+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit approved need guidance for dependents application

Lahore123

Oct 26, 2020
Hi, Recently my study permit has been approved for a fully funded PhD program. I applied through the IRCC page, not through GCkey. At the time of application, i added details that my spouse and kids will join me in Canada during my stay. But I was unable to understand how to upload their applications as it was not showing the study permit for minors option nor any option for SOWP. I consulted an agent and he told me that IRCC has changed its process, now once your application will be approved and stamped and then you ll be able to file your application. It was not like that when 2 years ago I applied through GC key, I am quite confused. Is he guiding me right? as I am running short of time. I have another offer from the US, I have to join that by 24th August, but my priority is Canada I need to get the family visa before that.

Can somebody please guide me about it?

Just to add I already sent my passport but it taking time.

ankit6193

Jul 2, 2023
Hi ,

I dont think there is anyway to apply for combined applications using new portal , only gckey allows that for now , I also tried but later switched to gckey

Reactions: Lahore123

Lahore123

Oct 26, 2020
Hi ,

I dont think there is anyway to apply for combined applications using new portal , only gckey allows that for now , I also tried but later switched to gckey
But the problem is from IRCC my application is already approved and am unable to connect it with gckey now. Were you able to do that?