the fact that you are 27yrs), it will make your case stronger.

Last edited:

Uche joseph

Sep 4, 2020
I need ur help guys, I order for gcms note today for my application submitted 12December 2019 and I did biometrics that day 16 of that same month and year, after few hours I got an email that my application has dispatched vfs that day too since then I got no response from them and it joint application, me and my junior brother we used same bank statement ( that my dad own), now checking the site seeing someone who applied for gcms note got refused in d note and was not updated

Goathead

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
I need ur help guys, I order for gcms note today for my application submitted 12December 2019 and I did biometrics that day 16 of that same month and year, after few hours I got an email that my application has dispatched vfs that day too since then I got no response from them and it joint application, me and my junior brother we used same bank statement ( that my dad own), now checking the site seeing someone who applied for gcms note got refused in d note and was not updated
Hi bro. When were your classes meant to commence

Royality

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Hello omofar and other gurus in the house,
I need your advice on this, i ordered for my GCMS note and discovered i was refused visa on GCMS note meanwhile it's still showing reviewing eligibility on the website. This was the text on my GCMS note. Please what can i do

The applicant is a 27yr old single Nigerian citizen, applicant is employed as an ass project manager. Applicant holds a bsc in technical education applicant is applying for diploma to study project management. Given applicant previous educational/employment history and the cost of study in Canada, this does not appear to be a logical progression of study/career. Given economic motive to remain in Canada, the applicant incentive to remain in Canada outweigh there ties to home country. Weighing the factors in this application, i am not satisfied that the applicant will depart canada at the end of the authorised period. Application refused: ties, purpose.
Try to proof ties in your home country with property documents