+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Approved!

abcxyz2015

Feb 23, 2015
I found the information shared by other users on this forum very useful while I was preparing to apply for my study permit especially this post:

www[.]canadavisa[.]com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/general-category-document-checklist-visa-approved-t221615.0.html

Now, that my study permit has been approved I would like to help others and share how I went about submitting my application:

2000 - Class X: 56%
2002 - Class XII: 75% (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics)
2003-06 - Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA): 8.76 CGPA (Equivalent to 93.6% according to university rules)
2006-13 - Worked As Independent Application Developer
2013-present - Technical Lead at a Software Development company I co-founded

IELTS - Overall 8 band score (L 8.5, R 8.5, W 7, S 7)

Academic Programs
EAP Summer Term, 2015 University of Lethbridge
BSc (Second Degree) (Computer Science) Fall Term, 2015 University of Lethbridge

I submitted my study permit application on 13th Feb., received a call from Canadian High Commission on 16th Feb. about my visa application. They asked me a few questions about my application like why I am doing a second degree instead of master degree, why I am doing EAP, who would be sponsoring my studies, etc. I received my study permit on 20th Feb.

I applied under university category and here is the list of documents I submitted:

• Document checklist [IMM 5483] & Checklist from this link: www[.]canadainternational[.]gc[.]ca/india-inde/visas/checklist-student-university-liste-etudes-universitaire.aspx?lang=eng
  • Application for a Study Permit Made Outside of Canada [IMM 1294]
  • Family Information [IMM 5645]
  • Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257]
  • Student Questionnaire
  • Two passport photographs taken according to the specifications given on the Canadian high commission's website
  • Photocopy of passport and original passport
  • Acceptance letters given by the university
  • Upfront Medical Form
  • IELTS Test Report Form - photocopy not notarized
  • BCA Degree Certificate and provisional certificate - notarized photocopy
  • BCA all 6 semester marksheets - notarized photocopies
  • Class XII and X marksheets - notarized photocopies
  • SOP
  • Resume
  • All of my savings accounts bank statement for last 6 months
  • Last 3 years ITR and current financial year's TDS statement
  • Certificate of incorporation for my company - photocopy
  • Company's last year's ITR
  • Company's current account statement for last 6 months

Hopefully this will be of help when you submit your application.

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
himal015 said:
Can I show my father's bank balance? If yes, what are the documents I have to attach ?
If your father is helping you with funds, you should attach a notarized affidavit of support from your father. :)

himal015

Jan 30, 2015
Nepal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Floje said:
If your father is helping you with funds, you should attach a notarized affidavit of support from your father. :)
Thanks ur response

Do I need to show family relationship verified by local government like municipality , district office? Or just notarized will work?

Savvyor

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
himal015 said:
Thanks ur response

Do I need to show family relationship verified by local government like municipality , district office? Or just notarized will work?
Yes,If you are from Paksitan, NADRA issue a FRC (Family Registration certificate). I also submitted it.

himal015

Jan 30, 2015
Nepal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Savvyor said:
Yes,If you are from Paksitan, NADRA issue a FRC (Family Registration certificate). I also submitted it.
It means, i have to show family registration certificate and notarized affidavit of support! Do family cerificate also need to be notarized?

Savvyor

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
himal015 said:
It means, i have to show family registration certificate and notarized affidavit of support! Do family cerificate also need to be notarized?
No, Because you have to submit the original copy of that, Only Notarize your degrees, IELTS score, Experience letter IF ANY...
your Profile??

himal015

Jan 30, 2015
Nepal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Savvyor said:
No, Because you have to submit the original copy of that, Only Notarize your degrees, IELTS score, Experience letter IF ANY...
your Profile??
Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication 76.26% completed in 2011
No Backlogs

IELTS overall 6.5 ( L 7.5 W 6.0 S 6.0 R 6.0)

Lecturer at engineering college from Jan 2012 to present

Chances??

Savvyor

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
himal015 said:
Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication 76.26% completed in 2011
No Backlogs

IELTS overall 6.5 ( L 7.5 W 6.0 S 6.0 R 6.0)

Lecturer at engineering college from Jan 2012 to present

Chances??
Chances are very high BUT mostly it depend on how you make your visa case.
Specially try to give Strong Financial Proofs.

Savvyor

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
himal015 said:
Thanks

I am waiting university decision for offer of funding. Lets say if university gave me offer funding covering tuition fee + 10, 000 CAD anually , do I need to show financial proof of large amount money ?

My uncle is in Ontario, Canada . can he write affidavit of suppoert in behalf of me with necessary funds? Does it make objection to visa officer to issue visa due to relative tie-up?

Can you send your mobile number with country code in my inbox so we can talk at whats app?
chk your inbox :/

veritasium

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Hey guys,

I am trying to submit my study permit application. However I do not see the IMM 5483 checklist as a requirement. How do I upload it? I have it filled out but don't have a slot to upload the form T.T
Also, I do not have a slot to provide a marriage certificate, proof of change of last name, previous university degree. Should I bundle all together and upload under "Letter of Explanation"???

As for the Request for Medical Exam, should I leave it blank for the time being and wait for the officer to contact me? How do i make a request?

Please Please Please help!!!!

ragi123

Feb 11, 2015
Hello,

I've been accepted into NAIT-Network management program for sep 2015 ,
for applying study permit, do i need to do medical upfront, also
i haven't done IELTS, is it compulsory ?
pls guide

thank you

Babies0625

Feb 4, 2015
Calgary
ragi123 said:
Hello,

pls guide

thank you
Hi ragi123, congratulations you have been accepted without IELTS, so it's not compulsory unless it is written in the Acceptance Letter.
You can do upfront medical or you can also wait for advice from CIC to do so, good luck!

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

ragi123 said:
Hello,

pls guide

thank you

IELTS is 'must' under SPP and 'strongly recommended' under Generic/University categories (India).