+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

ade.enzo

Aug 28, 2020
Hi @Omofar, thank you for setting up this forum. So I have a unique case, my younger brother got admission into NAIT for academic upgrading, which is a prerequisite for his diploma. He currently has WAEC, NECO and a certificate course.

He got an LOA from NAIT and he is supposed to start the academic upgrading program in January. My dad is his sponsor, but I am really confused about the funding aspect. The cost of his academic program is about $6500 but the cost put on his letter is $18000+ for tuition (excluding accommodation).

My questions:

- When applying for the permit, are we applying for the academic upgrading program or the diploma?
- Will the proof of funds be for the academic upgrading program or will it be for the diploma?
- My dad has his company, is his company account sufficient as a sponsor? or does it have to be my dad's personal account?
- How much should we be looking at for the proof of funds? Considering that the tuition is about $18k+ (we will be paying for the full tuition for his academic upgrading program by next week).

I am happy to discuss this further personally with you.
Hello Lizfad, I also got admission into NAIT to study electronics engineering (Jan 2021)
For academic upgrade, I just checked his fees, yes it's 18k cad, I will strongly advise the sponsor to if possible pay for a full year (this is what I did, I have paid my first-year tuition).
To find the tuition fees for international students please follow this link and download the pdf
https://www.nait.ca/nait/admissions/financial-planning/tuition-and-fees/international-students-tuition-and-fees
All the best, It will end in praise

Lizfad

Oct 25, 2020
Hello Lizfad, I also got admission into NAIT to study electronics engineering (Jan 2021)
For academic upgrade, I just checked his fees, yes it's 18k cad, I will strongly advise the sponsor to if possible pay for a full year (this is what I did, I have paid my first-year tuition).
To find the tuition fees for international students please follow this link and download the pdf
https://www.nait.ca/nait/admissions/financial-planning/tuition-and-fees/international-students-tuition-and-fees
All the best, It will end in praise
Hi Ade, thank you for your response. Are you in Canada already? Can I get your email? Thank you.

Benjena

May 28, 2019
That's good to hear....I pray they grant you so can you explain more to us on this group how you did all....
One out of 10 of thousands of Nigerian ever come back to tell u he is approved.only when they are refused u will see them.other nationalities will always update. It get me wonder when u see annual immigration index and wonder who are these 10k to 14k Nigerian that got approval?

Reactions: Naijaboy