+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Zoe44

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Hello gurus in the house, please help me with a constructive approach to my situation. I applied for study permit since the first week of June I have not heard from the embassy again after my biometrics request, I applied for GCM note today. After a thorough search online about the study permit application, I feel I did not support my application with enough home ties (documents). Here is my situation my mum and Dad is dead and we are 5 in the family aside from my step siblings which I didn’t include in my application. 3 of my siblings are not in Nigeria (one of them is my sponsor) and my sister here with me is married already with kids. On my application I presented a study leave and didn’t include a payslip or bank statement because my boss mostly pay me cash and do transfer sometimes. My dad left us with a gas station which I placed it on lease till 2021 to arrange the burial. I have original document for the property (land survey, building plan ) except the resolution of the company board member which is a photocopy(and i am the second in place to make decisions aside my dad) and original of CAC certificate. should I send this document through web form to support my application, which includes landed property, CAC registration which are all in my dads name? Please advise
From a friend.
Please gurus in the house advice

Zoe44

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Hello, gurus in the house. I appreciate your continuous contributions to our questions. Please i also have a question that i dont understand in the SP process. For someone that is not living in abuja and lagos, Is it advisable to do an upfront medical and how long is a medical valid?

Vheevyan

Aug 19, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
STUDY
Hello, gurus in the house. I appreciate your continuous contributions to our questions. Please i also have a question that i dont understand in the SP process. For someone that is not living in abuja and lagos, Is it advisable to do an upfront medical and how long is a medical valid?
It is valid for 12months. Well, I do not reside in lagos and I am about to do my upfront too to avoid travelling twice. It is a good idea for me..

ade.enzo

Aug 28, 2020
hello, all
so I have recently been to Canada (visiting) and I have a UCI number and my biometrics is still valid, paid my first year already, my living expenses fees too is already in Canada and also my sister's husband wrote a guardianship letter stating he will be my guardian during my course of study. what effect (speed up) will this have on my application, I am submitting my application today for winter 2021, hope it's not too late

Wizparar

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
Please I'm a high school graduate going for a bachelor's degree,I need ur suggestions on what I can use to proof ties to home country as I don't own a business or property here in Nigeria, please...
Are your parents both still alive, and are here in Nigeria??! Can you explain to the VO why you want to study what you’re going to study, your love for it and why you choose to go to Canada and not study in your home country and how the course will help you land a job and begin a career in Nigeria??! That could Help

Reactions: Royality

Sacur

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
I applied for GCMS notes on 11 of Aug 2020.received d note in 29th of Aug.... Eligibility recommend interview, criminality passed,info sharing in progress...pls what is meaning...

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I applied for GCMS notes on 11 of Aug 2020.received d note in 29th of Aug.... Eligibility recommend interview, criminality passed,info sharing in progress...pls what is meaning...
Majority of the times when an applicant is called for an interview it's because the visa officer needs to verify some information from the applicant or it can be because the applicant has been randomly selected for a quality assurance review. In GCMS notes, the reason for the interview is not disclosed and is always redacted. Also see Conducting interviews

Royality

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Are your parents both still alive, and are here in Nigeria??! Can you explain to the VO why you want to study what you’re going to study, your love for it and why you choose to go to Canada and not study in your home country and how the course will help you land a job and begin a career in Nigeria??! That could Help
Thanks alot,any document to support that or is the sop explanation okay

Wizparar

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
Thanks alot,any document to support that or is the sop explanation okay
Both parents birth certificates needed... Siblings BC too if possible... and on your imm student visa forms be sure to include details of family in Nigeria... Then I believe the course you’re hoping to apply for is offered in more than one university in Nigeria, so you’ll have to convince the VO in a well detailed SOP, reasons why you chose not to study that course in Nigeria... And how studying Abroad will help put you in a position above those who didn’t, blah blah blah... It has to go beyond just the shallow cliche, “quality of education in Canada”...

Reactions: Royality

Royality

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Both parents birth certificates needed... Siblings BC too if possible... and on your imm student visa forms be sure to include details of family in Nigeria... Then I believe the course you’re hoping to apply for is offered in more than one university in Nigeria, so you’ll have to convince the VO in a well detailed SOP, reasons why you chose not to study that course in Nigeria... And how studying Abroad will help put you in a position above those who didn’t, blah blah blah... It has to go beyond just the shallow cliche, “quality of education in Canada”...
Thank you so much

Toyosi08

Nov 2, 2019
Hello everyone, please has anyone gotten an approval from the embassy because am really worried because there is no more time again for this fall semester

Wizparar

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hello everyone, please has anyone gotten an approval from the embassy because am really worried because there is no more time again for this fall semester
To the best of my Knowledge,I don’t believe any one (Nigerian) has gotten full approval... AIP is what’s been in circulation to applicants to provide a measure of reassurance on future approvals... If you have received your AIP, I would advice you rest easy and begin online classes.

Reactions: Akuoma2020

Anshu Ghate

Apr 16, 2020
To the best of my Knowledge,I don’t believe any one (Nigerian) has gotten full approval... AIP is what’s been in circulation to applicants to provide a measure of reassurance on future approvals... If you have received your AIP, I would advice you rest easy and begin online classes.
I still havent got my AIP. Have many people also not got their AIP? pls let me know