Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Omofar, were you able to go through?
would you recommend any adjustments?
thanks a bunch !
I think it is sufficient. It conveys three key matters. Clear purpose, ability to fund the purpose, and finally intention to return to home country. Well written.

All the best.

Omofar

Chris94

Jul 25, 2019
i have been denied usa study visa and uk visit visa
do i need to attach a copy of denial or i could just answer yes to the question if i was denied entry to canada or other territory and give a brief explanation ?

also do i need the fill the temporary resident visa form imm5257 form

Last edited:

ovalo

Aug 8, 2019
Good day house, please i have applied online for study permit from Nigeria. please how can one know the visa office where his application is being processed. i want to add some additional document to my application using the webform.

Royal Ajigs

Oct 17, 2018
Thank you Omofar for your very candid advise on this thread. I want to share from your wisdom and knowledge of Canadian immigration.
I am planning to submit my online application before August runs out. I am an electrical engineer,graduated in 2014, and had been working in electrical engineering company since my graduation. I intend to do a two-year diploma program at Northern Alberta Institute of technology where i have been admitted for winter 2020 session. I chose this program because of their hands on experience in practicals especially in Electrical engineering technology.
I have a canadian multiple entry visitor visa and i have visited Canada twice in 2018. I am married with a kid and have a brother which is a Canadian citizen.
Following are the list of the document i intend to submit:
- Statement of purpose
1. Marriage Certificate
2. Police Clearance Certificate
3. My Child's Birth Certificate
4.Appointment letter from Employer
5. Reference letter from employer saying i would return after study.
6. CV
7. Land CofO
8. Family Pictures

Proof of Fund:
1. My Elder Sister's dormant Account statement and letter of Explanation. (USD 34,000)
2. My own account Statement (CAD 10,000)
3. My Brother's Tax Certificate and Letter of Support.
Question:
How do you see my application and the supporting documents? Is there any other other thing that need to be attached?.
Looking forward to your contribution.
Many thanks.

Rosiee

Aug 7, 2019
I think it is sufficient. It conveys three key matters. Clear purpose, ability to fund the purpose, and finally intention to return to home country. Well written.

All the best.

Omofar
Please this is what I need..the format of writing the letter that contains the purpose of visit,ability to

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have been denied usa study visa and uk visit visa
do i need to attach a copy of denial or i could just answer yes to the question if i was denied entry to canada or other territory and give a brief explanation ?

also do i need the fill the temporary resident visa form imm5257 form
Just mention it on the forms that you previously applied for permits to the UK and US but the applications were denied for not meeting the minimum requirements for visa approval.

All the best

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Omofar for your very candid advise on this thread. I want to share from your wisdom and knowledge of Canadian immigration.
I am planning to submit my online application before August runs out. I am an electrical engineer,graduated in 2014, and had been working in electrical engineering company since my graduation. I intend to do a two-year diploma program at Northern Alberta Institute of technology where i have been admitted for winter 2020 session. I chose this program because of their hands on experience in practicals especially in Electrical engineering technology.
I have a Canadian multiple entry visitor visa and i have visited Canada twice in 2018. I am married with a kid and have a brother which is a Canadian citizen.
Following are the list of the document i intend to submit:
- Statement of purpose
1. Marriage Certificate
2. Police Clearance Certificate
3. My Child's Birth Certificate
4.Appointment letter from Employer
5. Reference letter from employer saying i would return after study.
6. CV
7. Land CofO
8. Family Pictures

Proof of Fund:
1. My Elder Sister's dormant Account statement and letter of Explanation. (USD 34,000)
2. My own account Statement (CAD 10,000)
3. My Brother's Tax Certificate and Letter of Support.
Question:
How do you see my application and the supporting documents? Is there any other other thing that need to be attached?.
Looking forward to your contribution.
Many thanks.
1. Your Program of Choice- Is it a Diploma or a post-gradaute diploma, if it is the former, you will not get a visa. VO wants to see academic progression. Please try adjust if applicable.

2. Your previous travel history to Canada is an excellent asset for you well done.

3. The list of documentation required for a study permit will be generated for you if you apply online, please don't create your own list and cause confusion for yourself. I don't know why you need your CV for example. If you make the VO think you are job hunting he may refuse your permit.

4. Proof of Funds: Did you mean domiciliary account? I have always encouraged people here, especially mature applicants to try to avoid using 3rd party sponsors. I will suggest you pay your tuition for at least the first year, then show funds for your living costs in your own account.

I wish you all the best.

Omofar

Chris94

Jul 25, 2019
for the Uk and USA visa denial, is it necessary to include an additional letter explaining why they were wrong?

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
for the Uk and USA visa denial, is it necessary to include an additional letter explaining why they were wrong?
No.. Just mention it on the study permit application form that you have been denied visa application in the past to UK and US, no stories.

Reactions: Chris94