+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Cancelled By CBSA

rbs200ok

May 29, 2018
I want to discuss a case with you regarding reapplying study visa. I had arrived in Winnipeg, Manitoba on a study permit in August 2018. Due to some circumstances, I was expelled from my college in December 2018. CBSA had asked me to give back my study permit. In January 2019, I was back in India. I was not detained or deported by the CBSA but they had confirmed my departure. I was neither served with any exclusion term. I still have my study visa sticker intact on my passport. I was doing a post-grad diploma in Winnipeg. I have a Bachelor of Engineering with 66.7% marks and 5 backlogs. I have an IELTS (January 2018) band-score of L-8.5, R-9, W-7 and S-8. Is it possible for me to reapply for a study visa? If yes, then how? If no, then why? Will be awaiting your valuable response to my queries.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but not sure there is any reason why you could not apply for a new permit from beginning again . You will need I assume to declare any previous applications and of course get a new offer letter, whether you get approval impossible to predict as well as any effect due to whatever you were expelled for.

Study permits get cancelled when there is non attendance as in your case

Last edited: