+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit + Bank Draft

wbaccari

Dec 19, 2018
Hi,

A family friend in Canada wants to give me financial support in order to finish my studies in Canada. He provided me with a bank draft that covers all my expenses.

I received a letter from IRCC asking me to provide a letter of explanation of the origin of the bank draft and a proof that the amount has been deposited in a bank account in my name.

I can write a letter of explanation. But, I have to be in Canada to be able to open an account and deposit the bank draft.

What should I do?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi,

A family friend in Canada wants to give me financial support in order to finish my studies in Canada. He provided me with a bank draft that covers all my expenses.

I received a letter from IRCC asking me to provide a letter of explanation of the origin of the bank draft and a proof that the amount has been deposited in a bank account in my name.

I can write a letter of explanation. But, I have to be in Canada to be able to open an account and deposit the bank draft.

What should I do?
I dont think there is anything you can do provided you cannot deposit draft into the bank account under your name. From the beginning that idea was not right for outlander

Unique_me

Apr 10, 2022
Hi,

What should I do?
What was the outcome. I wanted to use this for my husband.

Unique_me

Apr 10, 2022
Hi,

What should I do?
Also , you said the IRCC said the money had to be in an account with your name on it. It doesn't say Canadian account based on how you said it.

disha2406

Star Member
Mar 18, 2022
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
India
App. Filed.......
02-04-2022
Med's Request
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
19-04-2022
Hi,

What should I do?
Did you get a letter from your friend that he's sponsoring you? If not, that must be the problem