+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit at IRCC or VAC? Or??

Tiggeryou

Jul 25, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I hope this message finds you well and you have good news about your application.
We submitted an application for study permit and open work permit for spouse on April 27th online through IRCC website. The school recently has informed us that we have to be there in Fall or defer til next Fall 2021. We have left notes via web form numerous times and always get same response about in process.
Recently, I got a web form response back saying our application was with New York VAC. When I talked to New York VAC they say they only have records if we were asked for passport or biometrics but I am told being a US citizen don't need it.?
How do I find out about application if IRCC says New York VAC has it and they say they don't. Time us ticking here as fall semester is gettibg close. We have a family so its tskes so much planning. Any advice or insight on how to find out what's going on woukd be greatly appreciated.
Love and Light.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
If you're US citizens you don't need biometrics. It sounds like your application is being processed. If you don't get the permit in time you'll have to defer with the school.

Tiggeryou

Jul 25, 2020
Thanks for your reply. I've read that when file gets transferred it could mean an issue. Is this true? Why is New York VAC sayibg they don't have application?

intelextreme

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Thanks for your reply. I've read that when file gets transferred it could mean an issue. Is this true? Why is New York VAC sayibg they don't have application?
Order a CAIPS notes, that's the fastest and most accurate way to find out who has your file. I also applied from USA but Canada Ottawa center has my file right now.

Tiggeryou

Jul 25, 2020
IRCC, when you call, is just a call center and you don't get much. We have 12 days to hear back otherwise have to defer til Fall 2021. We have to be in-person. So are you approved and just waiting final approval? I know cone person from US that has study permit from April 6th.