+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Dear ADESANYA AKEEM OLAMIDE,
Application no.: S303701018
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I want to inform you to contact your school to differ your admission to the next intake , this is due to the upgrading of our student visa portal. I have determined that your application might meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).
• Your new offer letter is required.
• No new visa fee payment.
• No new documents required.
I got this reply from the Canadian embassy on Tuesday morning and I would want to ask if after this it is certain I get my study permit.
With new admission letter the answer is yes.

I feel there is a little shift in Canada handling of Nigerians study permit. Boy o boy there is improvement with the rate approvals are flying in from many forum.

Sacur

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I want to inform you to contact your school to differ your admission to the next intake , this is due to the upgrading of our student visa portal. I have determined that your application might meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).
I got this reply from the Canadian embassy on Tuesday morning and I would want to ask if after this it is certain I get my study permit.
When did you applied and with upfront medical

milesdavis

Jan 22, 2020
Dear Milesdavies,

Thank you for your kind words, you are most welcomed.

I believe you when you say you have read everyone... That is what lawyers do, I presume you are one since your are going for LLM..

Please anyone new here should try and follow @milsedavies' example... Many people want to pursue post-grad studies, they are not ready to do any form of research, they only want short cut or someone to do it for them...

There is sufficient resource on this thread to help you evaluate yourself and your chances of getting your application available.. make use of it and empower yourself...

Only contact me personally if you can't be bothered and are ready to do the needful..Other than that, I will no longer be responding to DMs and emails asking for further assistance without being ready to do the needful.

All the best.

Omofar

It took me whole week to read entire thread and take notes on every single item you recommended.

As a matter of fact it was for my younger brother (he's bit slow) and being African and his big brother I have responsibility to help him get on his feet so I took the hustle and I'm still here.

After careful thought and conversation with him, I think this student route wasn't the right one for him (at least at this stage). He might meet all the documentary requirements but going to School again at least at this stage in his life isn't the right one.

In this case, what Omafar has done is save me thousands of $$$$$ on what would have been a failed mission (after the fact)

That said, we have decided to change the course considering the main objective is PR and later Citizenship.

As for others I think you should consider New Zealand and Australia as alternative (assuming you want PR and Citizenship) after school completion.

I'm also aware that South Korea isn't bad. They are giving out PR though Citizenship is a bit hard.

But for those willing and has the financial muscle, I suggest you go ahead but always remember the 3 main things that VO will look at if you're applying for student visa

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looking good for you...

So quickly contact the school and get all the things required.

All the best.

Omofar

Bee2019

Nov 13, 2019
It’s sad that you might be mentally exhausted dealing with this whole issue. At this point it might be late for enrolment since your visa is not out yet . but you can try writing to your school and asking for an enrolment extension. They might be lenient with you .

What ever the outcome is with your visa, don’t lose hope. You can always reapply for the next intake this year or look up other countries .
You can always inbox me if you need someone to talk to & share your worries.
Goodluck and cheer up a little

skillbobralph

Feb 5, 2020
Looking good for you...

So quickly contact the school and get all the things required.

All the best.

Omofar
What is the change of getting visa for 30year old going to study undergraduate course in Canada? I heard age is considered. How through and do they accept NECO?

Becky25

Feb 5, 2020
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee

Please how do I go about this because I intend to reapply.
Sorry I'm replying to your post I'm new here and don't know how to create a new thread

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
What is the change of getting visa for 30year old going to study undergraduate course in Canada? I heard age is considered. How through and do they accept NECO?
Slim but possible so far you explanations are valid and schools in Canada don't accept neco only waec..

Pimp04

Dec 6, 2019
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee

Please how do I go about this because I intend to reapply.
Sorry I'm replying to your post I'm new here and don't know how to create a new thread

I got exactly the same refusal response.
So quick one: do you work? And did you put your personal statement of account?
Also did you pay your first semester tuition?

Becky25

Feb 5, 2020
I got exactly the same refusal response.
So quick one: do you work? And did you put your personal statement of account?
Also did you pay your first semester tuition?
No I wrote that I am self employed. And I put my dad's account because he's my sponsor and yes I paid my first semester tuition.

What about you? And did you apply for the study permit again?
And did you get it?

Pimp04

Dec 6, 2019
No I wrote that I am self employed. And I put my dad's account because he's my sponsor and yes I paid my first semester tuition.

What about you? And did you apply for the study permit again?
And did you get it?
I'm yet to apply again but I want to asap, in need of professional hand, did the first myself. Let me know if you have someone pls

Careermama

Feb 6, 2020
Hello,
I would like to go for a diploma course because I have not been able to find any post graduate course in early childhood education in canada. I have 2 different masters already in Nigeria but not in education course. I established a preschool recently in Nigeria and it is registered already.and would like to upgrade to International standard. I just finished my PGDE in Nigeria. Some friends are of the opinion that the VO might refuse me based on age. I'm 40 years and they feel a diploma course is not suitable for my age.

What is your opinion pls

Yemi1980

Feb 6, 2020
Hello,
This forum is highly informative,I appreciate all the great minds here.
However,i haven't applied for any visa yet, I have been doing my research on how to get it right,please I need your advice.
I intend apply for a study permit., I don't have a degree,just a diploma in Catering.I have a working experience of over 10years in Fast food management,and I am 40yrs old. What are my chances of getting a study permit and what other options will be advisable for me, thanks.