+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

dconesoko

Mar 28, 2019
Hello Omofar,
I submitted my online application on 5th June with and upfront medicals. I submitted my biometrics on 13th and my medical got passed two days ago. I just received the biometric corresponding letter today and wanted to know if that connotes negative.
Thanks.

longw

Jun 18, 2019
Please how long does it take to receive Biometric Instruction Letter from CIC, after registering Online?

Jotemsi

Jul 5, 2019
NOC Code......
A
Greetings!

If you are interested in hearing the truth, and still ready to proceed despite the challenges, you are welcome here. If you want to be pampered, please go elsewhere.

I am here offer advise to anyone who is Nigerian and needs assistance in navigating the dangerous waters of Canadian study permit application. Identify what the problem might be and how to possibly over come them.

It would be better to come here before you apply, rather than after you have applied, it might be too late to assist you then. Also, never rush to put in an application, if you are rejected once, your chances of being rejected a second time increases by about 60-70%.

Looking forward to assisting anyone with question here.

You are welcome.

Cheers
Hello,

I am 28 years old, and I haven't had much gap in my employment history in the past 5 years so I've had a steady flow of income. I have a good travel history as I've been to the UK very often as well as quite a few African countries within the past 10 years alone.

I recently applied to a postgraduate certificate program in Vancouver for January 2020 start date and I have received my conditional offer letter. I am planning to pay 50% of my tuition as indicated in the offer letter (the total tuition being $12800 which makes the total I'll need for the visa at least $22800). I have had about 2.5m which I saved myself and my parents are planning to sell a land in order to raise about 8m which will be placed in my account and which I will have access to use during my studies.
I am aware of the requirements for applying for the study visa but my question is this: Say the remaining money is placed in my account today for example and I apply for the study permit in September, would there be any issue concerning the proof of funds? Or would I need to show proof of sale of the land?

Also how long does it take for a study permit to be issued if i fulfill those three important conditions you mentioned?

Thanks for the anticipated response.
Regards.

Last edited:

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am 28 years old, and I haven't had much gap in my employment history in the past 5 years so I've had a steady flow of income. I have a good travel history as I've been to the UK very often as well as quite a few African countries within the past 10 years alone.

I recently applied to a postgraduate certificate program in Vancouver for January 2020 start date and I have received my conditional offer letter. I am planning to pay 50% of my tuition as indicated in the offer letter (the total tuition being $12800 which makes the total I'll need for the visa at least $22800). I have had about 2.5m which I saved myself and my parents are planning to sell a land in order to raise about 8m which will be placed in my account and which I will have access to use during my studies.
I am aware of the requirements for applying for the study visa but my question is this: Say the remaining money is placed in my account today for example and I apply for the study permit in September, would there be any issue concerning the proof of funds? Or would I need to show proof of sale of the land?

Also how long does it take for a study permit to be issued if i fulfill those three important conditions you mentioned?

Thanks for the anticipated response.
Regards.
Hello Jotemsi,

Thank you for visiting this thread.

You seem to be doing a lot of reading of my posts, I think that is commendable, a lot of people want to apply for study permit, but refuse to avail themselves of relevant information.

If the money is placed in your account today, you can demonstrate source of the funds by showing documentation to show the sale of the land transaction, a letter from your parents explaining that it is their desire to support you and they can include that they expect you to pay back the 'loan'. But since you are working as well, it will be good that you also show evidence of this. But the land must be sold first and the money placed in your account before application is made.

If all goes well and you apply online, your original passport request should be ready within 1 month and a few days. That has been the trend since the beginning of this year for all my clients.

I wish you the best.

Omofar

Amajugab

Jul 6, 2019
Many thanks for your voluntary help.

I am interested in pursing my PhD in Canada. I am 35, self employed with registered business since 2013. I have adequate funds for the purpose. I have read so much but really have not seen much about PhD opportunities and visa process. Although there were study gaps before my degree in 2016 but followed it up quickly with a masters degree which was rounded up months ago. Really want to fancy my chances and a little advice on securing admission as there have been contradictory materials.

Jotemsi

Jul 5, 2019
NOC Code......
A
Th
Hello Jotemsi,

Thank you for visiting this thread.

You seem to be doing a lot of reading of my posts, I think that is commendable, a lot of people want to apply for study permit, but refuse to avail themselves of relevant information.

If the money is placed in your account today, you can demonstrate source of the funds by showing documentation to show the sale of the land transaction, a letter from your parents explaining that it is their desire to support you and they can include that they expect you to pay back the 'loan'. But since you are working as well, it will be good that you also show evidence of this. But the land must be sold first and the money placed in your account before application is made.

If all goes well and you apply online, your original passport request should be ready within 1 month and a few days. That has been the trend since the beginning of this year for all my clients.

I wish you the best.

Omofar
Thank you very much for the response. The sale of land transaction you refer to would be copies of the ownership transfer documents and such right?

