+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Fitz_1900

Sep 27, 2019
Greetings Dear Friends!

CANADA IS NO LONGER SMILING @ NIGERIANS
I hope well.

At the point, I am no longer angry or frustrated, it is now clear that there is a change in the dynamics of how visa applications from Nigerians are treated. The change has not and will probably not be announced. But those of use at the forefront can observe it.

Today, I just got a refusal letter for another client, who was supposed to pursue post-graduate diploma at Humber College...

So LOA in place, Tuition for the 1st session completely paid up for, currently working, sponsored by his mother, and there was sufficient cash balance in the account, the young man has modest travel history. Despite all these, his application was rejected. I just informed his sponsor, she was not angry or bitter, she asked me not to bother with any appeal or re-application process and just request a refund from the school, she will send her child elsewhere. I totally shared the sentiment!!!!!

Given the current circumstances, I am sorry I will no longer be offering further advice with regards to pursuing post-graduate studies in Canada. The embassy is no longer transparent, no longer fair or just, and there is no reasonable expectation that following all the rules or meeting the checklist will assure one of a study permit approval. If you are pursuing a post-graduate degree, I wish you all the best, if you are pursuing an undergraduate degree, you have a much better chance,- if you are the appropriate age of 16-20 tops.

One final piece of advice, I think there is a problem at the Kenyan office, I have done my research and you can submit your application at the Ghanaian office. If you can afford to, fly to Ghana, and submit your application by paper, hopefully, it will be sent to the Ghana office where they will probably be more lenient.

I will humbly suggest you consider pursuing your dreams elsewhere, For now, Canada is no longer smiling at Nigerians.

All the best.

Omofar
After applying recently for visa here, can someone also do same visa application if he travels to "Ghana"?

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Omofar I wanted to know if you could explain to me how to show strong ties to my home country when applying for a study permit
Hello Iloveme2,

Hope well. I will offer you advise, but I am not sure if it will be useful.

1. You need to have an extensive international travel history if you don't have one, then your chances are much lower.

2. It will be good if you already have a well-paying job, and you demonstrate that you 'intend' to return to that job on completion of your studies

3.If you have assets like your own house and plenty of savings.

4. You also need to explain how you plan to re-integrate to Nigeria upon completion of your studies, what you intend to do with the education acquired in Canada.

5. Maybe if you have family, then you can show that you intend to return to them upon completion of your studies.

In honesty, there is no rule, no matter what you do, if the 'idiotic/stupid' VO is not convinced, then they will still refuse your visa. I have people who demonstrated all this and their applications were still refused.

I wish you the very best.

Omofar

Iloveme2

Sep 27, 2019
@Omofar I wanted to know if you could explain to me how to show strong ties to my home country when applying for a study permit
I’m 17 and I have already applied for the Canadian visa last year but got denied twice.
I honestly don’t know where I went wrong but I would like to give you a breakdown of my new application process in order to avoid the same mistake again
1. Provided basic documents listed on the CIC document checklist
2. Provided sponsorship letter from my mom who has presented bank statements of about10million in her personal account and about 4millon in her business account
3. LOA from the college I’m going to for a pre university program and 2 semesters already paired for as stated in the invoice the school provided ( the balance is approximately 3mil )
4. Proof of ownership of 2 land properties
5. My parents are divorced so my mum has full custody hence her also putting in divorce papers although my dad is very supportive even though he isn’t helping financially
6. My transcript and Toefl scores
7. Letter from the bank assuring that my mom is my sponsor
My dad signed all the papers eg custodian form because I am a minor. The guy handling the applications at the VFS said we should include my brothers birth certificate and database to show strong ties but I don’t buy th

Iloveme2

Sep 27, 2019
Hello Iloveme2,

Hope well. I will offer you advise, but I am not sure if it will be useful.

1. You need to have an extensive international travel history if you don't have one, then your chances are much lower.

2. It will be good if you already have a well-paying job, and you demonstrate that you 'intend' to return to that job on completion of your studies

3.If you have assets like your own house and plenty of savings.

4. You also need to explain how you plan to re-integrate to Nigeria upon completion of your studies, what you intend to do with the education acquired in Canada.

5. Maybe if you have family, then you can show that you intend to return to them upon completion of your studies.

In honesty, there is no rule, no matter what you do, if the 'idiotic/stupid' VO is not convinced, then they will still refuse your visa. I have people who demonstrated all this and their applications were still refused.

Omofar
I don’t work my mom does and I have already been to UK SA and Dubai. I also travelled to US earlier this year. We have a family house which we are including in the application and my mom also has a warehouse she wants to include too

vesment

Jun 14, 2019
study permit, they have 3 types of visa i think with diff prices
Study permit or holiday?

Never knew there is anything like super-priority visa...

I guess Canada is for the highest bidder.

Not cool...

Omofar
yes they do. uk has three types of visas shaaa with diff prices

Maleek0007

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Ple
hello all
I completely forgot to post here as my relocation to Canada was a tedious one, but all praise to God
to my surprise my study permit took only 2 and half weeks for me to get a response.
it was positive and as I speak I am in Montreal.
I started a late application (I remember starting between Aug 11-14) and I wanted to defer but I decided to apply like that.
to my surprise, I got a reply in just 2 and a half weeks, in contrary to the 8 weeks minimum. However, I had my medicals done upfront and I did my biometric the next day they asked and submitted already.
Thanks to omofar for advising me to pay my tuition before applying.
I wrote this just to motivate someone out there thinking of deferring or thinking it isn't possible because you have read so many rejection stories online. it is good to listen to people but don't let people talk you out if you are convinced within you and you are driven about getting it done.
In summary, I went against all odds (Not only did I apply late, I already had UK, USA, and even Latvia visa rejection) and the results I still don't believe till now! all praise to God because my application Indeed was all done by him.
Stay positive.
I have been admitted to prince Edwards University,please can you list the documents you submitted for your study permit, thanks

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Omofar, Just got my visa for January intake, but I would like to know what are the options of staying back after my masters and the rate of success.
Thank you
Congratulations!

Its high! On successful completion of your Masters degree, you will get post-study work permit. Once you work legally in a skilled occupation for 12 calendar months you will be eligible to apply for a permanent residency.

Omofar

Ljamiu

Sep 28, 2019
Congratulations!

Its high! On successful completion of your Masters degree, you will get post-study work permit. Once you work legally in a skilled occupation for 12 calendar months you will be eligible to apply for a permanent residency.

Omofar
Sorry are you from Nigeria

Maleek0007

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Congrats bro,I tap from your blessing,I just got admission to prince Edward University,and about applying for visa,can we chat provatelp,if yes I will inbox you with my digits,I need few guide lines from you,thanks