I'm going for a 3year program.
My tuition fee per year is $16,090.

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
I didn't present my bank balance.
My sponsor had $27,000.
I'm going for a 3year program.
My tuition fee per year is $16,090.

That is very poor. At least you or your sponsore should have nothing less down 15m naira (56,132.91Canadian Dollar) if you are from Nigeria due to the trust they need a good amount raw cash in your sponsore account that as be kept for more than 4 months in his account . Beforethey can be convince that your really intention is to study and you are fianacialy strong. Though what was require for proof of funds according to there website is to show your a year tution fee $16,090 + your living expenses $10,000 + your flight fee $3000. All total is $29,090 . In your sop you need to demonstrate how you are going to pay the rest tuition fee let them know there somewhere income is coming from which will be enough to take care of your remaing years program and living expenses .

Reactions: Omofar

QwajoFest

Sep 8, 2017
This time I'm showing a proof of property with affidavit, and a personal bank statement of CAD $ 2,151 with sponsor bank statement with balance of CAD 68,000.
I believe that's enough.

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
This time I'm showing a proof of property with affidavit, and a personal bank statement of CAD $ 2,151 with sponsor bank statement with balance of CAD 68,000.
I believe that's enough.

Yes . But don't forget to work on your sop and also convince them that you will return back to your country once you are done with your program ...

QwajoFest

Sep 8, 2017
I believe the SOP is the same as study plan.
And another question is, with my sponsor's bank statement, the bank is a rural bank, is it idle ?

Moyosoree

Apr 27, 2019
Hello
How do I explain gap in academic history. I have not really done anything related to education since September 2018. I got my acceptance letter in February 2019. I am an undergraduate. My parents are the ones paying my school fees, do they need to write a sponsorship letter?
When I pay my school fees, do I need to have only the required living expenses of 10,000?
Thank you

IamLoved

Apr 27, 2019
Hello

I am 26years old I have an admission to study Msc. Maths and Statistics with a concentration in Statistics at University of Ottawa.

i have paid half of my tuition fee as at today.
I have been to US (i still have a valid visa), UK and canada.
I actually have a sister who is a PR in canada.

I am a bit concerned because i have some gap years after my BSc.
I graduated in July 2014, but did not do nysc until 2016 (The gap period i went to a culinary school to learn how to make cakes and that kept me busy and provided some income. During nysc i worked at an insurance company but i stopped work there after nysc (april 2017). I continued with my cakes and pastry business up until april 2018 (so another one year gap) when i got my current job. I am currently work at a consulting firm and my work relates to my choice of study. I am just wondering how to properly account for the gap years in my SOP.

Also i am being fully sponsored by my dad's company (he is not the only owner though), i intend on providing the company accounts but do i need to include my parents personal bank statements as well?

Then my living expenses of 10k cad does the money need to be in my own personal account? or i could just also mention that my parents+company will cover all of my expenses.

Also could you give me a rough estimate of an amount that should be in the account to show proof of finances.

I do not own any properties oh (no car, no land :( ), hope the VO will still be convinced that i plan on returning.

Thanks in advance :).

Charles04

Apr 27, 2019
Greetings!

If you are interested in hearing the truth, and still ready to proceed despite the challenges, you are welcome here. If you want to be pampered, please go elsewhere.

I am here offer advise to anyone who is Nigerian and needs assistance in navigating the dangerous waters of Canadian study permit application. Identify what the problem might be and how to possibly over come them.

It would be better to come here before you apply, rather than after you have applied, it might be too late to assist you then. Also, never rush to put in an application, if you are rejected once, your chances of being rejected a second time increases by about 60-70%.

Looking forward to assisting anyone with question here.

You are welcome.

Cheers

Hi omofar

Greetings I just received my letter of admission from a college in Canada to study graduate certificate in business and information systems architecture. I applied with my HND in computer science and I graduated in 2011 am 31 years old. My question is that There's instruction in my offer letter to pay a deposit of $2,300 fee before 30day to secure the admission. The graduate certificate program tuition fees for business and information system architecture from September 03, 2019 to April 30, 2021 is $33,268.00. The first semester payment is $8,318.00. So after paying the deposit fee of $2,300 and send the school the payment receipt will I start the study permit application or will i be required to complete the first semester payment before I start with the study permit application.

Thanks
Best Regards

no.cap.alex

Apr 10, 2019
Good afternoon.

I need advice in regards to visa application please. I am 25, living in Qatar for 16 years now. I have been to Naija occasionally but not as much. Maybe 5 or 6 times in this span. I have read on here that applying in one's home country is better than where I'm resident. My educational background is as follows:

BBA in International Hospitality Management (2011-2015)
Avrg grade 8/10...GPA 3.48 (according to WES evaluation)
Intended course in Canada: Master of Arts Communication (research paper) Fall 2019 - the University of Ottawa (admission secured).

