+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Approved - Family still pending

sishumfu

Jul 3, 2022
Hi everyone! I applied on May 5th with my family, got approved on May 31st, but my kids and husband are still pending. Has it happened to you? Do you know how long it could take?
Hi there, can you please share when did your husband and kids receive their passport request letters? I am in the same situation as you were. Thanks for your reply.

sishumfu

Jul 3, 2022
The weirdest thing happened yesterday. My wife is the main applicant for the SP, I applied for a OWP. Yesterday, we both received a letter confirming the validity of our biometrics (they are valid until 2031 because of our previous application). Then, I received a passport request and in my profile, it said that my application had been approved and I needed to submit my passport to the nearest VFS. However, my wife did not receive a passport request.

I believe it should arrive shortly given that she is the main applicant and my application relies on hers being approved. Another option is that they made a mistake in sending me the passport request letter.

So weird...
hello, my husband and I experienced exactly the same thing, can you share any update about what happened next? Did your wife receive her letter as well?

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
hello, my husband and I experienced exactly the same thing, can you share any update about what happened next? Did your wife receive her letter as well?
Yes, she received hers the very next day. We both submitted our passports and they already came back stamped. You can see our timeline in my signature.

Did your letter finally arrived?

Fabbitta

May 21, 2022
Hi there, can you please share when did your husband and kids receive their passport request letters? I am in the same situation as you were. Thanks for your reply.
I'm sorry, I have just seen the message, they got their letters about a month after I got mine, but I had to send an email to the VAC in Lima. I hope you all get your letters soon. We arrived to British Columbia last Monday.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
I'm sorry, I have just seen the message, they got their letters about a month after I got mine, but I had to send an email to the VAC in Lima. I hope you all get your letters soon. We arrived to British Columbia last Monday.
Great news! How was the process at the airport with immigration? Could you share about your experience? What questions did they ask you? What documents did they request from you?

Would really appreciate your insight on this!

Fabbitta

May 21, 2022
Great news! How was the process at the airport with immigration? Could you share about your experience? What questions did they ask you? What documents did they request from you?

Would really appreciate your insight on this!
They just asked about my studies at university there but didn't ask for any papers from university, basically they asked for the letter IRCC sent when they approved the application and the passports. They asked my husband if he had a job here because of his work permit, but he just said that he was coming because of me and that he was planning to get one in the upcoming days. They didn't ask for funds or anything, but I think they asked where we were going to stay, we told them where, but again they didn't ask for any proof. We had to wait for about 5 minutes to print our permits and that was it. Good luck to you all!

Reactions: Geet7

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
They just asked about my studies at university there but didn't ask for any papers from university, basically they asked for the letter IRCC sent when they approved the application and the passports. They asked my husband if he had a job here because of his work permit, but he just said that he was coming because of me and that he was planning to get one in the upcoming days. They didn't ask for funds or anything, but I think they asked where we were going to stay, we told them where, but again they didn't ask for any proof. We had to wait for about 5 minutes to print our permits and that was it. Good luck to you all!
Thank you very much for the information! We are planning to travel in December, hopefully everything will go as smoothly as it did in your case! Thank's again!