+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Omofar
Can pension funds be added to other sources of income and used as proof of funds in study permit application ?
In my opinion, it may be used in addition to more liquid funds that are already available. The VO wants to see liquidity.. It would take a while to withdraw from one's pension funds. If the sponsor were a retiree, then Yes, but if the sponsor is still young and has a lot of working years ahead, then it is not a very good show of income.

All the best.

Omofar

Reactions: Imally

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello brilliant minds,
I am thankful for this opportunity given to many who seek information and advice to avoid mistakes and get clarification about certain issues. Thanks once more!
Please I would like to know if using the online application for study permit is legit.and also if the one should go for medical examination first before applying or wait until they asked u to after submission?
Hello TinaMichael,

Thank you for visiting this thread. I will do my utmost to answer your queries.

1. Online application is best! VFS people can sometimes ask you for things your do not really require, but the online application based on the online questionnaire for the kind of permit you want will generate a proper checklist for your to work with. It's faster, more convenient, does not require initial submission of your passport, meaning you can still travel while waiting for a decision from the embassy instead of being held to ransom.. its just much better in my own opinion, but people have preferences.

2. Medical examination can be done upfront or when requested by the embassy. Based on the things going on now, I would suggest you do your medicals upfront, so that if the VO is happy with your application, he/she will not need to now request for a medical report because it is already available, so they will just go ahead and issue your permit. The downside is that it is more expensive than if you do it when requested by the embassy, and also could be a waste of money if your permit is refused. Normally, if you did not do an upfront and the visa officer refuses your application, he/she will not ask for a medical report to be done.

All the best.

Omofar

Imally

Mar 19, 2019
In my opinion, it may be used in addition to more liquid funds that are already available. The VO wants to see liquidity.. It would take a while to withdraw from one's pension funds. If the sponsor were a retiree, then Yes, but if the sponsor is still young and has a lot of working years ahead, then it is not a very good show of income.

All the best.

Omofar
Thank you so much for your reply
I really do appreciate

Reactions: Omofar

TinaMichael

Mar 20, 2019
Hello TinaMichael,

Thank you for visiting this thread. I will do my utmost to answer your queries.

1. Online application is best! VFS people can sometimes ask you for things your do not really require, but the online application based on the online questionnaire for the kind of permit you want will generate a proper checklist for your to work with. It's faster, more convenient, does not require initial submission of your passport, meaning you can still travel while waiting for a decision from the embassy instead of being held to ransom.. its just much better in my own opinion, but people have preferences.

2. Medical examination can be done upfront or when requested by the embassy. Based on the things going on now, I would suggest you do your medicals upfront, so that if the VO is happy with your application, he/she will not need to now request for a medical report because it is already available, so they will just go ahead and issue your permit. The downside is that it is more expensive than if you do it when requested by the embassy, and also could be a waste of money if your permit is refused. Normally, if you did not do an upfront and the visa officer refuses your application, he/she will not ask for a medical report to be done.

All the best.

Omofar
Sir,
I am very grateful for your kind assistance and counsel in this regard.
I can now go ahead with the online application and for the medical I think I will wait for the embassy to inquire of it from me.
Once again, God bless you!

Reactions: Omofar

hayzead123*

Mar 21, 2019
Greetings...
I am a physics graduate (graduated with 2.1), I am 29 years old and I would like to go my masters in Canada. Please what are my chances. Thanks

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greetings...
I am a physics graduate (graduated with 2.1), I am 29 years old and I would like to go my masters in Canada. Please what are my chances. Thanks
Hello Hayzead123,

Thanks for visiting. Based on your post, your chances are zero at the moment.

All the best

Cheers

Omofar

Reactions: Bamcyburg

Editoreben

Mar 25, 2019
My wife is planning to do her master degree in Canada. My question is that
1. Can I go together with her as a visitor and later get work permit.
2. Can we process study permit and work permit at the same.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why are his chances zero?
Hello Onyeomanacada,

There is no information provided on progress made on even trying to learn about what the minimum requirements are, talk-less of going about getting the minimum requirement. Can a 2.1 in any course and age alone get someone an admission and a visa to Canada?

Kind regards.

Omofar

Last edited:
Reactions: Cephars

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife is planning to do her master degree in Canada. My question is that
1. Can I go together with her as a visitor and later get work permit.
2. Can we process study permit and work permit at the same.
Hello Editorben,

Thanks for visiting this thread. I hope well.

1. Yes, you can go with your wife as a dependent, which will afford you the priviledge of an open work permit.

2. I would strongly advice you do not process both permits at the same time, let your wife get her study permit first, then you can apply as her dependent, citing family life and need to support her in her academic pursuits.

I wish you the very best.

Cheers

Omofar

wisdomsmart

Mar 26, 2019
Greetings!

If you are interested in hearing the truth, and still ready to proceed despite the challenges, you are welcome here. If you want to be pampered, please go elsewhere.

I am here offer advise to anyone who is Nigerian and needs assistance in navigating the dangerous waters of Canadian study permit application. Identify what the problem might be and how to possibly over come them.

It would be better to come here before you apply, rather than after you have applied, it might be too late to assist you then. Also, never rush to put in an application, if you are rejected once, your chances of being rejected a second time increases by about 60-70%.

Looking forward to assisting anyone with question here.

You are welcome.

Cheers
Am wisdom by name From Nigeria...planning to apply in MUN by August 2019 what advise can you give me..??.
we can also chat on Hangout: wisdomibekwe22@gmail.com.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Am wisdom by name From Nigeria...planning to apply in MUN by August 2019 what advise can you give me..??.
we can also chat on Hangout: wisdomibekwe22@gmail.com.

Hello Wisdom,

Hope well. Thanks for visiting this thread.

I will suggest you look at the minimum admission requirements and try to surpass it before applying. This will will give you a higher chance of getting admission.

All the best.

Cheers.

Omofar

Debola_o

Mar 10, 2019
Debola, plz which of the IOM did you use; lagos or Abuja? If it's lagos, kindly share their contact if u have. I need to book an appointment, i already call Q life family clinic but they said no slot until may. Do you know if I can get it done at IOM anytime soon or they operate on same schedule?
Sorry for late response .. @Omofar already replied you . When are you resuming school and what school. Fellow nigerian

Reactions: Salami83