I checked the processing time for Qatar and it said 35 weeks (!!!) while Nigeria is 10 weeks. Now I'm thinking of going to Nigeria and applying from there. I have the following questions:

1. Can I use the Letter of Acceptance on the school admission portal or do I need to request for an original copy that is sent by mail?
2. On my LOA it says the conditions I need to fulfill is sending my original transcripts. Do I need to do this before I apply for the Study Permit?
3. My Passport is valid until Jan 2020...should I renew this before attempting to apply or is it not a problem.
4. My mother will be taking an educational loan of around 6 Million Naira in addition to the 6 Million I have worked and saved for. Will it be a problem that the loan she'll take will be taken from a bank in Qatar?

Thanks for answering. Also, any other useful tip you can share with me will be beneficial.
35weeks for qatar gave me a huge shock, i had to go check for myself, well.......its 11 weeks as of now

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Omofar,

Trust you are well. Thank you for sharing your vast experience and knowledge.

My situation is a bit tricky and will appreciate your honest advice.

1). I am currently waiting for my LOA from a Canadian Christian College to study bachelor in Christian counselling. This is based on my calling. However, I have lived in the UK for close to 9 years on study visa and returned home with family when my extension was refused. What are my chances for a study permit with Canada. I have professional certificates in Administrative management all from the UK. (I Intend to write a letter of intent to cover the change in profession/career).

2). I got married in the UK and had all my three kids from there. I will like to include them in my application any chances it will be granted?

3). My husband is sponsoring me and he has a job currently close to 5M annually. We have a joint statement of account close to N35m and my tuition fee is 7500 CAD which we will be paying the first year in full.

With these what do you think.
Dear Hear4hearts,

Thank you for visiting this post. Sincere apologies for just responding. I hope its not coming late.

1. I am sorry to hear you had to move back home after almost a decade in the UK. You probably could have tried getting a masters or a PhD to push for 1 one more year so you could get your ILR, well that is water under the bridge now. Based on face value, I do not think you have a good profile to pursue a Bachelors program in Canada. As a matter of fact, you travel history will come into question, and when the VO sees you have lived in the UK for so long, and now you are trying to apply to get into Canada, it will raise a red flag that you may not have an intention to return to your home country, so it does not look good. Based on your age and family, I would not advise you move forward with this approach. I would recommend you or your husband consider the Express Entry route to Canada. Once you get there you can pursue your calling into ministry by going to theological school or college.

2. Well this may not be useful now based on item 1 response. However, it is not a good idea to apply with one's dependents for study permit. You are better off applying for your permit first, when you get it, then apply for the kids. By applying for everyone, you are showing dual intent. Meaning you may like to study and may also like to immigrate to Canada. That is a terrible red-flag, and your visa application could be rejected for such as well.

3. If you or your husband are in your early to mid-30 (max 36/37) and you have work experience of over 3 years within a Canadian NOC code that is either 0,A, or B, I will strongly suggest you pursue the express entry option. N5M a year is not sufficient to support you and 3 kids in Canada. You should expect to be spending around N6-10mm a year in Canada for your annual tuition, your living costs, and that of your kids. If you are under a lot of financial stress, you will find it impossible to cope with your studies. I do not think it is worth it.

I am sorry I do not have news you wanted to here, however, I prefer you have the facts, so yo can take an informed decision on whether the international student route is satisfactory or not.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you application meets the requirements of the Act and the Regulations for the reasons explained below:
- have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study
- have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the costs of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.
- have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue
- personal assets and financial status

This is the content of my refusal during my second attempt.
Hello QwajoFest,

I hope well. Based on the refusal letter. You were on able to substantiate how you would fund your trip, tuition, and living costs while in Canada. It is important that you demonstrate ability to cater for your needs and obligations while in Canada. If you can address this, then you are likely to get a visa if you re-apply.

Let's know how it goes.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe that's enough.
Dear QwajoFest,

Based on my personal assessment of your situation, you clearly do not have the financial capability to pursue this venture of interest. I would honestly advise that you either get a sponsor who has serious capacity as Evankc as advised, or consider pursuing your undergrad studies in Ghana, work for a few years to gain experience then try apply for a research masters that will pay for your tuition and even pay you stipends for living costs.

I wish you all the best.

Cheers

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
How do I explain gap in academic history. I have not really done anything related to education since September 2018. I got my acceptance letter in February 2019. I am an undergraduate. My parents are the ones paying my school fees, do they need to write a sponsorship letter?
When I pay my school fees, do I need to have only the required living expenses of 10,000?
Thank you
Hello Moyosoree,

Thank you for visiting this thread. I presume you finished SSCE in June/July of 2018. If that is the case, then you are in a good demographic. If all things are in place you are likely to get your study permit, if it is filed properly. Please answer the following questions

1. Can you parents afford to pay N6-8mm a year for tuition and living costs?

2. Have you ever traveled out of Nigeria before on holiday to UK, Europe or the US?

3. How old are you?

Based on your answers I may be able to assess properly your chances of getting an approval.

All the best.

Omofar