+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all
Is it advisable to pay tuition fee upfront before applying for study permit?
Those who got the study permit already, did you pay tuition ? Was it just a semester or complete academic year.
Thanks
Yes, it is the reasonable thing to do in 2019. When I first started applying for people years ago, most of them did not pay and they all got their permits. Today, the situation and context has become very different. The embassy has gotten to know that people just put money in their accounts but do not really own the money. So the best way to prove availability of the funds is to make the payment of at least the 1st semester, better still 1st session.

However, this is not a guarantee that your study permit will be approved, other factors may come into play such as travel history, job prospects in your home country, family ties to home country, all these will be used to determine if you have genuine intention of returning to your home country.

All the best.

Omofar

Seunfunmi07

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Nah some are in UK it's mainly UK and Nairobi though. When you got to the hospital you just explained yourself to the receptionist and there were no qualms at all? or did you have to see someone in a high Post or something like that
I didn’t tell anybody about anything I just went in for an upfront medicals and got my upfront form

Seunfunmi07

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Please ho
Yes, it is the reasonable thing to do in 2019. When I first started applying for people years ago, most of them did not pay and they all got their permits. Today, the situation and context has become very different. The embassy has gotten to know that people just put money in their accounts but do not really own the money. So the best way to prove availability of the funds is to make the payment of at least the 1st semester, better still 1st session.

However, this is not a guarantee that your study permit will be approved, other factors may come into play such as travel history, job prospects in your home country, family ties to home country, all these will be used to determine if you have genuine intention of returning to your home country.

All the best.

Omofar[/QUOTE
Please how long do we wait to get our passport back

Seunfunmi07

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019

All the best.

Omofar
Please how long do we wait to get our passport back

Jessevly

May 11, 2019
Please can someone still receive medical request after correspondence letter, has it happened before??

Mikebilly

Aug 6, 2019
I just got denied the Canadian student visa on the grounds of family tires in canada n nigeria and not being sure i will come back after studies but there didn’t even send a letter. Help me, when can i reapply. I paid my fees already.

Mikebilly

Aug 6, 2019
I just got denied the Canadian student visa on the grounds of family tires in canada n nigeria and not being sure i will come back after studies but there didn’t even send a letter. Help me, when can i reapply. I paid my fees already.
School starts 6th September 2019, I’m hoping to defer till January or ask for a refund

Aug 7, 2019
Hi, I am jumoke from Nigeria, I applied for student visa some weeks back, I did my biometrics June 26th and was given tracking no June 27th 2019, i haven't heard anything since then and I was supposed to resume September, is there any hope I'd get a student visa or what do you suggest I do