+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

theoanne

Sep 18, 2019
Hello omofar
I have sent them a webform but still no reply from them...my background check is still processing since July

Bamcyburg

Feb 2, 2019
Omofar, I zoom your great job here! God bless you bountifully I’ve one or two things to discuss with you. Kindly text me on WhatsApp via 08059661757

vesment

Jun 14, 2019
hey omofar, please my school is in ontario but i wish to come in through montreal with air maroc and then board the next one to toronto yyz due to less layovers. i want to know if it will raise eye brow that am coming through montreal instead of toronto

Reactions: Omofar

zoeyyy

Sep 19, 2019
Good day,

My school resumes in Jan 2020, i am about to apply for a study permit. However, I am unsure whether to submit an online or paper application. I will like to submit a paper one but due to timing is an online application better? I have my upfront medicals ready as well.
Also, do i need a police clearance? since its a temporary residence visa and not a PR?

Fasan

Aug 31, 2019
Hello omofar.
My passport expires August 2020.
Can I go ahead and apply for a student visa. I’m intended program of study is a 2 year programmer

donedi

Sep 19, 2019
Nigeria processing time states 9weeks on cic websites. Hhh

Have anyone recieved approve within the 9weeks ???

I applied on 11 April . Just want to know how many percent they are able to process application within that 9weeks they stated ?
Hello. I applied on same day as well, and no feedback. Please, what's your current status?

Reactions: Bamcyburg

Gifted001

Sep 19, 2019
I received my passport with a visa stamp on it, but I have not yet received the approval letter since 21st of August 2019, Please How can I get the letter?

donedi

Sep 19, 2019
Hi all.
Am really stressed up.
Applied for my study permit since April 1st. Haven’t got a repply till now. I wrote to the embassy in Dakar and they say they are doing health security and crimality check!
I got a friend who applied on April 2 and she received her final decision on May 10
Got another friend who applied on April 20 and received the his final decision on May 24.
What can possibly explain this much delay in my application!
(NB: We all had as school start date September 2019)
Hello. Please what's your current update? I'm in a similar situation.

Cephars

Sep 19, 2019
Hi Omofar, let me begin by appreciating the excellent work you're doing here. Almost read through and your replies have been both professional and friendly.
OK, i am 28 Mathematics major in my first degree, I was going to apply for masters but from my research and from this forum I might be on a disadvantage vis-a-vis my age. My query is this, I want to apply for a PGD diploma instead but In a different field can I do that? Also I graduated 2017 and have a business that is registered with CAC. Personally I have 17,000 CAD in savings I.e 10,000 CAD plus part payment for my tuition, I hope it can serve else I should be able to get my friend to vouch for whatever balance that would be left. My goal is to eventual go on with Masters after the program but work in between there in Canada, please advice appropriately. Thank you once again for all you do here and represent.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey omofar, please my school is in ontario but i wish to come in through montreal with air maroc and then board the next one to toronto yyz due to less layovers. i want to know if it will raise eye brow that am coming through montreal instead of toronto
No it will not.. But you will be checked in and issued your study permit at Montreal... Congratulations again.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello omofar
My medical was uploaded yesterday hence medical was passed on the18 September...
Got ppr today 19 Sept by 12pm
Congratulations!

So happy for you. Make the most of Canada.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day,

My school resumes in Jan 2020, i am about to apply for a study permit. However, I am unsure whether to submit an online or paper application. I will like to submit a paper one but due to timing is an online application better? I have my upfront medicals ready as well.
Also, do i need a police clearance? since its a temporary residence visa and not a PR?
Hello Zoeyy,

That is a decision you will have to make by yourself. It does not affect where your application goes or the final outcome. The only advantage is that with the online application you do not have to submit your physical passport, and that is usually a good thing in case you need it for something else while waiting for your study permit approval.

All the best

Omofar