+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
Is there any one from Nigeria that have applied for visa and got approve within a month ????

Hello Evankc,

Thanks for visiting the thread. I have applied for people and they got their original passport request letter within a month. However, I must say that it a few factors determine how quick you get feedback for a study permit.

1. Time of application: If you put in an application during the 'quiet' periods, then you are likely to get a very quick response. If you put in an application during the busy periods like April going toward summer, then you have enter the peak period and you are likely to get a feedback late.

2. Visa Office: It also depends on the office your application was sent to. If you put in an application online from Nigeria, it is likely sent to Kenya or London. It then depends on the work load at either sites. If you are unlucky that your application was sent to London office, you are going to get delayed and most likely not get a visa. I feel the London office if full of wicked VOs. The Ghanaian used to be better, I don't know why they moved their operations to Kenya. The Kenya office can be quite brutal too.

3. Verification: If the VO is finding it difficult to verify your some of your documentation this could also impact the time frame by which you will get a response from the embassy.

On the average, when things are slow at the embassy, you should be able to get feedback within 1 month, if things are not rosy, and factors 2 and 3 are added to your situation, you can wait for your permit for as long as 5-10months.

All the best.

Omofar

When is the quiet period?
Beside i sumitted on April but compare to the processing time it stated 9-10weeks which is much better than last year December which was 23weeks. So i think there is no much applicants and suppose to respond to our application quick like they do for those ones from India within a week

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there any one from Nigeria that have applied for visa and got approve within a month ????

When is the quiet period?
Beside i sumitted on April but compare to the processing time it stated 9-10weeks which is much better than last year December which was 23weeks. So i think there is no much applicants and suppose to respond to our application quick like they do for those ones from India within a week
Hello Evankc, Quiet period in my experience is sometime between December and February.

Another thing I did not mention is that if you applied too early compared to when you are likely to resume, for example if you are to resume in September, they may not issue the visa until its closer to that time.

All the best.

Omofar

teknology

Oct 25, 2018
Lemme ask, can someone who has bsc mechanical engineering frm Nigeria 2011and advanced deploma frm Dubai UAE 2016.
Got 3 admission offers letters for mechanical plumbing,electrical technics for post graduate study certificate and for English language studies at college of Sheridan fees cad 15k for each course, furthermore 2years apprentice work experience in Nigeria as an eng,3years experience in Dubai as project enger, mechanical electro plumbing eng,safety engineer and facility management engineer.. .my study permit refused twice whn I applied frm Dubai due to insufficient funds and country of residents when I apply frm dubai,

My Nigeria passport issued from Dubai.

Now about to apply again, Age 32, my statement of account 12mm and my elder sister as sponsor wit account statement 16mm my father is late and mother above 60yrs ... I have 3evaluated building property worth over 500mm in my name frm inheritance already attested it in abj and Nigerian embassy Dubai...have all my pervious employment letters salary certificate and salary slips, end of employment payments nd benefits... Am back to Nigeria to apply frm here! What AR my chances?

Last edited:
Reactions: Evankc

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lemme ask, can someone who has bsc mechanical engineering frm Nigeria 2011and advanced deploma frm Dubai UAE 2016.
Got 3 admission offers letters for mechanical plumbing,electrical technics for post graduate study certificate and for English language studies at college of Sheridan fees cad 15k for each course, furthermore 2years apprentice work experience in Nigeria as an eng,3years experience in Dubai as project enger, mechanical electro plumbing eng,safety engineer and facility management engineer.. .my study permit refused twice whn I applied frm Dubai due to insufficient funds and country of residents when I apply frm dubai,

My Nigeria passport issued from Dubai.

Now about to apply again, Age 32, my statement of account 12mm and my elder sister as sponsor wit account statement 16mm my father is late and mother above 60yrs ... I have 3evaluated building property worth over 500mm in my name frm inheritance already attested it in abj and Nigerian embassy Dubai...have all my pervious employment letters salary certificate and salary slips, end of employment payments nd benefits... Am back to Nigeria to apply frm here! What AR my chances?
Bros, thank you for visiting this thread.

Your profile looks impressive on paper. I think you are applying for the wrong route to get into Canada. I think you should apply for this visa https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/skilled-trades.html

You are very likely to get it... Its much better you get your PR straight, instead of paying huge amounts for school fees.