Also evidence of work would be my appointment letter right? Is there anything else I need to include since we don't exactly receive pay slips.

And lastly, I had been worried that the money had to be complete in my account for at least four months before I apply for the study permit (since the proof of financial support needed to be statement of account 4 months long) but I guess this isn't the case?

I look forward to your feedback.

Thanks.

emmy123

Jun 21, 2019
Am a military officer and am applying for study permit and will be sponsoring myself. I have paid the requested fee by the college and presently I have like 9m in my account which I have submitted as part of my bank statement , I have been to US before for a 2 weeks course. I have seen the need to improve my IT skill base on my journey to US, I decided to study computer system technology at a college in Canada. Am married with a son, am going alone. A letter of introduction from my office and a pay slip of my salary with an annual income of 4.5m. Attached my letter of employment signed by Goodluck Jonathan. Also, I have landed property in my sons name and family name. The 9m left in account was from one of my property I sold in abuja, deed of assignment showing proof of the property sold to an estate agent. What are my chances of getting it, also what kind of background checks will they carry out. Pls advice boss. We will need you for subsequent application, others are interested.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Many thanks for your voluntary help.

I am interested in pursing my PhD in Canada. I am 35, self employed with registered business since 2013. I have adequate funds for the purpose. I have read so much but really have not seen much about PhD opportunities and visa process. Although there were study gaps before my degree in 2016 but followed it up quickly with a masters degree which was rounded up months ago. Really want to fancy my chances and a little advice on securing admission as there have been contradictory materials.
Hello Amjugab,

Thanks for visiting this thread, you are welcome.

There are two things here.

1. PhD studies

2. Study permit application process

1. PhD Studies in Canada is a very difficult process, especially now that you are already 35. In Canada, you have to get a PI or what we refer to as a supervisor willing to take you as a graduate/PhD student. That is a herculean task depending on the field of study. It is more cost effective for the PI to take a Canadian or PR holder than take an International student. It will be quite difficult, and I am afraid I may not be able to offer any tangible advise in that area.

2. With regards to Canadian Study Permit the process is the same, it does not matter whether its BSc, PhD, College, it all the same. If you ge an offer of admission for your PhD and follow all the advise I have given concerning applying for a study permit, then you should be fine.

I wish you all the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Th

Thank you very much for the response. The sale of land transaction you refer to would be copies of the ownership transfer documents and such right?

Also evidence of work would be my appointment letter right? Is there anything else I need to include since we don't exactly receive pay slips.

And lastly, I had been worried that the money had to be complete in my account for at least four months before I apply for the study permit (since the proof of financial support needed to be statement of account 4 months long) but I guess this isn't the case?

I look forward to your feedback.

Thanks.
1. Sale of transaction: Deed of assignment, payment details, sale documents/contract etc.

2. Evidence of work should be letter of employment, letter of reference from manangement/HR, bank 3-6 months bank statements should show your salary being paid into your account.

3. Funds to not need to be in your account for that long, but it should remain there until your visa is sorted. I would personally encourage you to pay your fees for a year if you can afford to before applying for the study permit.

I wish all the best.

Omofar

Dompax

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Good day omofar
I applied for study permit last year October through paper dropped not online application, so.. fortunately, I was denied the visa, but as of then, before I submitted the application via paper, I took my medical, before submitting it,.
This month, I applied again through online now, and it's said medical expires in a duration of one year while police extract is that of 6 months, so... I uploaded my medical records printed out they hospital gave me that time which carried my name and serial number on top of it, so...my question is should I email the hospital or clinic (I.e where I took the medical) that I submitted my application again, so.. That they will update the embassy, or ...is it possible that the embassy will contact through the print out I updated along with my application
Thanks in anticipation.
Yours sincerely
Dompax.

Tandy1992

Jun 22, 2019
Hello Omofar,
I am 27 and planning to go to Canada for my masters. I am currently applying to schools. I started my current job at a commercial bank immediately after Nysc and I intend to take a study leave to prove that my job would be waiting for me. My brother who is my sponsor has a good job in the US and would be giving me his statements and shares certificates ... I have about 2.5m saved. Please what are my chances.

Ace__

Jul 8, 2019
Hello Omofar,

I just completed my BSc last year with a first class in biomedical science and I recently secured a research scholarship worth around $30,000 for a thesis-based graduate program at McMaster University. I have a decent travel history; I’ve been to the U.K. several times and also obtained my degree there.

I am about applying for my student visa and I have a few questions;

Firstly, do you reckon I would still need to provide bank statements n that as my scholarship covers my tuition ($17,000) and living expenses?

Secondly, I know a police clearance certificate is needed, however It wasn’t among the required documents in my application. Do I still to go ahead with this regardless?

Thirdly, I’m going for a 2 years masters program but my int’l passport expires next year. Would you advice to go ahead with the application and maybe renew my passport later?

Thanks for the time bro. You’re doing amazing work on here. I’d love to discuss this further privately if possible.
Cheers

Reactions: milesdavis