+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

ade.enzo

Aug 28, 2020
Please, ensure you shoe your ties to home country (let VO understand you will come back home when you end your study)
The only tie I have to Nigeria is a have a full-time work as a software developer and my work is quite stable, secondly, my mom and dad are quite old and in Nigeria (but my mom is a citizen through PR), my two siblings were born there, I am not married with no kids, have no assets or whatever.. sigh anyways I have submitted and I believe everything is in God's hands.

Opeyemiaf

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Hello everyone

I noticed a ghost update yesterday on my paper application submitted in February 2020. Medical status reads; we are reviewing the results of your medical despite the fact that I've neither done any medical before nor upfront medical. can I go ahead to book for medical or should I still wait small?

Thanks everyone

Last edited:

Th3_Future

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
Hello everyone

I noticed a ghost update yesterday on my paper application submitted in February 2020. Medical status reads; we are reviewing the results of your medical despite the fact that I've neither done any medical before or upfront medical. can I go ahead to book for medical or should I still wait small?

Thanks everyone
Wait a bit, hopefully they will send you a medical request form.

Reactions: Opeyemiaf

Goathead

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Hello everyone

I noticed a ghost update yesterday on my paper application submitted in February 2020. Medical status reads; we are reviewing the results of your medical despite the fact that I've neither done any medical before nor upfront medical. can I go ahead to book for medical or should I still wait small?

Thanks everyone
Hi @Opeyemiaf , When does your program start?

Abbeynla

Apr 16, 2020
Good Morning and thanks for your selfless and valuable contributions to the platform. God bless you richly. Please, i need your advice as regards my application submitted since December 11 2019. Below is my timeline:

Appication submission: December 11,2019
Type: Paper Application
Request for Medical from IRCC: January 16,2020
Medical Test Done: February 3rd, 2020
Medical Test Updated on the profile passed: February 5th,2020

Sine then, i have not received any other update from IRCC .I eventually postoponed my resumption to September 2020 and the revised LOA uploaded through the Webform. Since no response has been received till now, i have to postpone my resumption to January 2021 again.

Kindly advise if i need to request for the GCM or should just be patient. It seems they will not be working on the paper application till they resume fully in the office

Akuoma2020

Apr 28, 2020
No. You have to apply online and after which you will be given Biometric Instruction Letter with your UCI application number to proceed with Biometric
You are right. That is the right procedure. I asked this question cos someone posted that he did his biometrics in May and applied in April. That’s weird tho

Oreoluwatemi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Good Morning and thanks for your selfless and valuable contributions to the platform. God bless you richly. Please, i need your advice as regards my application submitted since December 11 2019. Below is my timeline:

Appication submission: December 11,2019
Type: Paper Application
Request for Medical from IRCC: January 16,2020
Medical Test Done: February 3rd, 2020
Medical Test Updated on the profile passed: February 5th,2020

Sine then, i have not received any other update from IRCC .I eventually postoponed my resumption to September 2020 and the revised LOA uploaded through the Webform. Since no response has been received till now, i have to postpone my resumption to January 2021 again.

Kindly advise if i need to request for the GCM or should just be patient. It seems they will not be working on the paper application till they resume fully in the office
I suggest you sent a web form, explaining your situation, cause yours has really taken a long time to process.

Sjunior01

Sep 5, 2019
Hello
I don’t know if you have already answered this question on this forum, but i’m planning to apply for a sp. My sponsor is my brother, but he lives in the US and he will do that through a business that he has. Is that a problem because he lives in the us?

Th3_Future

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
Hello
I don’t know if you have already answered this question on this forum, but i’m planning to apply for a sp. My sponsor is my brother, but he lives in the US and he will do that through a business that he has. Is that a problem because he lives in the us?
It shouldn't be an issue at all. If he agrees to show affidavit of support for that (i.e. this legally strengthens your sponsorship). He can definitely sponsor your studies.