+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

oyukuwife1234

Sep 13, 2019
Does anyone know of any family that applied for study permit at the same time open work permit for the husband and a visit visa for the son and it was approved. Am Nigerian I want to apply for my study permit at the same time process my husband open work permit and visit visa for my son. Open permit processing is 25 weeks will it delay my study permit as I am to resume Jan intake. What is the chance of the visa being approved. We have strong home ties

oyukuwife1234

Sep 13, 2019
@Omofar
Does anyone know of any family that applied for study permit at the same time open work permit for the husband and a visit visa for the son and it was approved. Am Nigerian I want to apply for my study permit at the same time process my husband open work permit and visit visa for my son. Open permit processing is 25 weeks will it delay my study permit as I am to resume Jan intake. What is the chance of the visa being approved. We have strong home ties

Iamepht

Aug 24, 2019
@Omofar please I urgently need your enlightenment on my study visa application submitted online 30th July, biometrics done 2nd August 2019 till now no response. Class resumes 5th September and LOA expires 19th September. My visa application still processing, I have the grace to defer to September 2020 until 19th September 2019. Pending my visa under processing. Its getting late, please should I go ahead to defer my admission to September 2020 or I wait till I read a response from the Embassy.?

Last edited:

Fasan

Aug 31, 2019
Hi omofar.
Hello, good evening.
Please I need your assistance for a student visa.
-Is LOE/SOP the same thing?
-do I need to submit my personal bank statement or just my sponsors?
-how do I include family ties to my SOP?

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Omofar please I urgently need your enlightenment on my study visa application submitted online 30th July, biometrics done 2nd August 2019 till now no response. Class resumes 5th September and LOA expires 19th September. My visa application still processing, I have the grace to defer to September 2020 until 19th September 2019. Pending my visa under processing. Its getting late, please should I go ahead to defer my admission to September 2020 or I wait till I read a response from the Embassy.?
I would suggest you defer the admission on grounds of delayed visa approval.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi omofar.
Hello, good evening.
Please I need your assistance for a student visa.
-Is LOE/SOP the same thing?
-do I need to submit my personal bank statement or just my sponsors?
-how do I include family ties to my SOP?
Its a yes and no answer.

But as for me, they are the same. The use of SOP has been described on this thread, kindly refer to that post so that you can know how to write it.

In some cases, you might want to explain why your Uncle is paying for your fees, or why there is a recent large deposit into your bank statement, or why you had been denied a visa to another country in the past. But ordinarily you should be able to cleverly fit all this into the SOP if they are necessary.

All the best.

Omofar

Adelola9

Sep 9, 2019
Greetings!

If you are interested in hearing the truth, and still ready to proceed despite the challenges, you are welcome here. If you want to be pampered, please go elsewhere.

I am here offer advise to anyone who is Nigerian and needs assistance in navigating the dangerous waters of Canadian study permit application. Identify what the problem might be and how to possibly over come them.

It would be better to come here before you apply, rather than after you have applied, it might be too late to assist you then. Also, never rush to put in an application, if you are rejected once, your chances of being rejected a second time increases by about 60-70%.

Looking forward to assisting anyone with question here.

You are welcome.

Cheers
Please I need your guide regarding download IMM study permit application form. I have tried all possible means still it's showing please wait. I used Adobe reader, internet explorer it opened with please wait. If you have the form please share with me? If no, please I need your mail or contact? I have been in this stress for 2 days now. Thanks

Iamepht

Aug 24, 2019
I would suggest you defer the admission on grounds of delayed visa approval.

All the best.

Omofar
Thank you so much, I have done that straight away. For the ongoing visa processing what should do or do I need to notify the embassy?

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is the situation is better now in Nigeria? Is the refusal rate is less than in the past?
Hi Murich,

Your question sounds satirical or rhetorical...I am sure you know the answer already. Approval rates are below 10-15%.

Cheers.

Omofar

theoanne

Sep 18, 2019
Hello omofar,
I applied for my study permit online since June 28 with medical upfront done. My biometric was completed on July 2nd since then no reply from the embassy. On the 13th of September I got a mail from the embassy for a medical request .please omofar what can I do since my medical is not expired.. Those this mean I will get my passport request after my medical is passed.. Because my background check has been processing since after my biometric Submission

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello omofar,
I applied for my study permit online since June 28 with medical upfront done. My biometric was completed on July 2nd since then no reply from the embassy. On the 13th of September I got a mail from the embassy for a medical request .please omofar what can I do since my medical is not expired.. Those this mean I will get my passport request after my medical is passed.. Because my background check has been processing since after my biometric Submission
Hi Theoanne,

Hope well. Just forward the medical report to them again via the webform and direct it to the Kenyan and London Office. Once your medical is passed, then you wait and hope for the best. Passing medicals does not Guarantee permit approval.

All the best.

Omofar