+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Anshu Ghate

Apr 16, 2020
Most of my friends haven’t gotten yet. Are you Nigerian??!
No, I am an Indian.But I applied from Nigeria and my application is being processed in Nairobi. When did your friends apply? Also is their processing center Nairobi? Coz 3 of my friends who applied in April got their AIP on 4th Aug

Wizparar

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
No, I am an Indian.But I applied from Nigeria and my application is being processed in Nairobi. When did your friends apply? Also is their processing center Nairobi? Coz 3 of my friends who applied in April got their AIP on 4th Aug
They’re all Nigerians.. Applied Around April/may... All the applications processed in Kenya... we’re 4... 3 of us already got AIP, August... When did you apply??! And was it a complete application??!

Anshu Ghate

Apr 16, 2020
They’re all Nigerians.. Applied Around April/may... All the applications processed in Kenya... When did you apply??! And was it a complete application??!
Yea...I completed medical and biometrics in the last two weeks of Aug. but my friends who got their AIP had not submitted the biometrics and medical exam .

Goathead

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Most of my friends haven’t gotten yet. Are you Nigerian??!
Hello house,
Please also specify when your classes are expected to commence e.g. january 2021 so we know which academic sessions are getting AIP.
I have not got AIP , my starting session is May 2021(Spring)

Wizparar

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hello house,
Please also specify when your classes are expected to commence e.g. january 2021 so we know which academic sessions are getting AIP.
I have not got AIP , my starting session is May 2021(Spring)
I believe the AIP is specifically for those starting classes Fall of this year... that is this month of September... I don’t think IRCC will issue AIP to someone set to begin classes in January or In the summer...

Goathead

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Hi @Omofar @Yvette123 ,
I finally got my upfront medical that was done at QLife on August 22 uploaded to my IRCC profile. It states that I passed the medical exam.
Already I have done biometrics which has been updated since August 24. I applied on July 21 for study permit for program starting May 2021(Spring)
-Eligibility in progress
-Background checks are in progress.(initially it was showing Not Applicable)
No BVL and no medical request yet

So what next am I to expect? Kindly advise how long to I hope to hear from them

Reactions: Omofar

Yvette123

Jan 23, 2020
hello, all
so I have recently been to Canada (visiting) and I have a UCI number and my biometrics is still valid, paid my first year already, my living expenses fees too is already in Canada and also my sister's husband wrote a guardianship letter stating he will be my guardian during my course of study. what effect (speed up) will this have on my application, I am submitting my application today for winter 2021, hope it's not too late
Please, ensure you shoe your ties to home country (let VO understand you will come back home when you end your study)

Yvette123

Jan 23, 2020
Hi @Omofar @Yvette123 ,
I finally got my upfront medical that was done at QLife on August 22 uploaded to my IRCC profile. It states that I passed the medical exam.
Already I have done biometrics which has been updated since August 24. I applied on July 21 for study permit for program starting May 2021(Spring)
-Eligibility in progress
-Background checks are in progress.(initially it was showing Not Applicable)
No BVL and no medical request yet

So what next am I to expect? Kindly advise how long to I hope to hear from them
Hello, now we are in the same boat! Just sit back and relax, you will get a response from them shortly and stay positive.

Reactions: Omofar