I wish you the very best.

Omofar

Reactions: teknology

teknology

Oct 25, 2018
Bros, thank you for visiting this thread.

Your profile looks impressive on paper. I think you are applying for the wrong route to get into Canada. I think you should apply for this visa https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/skilled-trades.html

You are very likely to get it... Its much better you get your PR straight, instead of paying huge amounts for school fees.

I wish you the very best.

Omofar
Aiit thanks mate....

Moyosoree

Apr 27, 2019
Hello
How can an undergraduate show home ties and prove I’ll come back?
I’m not married and I’ve been working. I’m 17

Last edited:

prety247

May 1, 2019
Good day all thanks for vast knowledge shared here to help us.
Pls am 32 yrs old female would love to study in Canada.
Pls I want to know if I have any chances of being admitted for a degree?
Or is it safer to seek for a diploma ?
Which schools would you advice I apply to I would love to study Information technology (Networking, hardware or alike cos I love working with you my hands)?

Bricekemayou

May 8, 2019
Thanks
Am from Cameroon!
But am just discovering this platform !
I did my paper application on the 1st of april and my docs got to the visa office in Daker on the 8th of the same month !
I linked my application to an online account. Its been 5-6 weeks now since i applied still nothing when i check the account online
Shld i be very worried !?

Bricekemayou

May 8, 2019
Hello omofar, great job you're doing so far. God bless you.

Here's my situation; I'm 24years old and currently studying at national open university (noun) i just got my admission from new Brunswick community college, i have a land which mom bought for me about a year ago in my name, i have never been out of the country, my dad has a church and he can write a letter saying I'm an assistant to him, I'm not working and haven't really worked much in my lifetime hence i don't have much funds in my account. My elder sister (she's the first child and I'm the 3rd) will be sponsoring me and she has about 10000cad in her account, she works full time as a manager. I'm just wondering if its okay for her to sponsor me and if there's something i need to know to make my application more convincing to the VO. Thank you.
Hi i got admitted there too
Can i get ur infos so we can communicate?!

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks
Am from Cameroon!
But am just discovering this platform !
I did my paper application on the 1st of april and my docs got to the visa office in Daker on the 8th of the same month !
I linked my application to an online account. Its been 5-6 weeks now since i applied still nothing when i check the account online
Shld i be very worried !?
Hello Brickemayou,

Thanks for visiting this thread. That time frame still looks well within the time frame. You may not hear from them for another 2 months. It depends on how busy they are.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best

Omofar

aviator1999

May 8, 2019
Hi omofar, please I need your candid advice as regards my application. I applied on March and till now nothing, moreso my application online shows biometric not needed where as I was sent an email for biometrics and it was updated but it still says fingerprints not needed and when needed i would be informed. My resumption date is September, by next week my application would have passed the processing time, please your valuable input is required.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi omofar, please I need your candid advice as regards my application. I applied on March and till now nothing, moreso my application online shows biometric not needed where as I was sent an email for biometrics and it was updated but it still says fingerprints not needed and when needed i would be informed. My resumption date is September, by next week my application would have passed the processing time, please your valuable input is required.
Hello Aviator1999,

I hope well. Thanks for visiting this thread.

Unfortunately, the Canadian embassy is very unpredictable when it comes to time frames for study permit applications. Also they have just gotten into their peak season for summer holiday applications applications, as well as study permit applications. It could also be that they are struggling to verify some of the documentation you submitted to support your application. These are many more could be the reason for the long time frame. I would say just chill and continue to hope for the best. Assuming your application is on point.

Let us know how it goes.

Wish you all the best.

Omofar

Reactions: aviator1999

Bimbaba

May 6, 2019
Hello Omofar and everyone,

I just got a conditional letter for my masters at University Of Regina against fall 2019. What do I do next? Can I present the unconditional letter at the embassy?

Please advise staking by.

Thanks

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Omofar and everyone,

I just got a conditional letter for my masters at University Of Regina against fall 2019. What do I do next? Can I present the unconditional letter at the embassy?

Please advise staking by.

Thanks
Bimbaba, Your query is contradictory. Yuo have just received conditional offer, and then you want to present unconditional letter to the embassy.

Anyway, if what you have is a conditional offer, you need to first of all meet all the conditions on the letter. You cannot present a conditional letter to the embassy.

All the best.

Omofar