+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Benjena

May 28, 2019
God is faithful after Study gap for 16 years(yes you heard it 16yrs gap)

Timeline:

Applied on 25 April 2022
Biometrics already done during previous refused app 2yrs ago
Eligibility started July 15th
Medical request on July 22
Done medical on July 27 & on 29th medical passed.
PPR Received on 2Aug.
Masters program.
Submitted passport on 4th Aug
On 5th Aug, account got updated that visa is stamp, hopefully I will get it delivered soon.

What God can not do does not exist
This is to encourage you out there, nothing is impossible

Simolala1

Aug 7, 2022
Hi, I applied since Nov 2021, did my biometric that same month and I also did my medical upfront and got reply December 18th that I passed my medical but to my surprise up to this present moment have not gotten any other message from them. What I saw is that my application is still under processing. Pls advise me

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Hi, I applied since Nov 2021, did my biometric that same month and I also did my medical upfront and got reply December 18th that I passed my medical but to my surprise up to this present moment have not gotten any other message from them. What I saw is that my application is still under processing. Pls advise me
Have you send webform to ircc

AlliyB

Jul 6, 2021
Hi guys,

Kindly advice. I applied for my Student Visa May 13, 2021 and they just got back to today 4th of August 2022. I've been denied before in 2018 but the agency that helped to submit the application said NO that I haven't.

This is the respond:

I have reasonable grounds to believe that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section
16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:
16(1) a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for
the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and
documents that the officer reasonably requires.
Specifically, On your application, when asked "Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied
entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?" you responded "No". I
believe this to be a false statement. I have reason to believe you have previously been refused a visa
or visas to the US. Please explain the discrepancy. This is a material fact that could have induced
an error in the administration of the Act.
Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application
for a temporary resident visa, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you
inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2) a
40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1):
(a)
the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for
misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a
determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under
subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal
order is enforced.
I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to this information. I will afford you 15 days from the
date of this letter to make any representations in this regard. If you do not respond to this request within
the time outlined above, your application will be refused.

Please can anyone advice me on how to respond. I was denied in 2018 and I think the person that helped with the application stated " NO" in the application.

Thank you so much

Benjena

May 28, 2019
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Use this to send an inquiry about your application.

If you haven't send inquiry since close to 9months, how have you been able to send your deferred or ne
W Letter of Acceptance to IRCC? Or haven't you deferred since then as two or 3sections must have passed. Did you apply through agent?

Last edited:

AlliyB

Jul 6, 2021
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Use this to send an inquiry about your application.

If you haven't send inquiry since close to 9months, how have you been able to send your deferred or ne
W Letter of Acceptance to IRCC? Or haven't you deferred since then as two or 3sections must have passed. Did you apply through agent?
Hi Benjamin,

No I didn't deferred neither did I send them any inquiry because I'm already in the UK since last. The immigration office that reviewed it is Nairobi Kenya. Thanks

AlliyB

Jul 6, 2021
They only sent me an email a few days ago. I don't even know how to draft the letter and getting a lawyer would be so expensive. Pls advice

AlliyB

Jul 6, 2021
Hi Omafor and others,

Is this draft a bit convincing for my PFL? Pls criticize and advice what it add and remove pls

TO:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Sub: Letter of Explanation

Dear Visa Officer,
I BAA, am writing this letter regarding my application NO: Sxxxxx for Temporary Travel Visa (Student Visa). To elevate your concern, I would like to explain the discrepancy in my application and my refusal history.
It is imperative to state that I had Canada Visa Refusal (Student Visa) on November 18, 2019. I also have two (2) refusals in the United States. The first one was June 18, 2019, on this occasion I was not denied at the point of interview. I was asked to send my Sponsor’s bank statement and my passport. This was a period when the US government put a temporary hold on issuance of Student Visa. The second one was September 4, 2021, with, on this occasion I was denied at the point of interview after I was asked if I had travel out of the country before. As at then, I have not travelled out of my home country (Nigeria) as I never had the reason to but now, I am in the United Kingdom on student Visa.
Kindly find attached copy of the Canada refusal letter and the first refusal letter for USA as it was sent via email. I am not in possession of the second refusal letter, it was a refusal at the point of interview, and I do not have the letter here. However, I have attached copy of the appointment letter for both for your reference.

