+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Guddah

Apr 13, 2020
No it was review of eligibility and background check soi waiting for this month 19th to recieve uodate since IRCC said it has startd processing of applications 1 july

Sacur

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a
decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.
Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changesBiometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more
information.
Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.....this is my profile...

Zoe44

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Please i need help. I was asked to go do my biometrics since last month and uptill this moment am unable to book an appointment at VFS Global office and the school is asking me to go pay my fees since my admission was for fall 2020. I don't know what to do.

Akuoma2020

Apr 28, 2020
The
Please i need help. I was asked to go do my biometrics since last month and uptill this moment am unable to book an appointment at VFS Global office and the school is asking me to go pay my fees since my admission was for fall 2020. I don't know what to do.
The VAC’s are currently temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. But may reopen this July. That’s why you can’t schedule an appointment for your Biometrics. In my opinion, I thought you should have paid your tuition fees before submitting your study permit application?

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do not pay any school fees for now. If you can you may request that the admission be deferred. The school wants you to pay, but will put you transition your program to an online one. If you accept to do an online program, you will not get authorization to travel. You don't even know if your visa will be approved.

Please hold your funds, and wait until this whole mess of covid-19 is over. International students need to know when borders will open, when flights will resume before proceeding for now.

My honest opinion.

All the best.

Omofar

Reactions: Zoe44

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
International Students Should Exercise Restraint & Caution At This Time

Greetings ladies and gentlemen,

I hope you are all coping with this COVID-19 mess and the tangible impact it has on your aspirations to pursue your studies in Canada. Things are upside down all over the world right now, and I would urge each an every one of you to exercise restraint for now or you might regret it later.

The observation I and others are seeing for now is that higher institutions in Canada, UK, US and others are quick to request that applicants pay for their tuition, not caring whether the applicant gets their visas or not. This is a dangerous trend. Most of them have already converted the programs to online learning, even for students who are already in Canada are studying online. This is now a big problem. I will highlight the issues on ground with respect to Canada and you can take a decision on how to proceed.

1. There is mass hysteria and panic in Canada over this COVID-19 matter, the government and the people are very afraid so they are taking it extremely seriously, (I personally think this COVID-19 response is exaggerated all over the world, but that is another matter for another day).

2. This has made the schools to shift almost all their programs to online learning.

3. The problem with this for international students is that they still want to charge the same amount for online learning as though one was physically present in class.

4. The schools are also quick to request for tuition fees not caring whether the international students will get their visas or not, because the course can be done online. But what about time difference issues?

5. Right now, we don't know when Canada will open its borders to international students.

6. We don't know when air travel will commence.

7. We don't know when the VACs will resume work, many people that have applied are waiting to do their biometric data capture.

8. Some people are also waiting to do their medicals for months now, but they can't.

9. Even those who have obtained their study permit approvals, will need to get a letter of authorization to travel or else they will not be allowed to board their flights into Canada.

10. If international applicants cannot prove that their program cannot be run online, they will not be issued a letter of authorization to travel. So all social science courses, humanity courses, and non-experimental course will likely fall into this category.

So in the light of all these aforementioned issues, I urge all international students to take it easy for now, exercise caution, and wait for clear directives before moving forward with new applications to Canada, or paying any tuition, schools are not keen on refunding monies paid again like before, they would rather have you not have a visa, but study online. They want to eat their cake and have it at the same time. Pay international student fee, study online, but stay back in your country, ONLY A MUGU WILL FALL FOR THAT!! I am sure I do not see any mugus here at the moment, or there any?

I wish you all the best.

Omofar

Piecoco

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019

I hope you are all coping with this COVID-19 mess and the tangible impact it has on your aspirations to pursue your studies in Canada. Things are upside down all over the world right now, and I would urge each an every one of you to exercise restraint for now or you might regret it later.

The observation I and others are seeing for now is that higher institutions in Canada, UK, US and others are quick to request that applicants pay for their tuition, not caring whether the applicant gets their visas or not. This is a dangerous trend. Most of them have already converted the programs to online learning, even for students who are already in Canada are studying online. This is now a big problem. I will highlight the issues on ground with respect to Canada and you can take a decision on how to proceed.

1. There is mass hysteria and panic in Canada over this COVID-19 matter, the government and the people are very afraid so they are taking it extremely seriously, (I personally think this COVID-19 response is exaggerated all over the world, but that is another matter for another day).

2. This has made the schools to shift almost all their programs to online learning.

3. The problem with this for international students is that they still want to charge the same amount for online learning as though one was physically present in class.

4. The schools are also quick to request for tuition fees not caring whether the international students will get their visas or not, because the course can be done online. But what about time difference issues?

5. Right now, we don't know when Canada will open its borders to international students.

7. We don't know when the VACs will resume work, many people that have applied are waiting to do their biometric data capture.

8. Some people are also waiting to do their medicals for months now, but they can't.

9. Even those who have obtained their study permit approvals, will need to get a letter of authorization to travel or else they will not be allowed to board their flights into Canada.

10. If international applicants cannot prove that their program cannot be run online, they will not be issued a letter of authorization to travel. So all social science courses, humanity courses, and non-experimental course will likely fall into this category.

So in the light of all these aforementioned issues, I urge all international students to take it easy for now, exercise caution, and wait for clear directives before moving forward with new applications to Canada, or paying any tuition, schools are not keen on refunding monies paid again like before, they would rather have you not have a visa, but study online. They want to eat their cake and have it at the same time. Pay international student fee, study online, but stay back in your country, ONLY A MUGU WILL FALL FOR THAT!! I am sure I do not see any mugus here at the moment, or there any?

I wish you all the best.

Omofar
Nice one. Thanks for the information

Akuoma2020

Apr 28, 2020
Thanks for this wonderful piece. But what about people whose visa application have been submitted online and have already paid their 1year tuition fees for the Fall semester 2020 which will likely commence by September 2020? Please what is your advice to me?
Thanks in anticipation for your kind response.

I wish you all the best.

Omofar