+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

KingMario

Aug 10, 2019
You permit will still be processed, and once you have revised LOA and medical exam, raise webform to update your information. If you don't do that, and after start fall, they can issue you with"purpose of visit" explanation
Thank you so much... I'll wait for a new LOA before getting the medical

Obinnakaka

Star Member
Jun 7, 2021
Ondo
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abuja
Good day,

I tried raising a web form and I noticed they asked me to choose the Visa Office handling my case. I don't know which office is handling my application but I chose Lagos by default. My questions are:

1. What happens if it's not the Lagos office that is handling my application?

2. Can I raise another web form and address it to the Nairobi office?

3. Does sending the web form to a wrong office affect one's application?

Pls I need answers urgently

DameofSJ

Star Member
Aug 14, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
11-12-2024
AOR Received.
04-03-2024
Med's Done....
15-06-2022
Good day,

I tried raising a web form and I noticed they asked me to choose the Visa Office handling my case. I don't know which office is handling my application but I chose Lagos by default. My questions are:

1) I doubt Lagos office handles application from Nigeria

2) Yes you can raise another webform to Nairobi

3) No, sending webform to a wrong office doesn't affect your application. As a matter of fact, they forward your webform to the office handling your file.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Good day,

If its not Lagos, provided they have your unique identifier, it’ll be sent to appropriate VO or office. No need to raise multiple forma to different location

Obinnakaka

Star Member
Jun 7, 2021
Ondo
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abuja
1) I doubt Lagos office handles application from Nigeria

2) Yes you can raise another webform to Nairobi

3) No, sending webform to a wrong office doesn't affect your application. As a matter of fact, they forward your webform to the office handling your file.
Thank you for this detailed explanation. I appreciate.

Reactions: DameofSJ

drsmug

May 28, 2021
Hello @Omofar
I applied on may 10th 2021
Biometrics letter may 11th
Request letter may 25th
Biometrics completed may 26th
Since then I haven't received medical request yet from IRCC and also I applied for fall semester. I'll need to write to my school admissions office to defer my admission so now what next should I do. Will I notify IRCC that my admission has been deferred to January 2022 after I do so?. Please clarify this confusion and help me with a guide to walk me through on this issue at hand. Thank you and God bless you

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello @Omofar
I applied on may 10th 2021
Biometrics letter may 11th
Request letter may 25th
Biometrics completed may 26th
Since then I haven't received medical request yet from IRCC and also I applied for fall semester. I'll need to write to my school admissions office to defer my admission so now what next should I do. Will I notify IRCC that my admission has been deferred to January 2022 after I do so?. Please clarify this confusion and help me with a guide to walk me through on this issue at hand. Thank you and God bless you
you can update citing situation is out of your control and delay is caused by the IRCC. You have no option than to defer to winter.

drsmug

May 28, 2021
you can update citing situation is out of your control and delay is caused by the IRCC. You have no option than to defer to winter.
Ok I'll have to write to my school to defer my admission to January 2022 and after doing that I'm asking would I need to update IRCC that my admission has been deferred or it's just my school admissions board that needs to be notified my admission has been deferred. Would I need to send anything to IRCC after deferral of my admission

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Testimony Time Again.

To God be the glory, another passport request obtained. Please note that this client had been refused twice before someone who met me on this forum directed them to me. It was a tough case, but God did. See timeline below

Submission Confirmation: April 15th
Medical Review: August 24th
Correspondence Letter: August 24th

Original Passport Request: August 24th
Visa Stamped: Awaiting

I suspect something must have gone wrong with the medical exam results, maybe it got mixed-up. The client did upfront, but whatever the case, the client is happy, and I am happy.

Don't give up keep pushing, and if Canada is stubborn, then consider other places as well.

All the best.

Omofar
Pls give me your number

oginnite

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Trying to book a flight to Vancouver. Is British Airway advisable? Are students been airlifted on BA?

Trying to Fly on September 29th, Just wanna know if i won't have any difficulties using BA instead of ET, KLM or Egyptair>

I don't know if UK still have the quarantine policy in place for the stop over flight.

Any covid protocol Protocol still in Place?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Ok I'll have to write to my school to defer my admission to January 2022 and after doing that I'm asking would I need to update IRCC that my admission has been deferred or it's just my school admissions board that needs to be notified my admission has been deferred. Would I need to send anything to IRCC after deferral of my admission
You can choose to be upfront and inform IRCC. My reply above was in relation to IRCC..

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Trying to book a flight to Vancouver. Is British Airway advisable? Are students been airlifted on BA?

Trying to Fly on September 29th, Just wanna know if i won't have any difficulties using BA instead of ET, KLM or Egyptair>

I don't know if UK still have the quarantine policy in place for the stop over flight.

Any covid protocol Protocol still in Place?
below is the protocol transiting through England

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-air-travel-guidance-for-passengers#transiting-through-england