Application Discrepancy:
As at the time of the application, while I was in a rush to submit my application before May 14, 2021, so I could get a respond in August 2021 as stated on the IRCC website then. I mistakenly chose NO in the session that asked ‘’Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory? It was not my intention to lie nor mislead the highly reputable Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Commission on my background history, knowing fully well that the US and Canada share information and that the Canada Embassy has the record of my previous refusal. This is a grave and very regretful error on my part and I take full responsibility for it.

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Hi Omafor and others,

Is this draft a bit convincing for my PFL? Pls criticize and advice what it add and remove pls

TO:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Sub: Letter of Explanation

Dear Visa Officer,
I BAA, am writing this letter regarding my application NO: Sxxxxx for Temporary Travel Visa (Student Visa). To elevate your concern, I would like to explain the discrepancy in my application and my refusal history.
It is imperative to state that I had Canada Visa Refusal (Student Visa) on November 18, 2019. I also have two (2) refusals in the United States. The first one was June 18, 2019, on this occasion I was not denied at the point of interview. I was asked to send my Sponsor’s bank statement and my passport. This was a period when the US government put a temporary hold on issuance of Student Visa. The second one was September 4, 2021, with, on this occasion I was denied at the point of interview after I was asked if I had travel out of the country before. As at then, I have not travelled out of my home country (Nigeria) as I never had the reason to but now, I am in the United Kingdom on student Visa.
Kindly find attached copy of the Canada refusal letter and the first refusal letter for USA as it was sent via email. I am not in possession of the second refusal letter, it was a refusal at the point of interview, and I do not have the letter here. However, I have attached copy of the appointment letter for both for your reference.

Application Discrepancy:
As at the time of the application, while I was in a rush to submit my application before May 14, 2021, so I could get a respond in August 2021 as stated on the IRCC website then. I mistakenly chose NO in the session that asked ‘’Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory? It was not my intention to lie nor mislead the highly reputable Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Commission on my background history, knowing fully well that the US and Canada share information and that the Canada Embassy has the record of my previous refusal. This is a grave and very regretful error on my part and I take full responsibility for it.
Hi brother, I am not buying into this, I took time to read, this was my findings, You would want to explain to the VO why you did not indicate in your application that you've been refused before, I expected you to dish out reasons why you did not include them, is okay to state the refusals but first of all convince VO why you forgot to declare it, then state the refusals, mind you background check was done on your app, as at now VO already has the refusals,when and how. So is not your primary objective now but rather prepare a good storyline why you forgot or your agent forgot.

I wish you well

AlliyB

Jul 6, 2021
Hi brother, I am not buying into this, I took time to read, this was my findings, You would want to explain to the VO why you did not indicate in your application that you've been refused before, I expected you to dish out reasons why you did not include them, is okay to state the refusals but first of all convince VO why you forgot to declare it, then state the refusals, mind you background check was done on your app, as at now VO already has the refusals,when and how. So is not your primary objective now but rather prepare a good storyline why you forgot or your agent forgot.

I wish you well
Thanks Benjena,

I really do not know any other reason I could add. But the only reason I could remember now is that as at then, it was stated on the IRCC website that submission on or before May 14, 2021, would get a decision before by August 2021. As such, we were in hurry to beat the time. I stated it in the draft.

I don't know what else to include

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Thanks Benjena,

I really do not know any other reason I could add. But the only reason I could remember now is that as at then, it was stated on the IRCC website that submission on or before May 14, 2021, would get a decision before by August 2021. As such, we were in hurry to beat the time. I stated it in the draft.

I don't know what else to include
Start with reasons, instead of pointing out refusals first. VOs look out for points, they wouldn't like to waste time unnecessarily. Why were u in a rush to submit your application? It was a fresh application right, were you going for September intake? did IRCC give you time frame to submit? Always read your statement as if your VO and not as applicant.

AlliyB

Jul 6, 2021
Okay, I have put the reason first before the refusal now. I just did that. It was a second attempt. Yes there was deadline to meet which was May 14 2021, as stated on the IRCC website then. so as to get decision by August 2022. Yes it was September 2021 in take

Benjena

May 28, 2019
I understand that at this stage is very hard to convince VO but at the same time your reasons look unconvincing because it's easier to forget answering other questions in the form than previous refusals. Technically it just doesn't sound right, it is always intentional because when you get to this very question while filling your form, something always trigger your consciousness, I gues it happens to everyone one.

Rewrite your letter to show more emotions and sincerity

Good luck

Last edited: