+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

sillysassysally

Mar 7, 2019
25 days after submission do you really apply from Nigeria? Because I know the processing time do take up to 10 weeks or even above .
Hi Evankc,

Yes i am Nigerian. Maybe my upfront medicals helped to speed things a bit. I wouldn't know but i am grateful to God!
I have shared my whole application experience on nairaland here https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/445#78255144

I hope this information helps!

All the best with your study permit application!

SillySassySally.

Reactions: Evankc

Bimbaba

May 6, 2019
Sorry, I meant a conditional offer..

I understand I can table the conditional offer as far as I can prove that the condition has been or can be met. Also I'd like to know the following:

1. For people in paid employment like me, will they not request for study leave proofs at the embassy or what do they request for to back your work? If it's letter of introduction, what will the company put as cobtwnt of letter of inteoduction? Im sure at some point theyve have to say wether its for vacation or so, if they k ow that its schooling abf they havent given you leave of absense or its too late in my case to aplly based on company rules and I just want to wait for everything to be ready before i just leave the company since they can't grant me study leave, what can be done?

Bimbaba

May 6, 2019
As part of the application there's portions where you have to talk about family and prove with evidences your family members. Even my sponsor (my dad) has to talk about his family and dependants. I understand a family member thats in Canada at the moment shouldn't be mentioned as it might make the VO feel that you might not want to come back. My sister is with her family with PR recently in Canada. How then do I manage this part of my sister's details as part of my family and how should my dad handle his about my sister as per dependants and family member.

Thanks

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hello,

I applied for a study permit and right now im on my third refusal. I did an inland application because i was in canada on a visitors visa. so i sent my application to the visa office in los angeles. It was refused and i reapplied because i thought the main reason was the funds. It was declined again and when i sought advice, i was told its because im not applying from my home country.

I came back to Nigeria to do an application and it was refused based on all the same grounds which i felt like i had addressed. they say i can reapply so i would like to do that but at this point i just feel like i need professional help. My permit was refused based on these grounds

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence. You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

How can i best address all these issues please ??
Order gcms to know the details before re applying

Bingie

May 1, 2019

Agbons

Dec 31, 2017
I need clarification. I got information my study permit is considered non routine. What does this mean

Habari Njema

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Hellow guys they just sent back my application for study permit without a message.Anyone with an information about such scenario?

Leon777

Mar 20, 2019
Hello.. I just filled my study permit application form(made outside Canada) .... But i realized after validating the form that it has 6 pages with barcodes at the last page and space to sign and date at the 5th page.
I'm a little bit confused because i saw online that the form is supposed to have 5pages after being validated instead.

Did somebody have that same issue ?????

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello.. I just filled my study permit application form(made outside Canada) .... But i realized after validating the form that it has 6 pages with barcodes at the last page and space to sign and date at the 5th page.
I'm a little bit confused because i saw online that the form is supposed to have 5pages after being validated instead.

Did somebody have that same issue ?????
Hi,

Leon777,

I don't think that is a problem. Once you validate the form, all you need to do is upload it online, it has nothing to do with number of pages. It has more to do with how true and accurate the information on the form is not the number of pages.

All the best.

Omofar

Leon777

Mar 20, 2019
Hi,

Leon777,

I don't think that is a problem. Once you validate the form, all you need to do is upload it online, it has nothing to do with number of pages. It has more to do with how true and accurate the information on the form is not the number of pages.

All the best.

Omofar
Thank you so much for your answer Omofar ..

My problem is that i am doing a paper based application and i will print thé forms but i don't know where to sign the imm 1294 form exactly as it is required to sign on the last page with barcodes whereas there is not space reserved for that on my barcode page instead the space reserved for signature and date is on the 5th page .

So should i sign and daté there ?

Jeffery1

May 13, 2019
Can HIV + patient study in Canada?
Greetings!

If you are interested in hearing the truth, and still ready to proceed despite the challenges, you are welcome here. If you want to be pampered, please go elsewhere.

I am here offer advise to anyone who is Nigerian and needs assistance in navigating the dangerous waters of Canadian study permit application. Identify what the problem might be and how to possibly over come them.

It would be better to come here before you apply, rather than after you have applied, it might be too late to assist you then. Also, never rush to put in an application, if you are rejected once, your chances of being rejected a second time increases by about 60-70%.

Looking forward to assisting anyone with question here.

You are welcome.

Cheers

Kwizera

May 13, 2019
Hello Omofar,

What's the best way to prove your intention to return in your home country assuming:

• You're 18 years, just finished high school, no family, no established career yet, and no travel history
  • My sponsors (my parents) can show enough money to fund me
  • My elder is an international student on a study permit, she just finished her first year
  • My parents have canada's tourist visa since 2012, they've gone and come back twice
Kind regards,

Kwizera