+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Approved - Family still pending

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
I think your application is lost or not in their system yet. Can you withdraw and submit a new one?
At this point, I don't want to risk withdrawing my application. I rather wait to see if something happens with my current application.

Honestly, I just need a decision. I don't care anymore if the accept or refuse it. I just need a decision to move on.

Jjjjkjjj

Jun 22, 2022
At this point, I don't want to risk withdrawing my application. I rather wait to see if something happens with my current application.

Honestly, I just need a decision. I don't care anymore if the accept or refuse it. I just need a decision to move on.
Well your eligibility hasn’t even started yet. So I don’t even think you will receive a decision.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Well your eligibility hasn’t even started yet. So I don’t even think you will receive a decision.
The thing is, on my first application, the eligibility review started the same day I received the refusal. Back then, the processing time was 11 weeks if I'm not mistaken and I received a decision in 14 weeks so I think chances are they are just extremely delayed... or extremely lazy. Also, if we choose to withdraw the application, my wife looses the right to request her DLI for a refund in the case of a refusal.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
The weirdest thing happened yesterday. My wife is the main applicant for the SP, I applied for a OWP. Yesterday, we both received a letter confirming the validity of our biometrics (they are valid until 2031 because of our previous application). Then, I received a passport request and in my profile, it said that my application had been approved and I needed to submit my passport to the nearest VFS. However, my wife did not receive a passport request.

I believe it should arrive shortly given that she is the main applicant and my application relies on hers being approved. Another option is that they made a mistake in sending me the passport request letter.

So weird...

wezhira

Mar 14, 2017
Finally all my family received their passports stamped, it took a while, but fortunately we have them!
Hi Fabbitta, do you mind me asking for what level education program you applied for, as well as the documents you provided?

My wife will be primary applicant and we have two kids 2 & 4, currently in the UAE ( we are not from UAE) ..But unsure what documents to provide that will increase our chances of approval as well as a rough estimate of money we will need to show in bank statement specific to our family situation?

Thanks in advance

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Finally all my family received their passports stamped, it took a while, but fortunately we have them!
How long did it take to get your passports stamped? From the day you submitted them to VFS until you received them back?

Fabbitta

May 21, 2022
Hi Fabbitta, do you mind me asking for what level education program you applied for, as well as the documents you provided?

My wife will be primary applicant and we have two kids 2 & 4, currently in the UAE ( we are not from UAE) ..But unsure what documents to provide that will increase our chances of approval as well as a rough estimate of money we will need to show in bank statement specific to our family situation?

Thanks in advance
We are 4, I'm travelling with my husband and two kids (SDS), I paid the first year of university and showed over $40,000 as funds ($20,000 GIC and $20,000 bank statement), I attached bith certificates, real state property documents, and some information about our car.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
It says the date when they stamped the visa, so a month before I start classes at university.
Excuse me for my insistence but, based on your reply, I understand that the only date in your final letter was the date they stamped your visa? It didn't have a validity date for the letter? Or a date stating when was the last day you could arrive to Canada?

Fabbitta

May 21, 2022
Excuse me for my insistence but, based on your reply, I understand that the only date in your final letter was the date they stamped your visa? It didn't have a validity date for the letter? Or a date stating when was the last day you could arrive to Canada?
Only the date it was issued and the expiration date, in my case, until 2026