+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Enijessy

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Hello Yejide1971,

I am sorry to hear about the refusal of your application. There are many sites that offer this service, you can google 'get gcms notes' and they will pop up. Do your background check before you decide which one to use. However, if you have any friend or family living in Canada legally either permanently or temporarily (like work permit not tourist visa) you can ask them to request for it your before. It's cheaper. It takes about 30 days from the day of submission.

All the best.

Omofar
Hello omafor , hope you’re good . Please I applied since early July and I have done Medicals , just waiting on my passport to be returned which seems to be taking time . I was supposed to resume 4th sept but my school insisted I defer to Jan which I just did over the weekend , my question is if the visa comes this month end is there a need to send the deferral letter to the embassy ? Or just wait explain at the POE in Jan 2020

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello omafor , hope you’re good . Please I applied since early July and I have done Medicals , just waiting on my passport to be returned which seems to be taking time . I was supposed to resume 4th sept but my school insisted I defer to Jan which I just did over the weekend , my question is if the visa comes this month end is there a need to send the deferral letter to the embassy ? Or just wait explain at the POE in Jan 2020
I would say all you have to do is get to the POE and explain yourself. That should suffice.

Cheers

Chris94

Jul 25, 2019
hello all
I completely forgot to post here as my relocation to Canada was a tedious one, but all praise to God
to my surprise my study permit took only 2 and half weeks for me to get a response.
it was positive and as I speak I am in Montreal.
I started a late application (I remember starting between Aug 11-14) and I wanted to defer but I decided to apply like that.
to my surprise, I got a reply in just 2 and a half weeks, in contrary to the 8 weeks minimum. However, I had my medicals done upfront and I did my biometric the next day they asked and submitted already.
Thanks to omofar for advising me to pay my tuition before applying.
I wrote this just to motivate someone out there thinking of deferring or thinking it isn't possible because you have read so many rejection stories online. it is good to listen to people but don't let people talk you out if you are convinced within you and you are driven about getting it done.
In summary, I went against all odds (Not only did I apply late, I already had UK, USA, and even Latvia visa rejection) and the results I still don't believe till now! all praise to God because my application Indeed was all done by him.
Stay positive.

vesment

Jun 14, 2019
hey omofar, please i have gotten my stamped passport since last week friday and up until now i am yet to get my introduction letter or correspondence letter. will it be a problem? i have been sending webforms but nothing yet

manlush

Sep 26, 2019
Dear Omofar,
Thank you for accepting me on this forum, much appreciated. i have really learnt from questions that people have asked and the answers you have provided.. However, i will like to ask some more questions;

- Can anyone be my sponsor or do they have to be related to me?
- Can i have a sponsor residing in Canada?
- other than account statement, what other documents should my sponsor provide?
Hint: i have applied for a post graduate diploma in CNC prince george, have my LOA, paid for one semester already.

thanks.

Yeka_chuqu

Sep 26, 2019
Hello pls I got my visa denied I am 27 years of age going for a pgd in global business management
Travel history
Home ties
Current employment situation

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greetings Dear Friends!

CANADA IS NO LONGER SMILING @ NIGERIANS
I hope well.

At the point, I am no longer angry or frustrated, it is now clear that there is a change in the dynamics of how visa applications from Nigerians are treated. The change has not and will probably not be announced. But those of use at the forefront can observe it.

Today, I just got a refusal letter for another client, who was supposed to pursue post-graduate diploma at Humber College...

So LOA in place, Tuition for the 1st session completely paid up for, currently working, sponsored by his mother, and there was sufficient cash balance in the account, the young man has modest travel history. Despite all these, his application was rejected. I just informed his sponsor, she was not angry or bitter, she asked me not to bother with any appeal or re-application process and just request a refund from the school, she will send her child elsewhere. I totally shared the sentiment!!!!!

Given the current circumstances, I am sorry I will no longer be offering further advice with regards to pursuing post-graduate studies in Canada. The embassy is no longer transparent, no longer fair or just, and there is no reasonable expectation that following all the rules or meeting the checklist will assure one of a study permit approval. If you are pursuing a post-graduate degree, I wish you all the best, if you are pursuing an undergraduate degree, you have a much better chance,- if you are the appropriate age of 16-20 tops.

One final piece of advice, I think there is a problem at the Kenyan office, I have done my research and you can submit your application at the Ghanaian office. If you can afford to, fly to Ghana, and submit your application by paper, hopefully, it will be sent to the Ghana office where they will probably be more lenient.

I will humbly suggest you consider pursuing your dreams elsewhere, For now, Canada is no longer smiling at Nigerians.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Omofar,
Thank you for accepting me on this forum, much appreciated. i have really learnt from questions that people have asked and the answers you have provided.. However, i will like to ask some more questions;

- Can anyone be my sponsor or do they have to be related to me?
- Can i have a sponsor residing in Canada?
- other than account statement, what other documents should my sponsor provide?
Hint: i have applied for a post graduate diploma in CNC prince george, have my LOA, paid for one semester already.

thanks.
Hi,

I am sorry, there is no advice I can offer you that can help.

All the best with your application.

Cheers.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello pls I got my visa denied I am 27 years of age going for a pgd in global business management
Travel history
Home ties
Current employment situation
I am sorry, there is not much I can do to assist you. You may wish to try again or consider elsewhere.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we

we respect your decisions omofar, this guys are no more fair to nigerians at all
Bros as in ehn?!

I weak... :(:confused::oops::eek:

I am waiting to hear from one guy on this thread that applied from the UK, I wanted to know the outcome of his application, it would really be interesting... He was very confident and positive that he would get the permit. I wonder how it went

Cheers

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Omofar Lol, I've got friends that applied from the UK and still got it. My ties are in Nigeria not the UK, I'm currently on a student visa that would be expiring in October. So my immigration status is valid. Dude you mustn't go back to your home country to tender an application. It can be done anywhere provided your immigration status at where you'd give your biometrics is clear and valid. Notice how I didn't ask you if I'll get the study permit? I'm not a newbie... I just came here to find out if anyone was in a similar situation. Cheers anyway and I hope you're wrong too.

@Omofar And I didn't say I'd be returning to the UK lmao... to do what? You're prolly not familiar with how visa applications work in third countries. It's fine, we learn everyday.

Bro how far, have you gotten a response from the London office, when are you flying?

Wish you the best bro.

Omofar

vesment

Jun 14, 2019
three people i know who applied for super priority visa was called and they got their approvals in 3 days. they are leaving this December
Bros as in ehn?!

I weak... :(:confused::oops::eek:

I am waiting to hear from one guy on this thread that applied from the UK, I wanted to know the outcome of his application, it would really be interesting... He was very confident and positive that he would get the permit. I wonder how it went

Cheers

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
three people i know who applied for super priority visa was called and they got their approvals in 3 days. they are leaving this December
Study permit or holiday?

Never knew there is anything like super-priority visa...

I guess Canada is for the highest bidder.

Not cool...

Omofar