+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit approved, but didn’t receive in mail

heygracee

Aug 10, 2021
I have requested the 3rd reprint from CIC because my study permit never arrived. I got approval in Feb. I had to change my address so I was told I needed to wait at least 6-8 weeks to ask for a new copy. While I was waiting, I tried to contact the old landlord and current tenant buy they both said didn’t receive anything during those months.

The 2nd time they updated my address on the approval letter. It said they mailed it on May 31 but there’s nothing. I contacted them via webform multiple times but the response was slow. At the end, they said it was sent on June 1st but I didn’t receive it again. So I called them this Monday (August 9) and requested for the 3rd copy. They told me the second study permit was sent to my old address again and they will resend it. But I wonder how that possible since the address on approval letter was correct. I was very confused.

So they uploaded a new approval letter again this Tuesday, and states if I can’t receive it within 6 weeks please contact them. I don’t know how many 6 weeks I have to wait more. I really need the study permit urgently. I have been waiting for almost one year for it to arrive.
How long did it take for you guys to receive the study permit in mail? How many attempts did you guys try? If I can’t get it within 2 weeks, should I contact them again? But I feel like they will ask me to wait 6 weeks again.

Please advise. It has been really stressful.

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
I have requested the 3rd reprint from CIC because my study permit never arrived. I got approval in Feb. I had to change my address so I was told I needed to wait at least 6-8 weeks to ask for a new copy. While I was waiting, I tried to contact the old landlord and current tenant buy they both said didn’t receive anything during those months.

The 2nd time they updated my address on the approval letter. It said they mailed it on May 31 but there’s nothing. I contacted them via webform multiple times but the response was slow. At the end, they said it was sent on June 1st but I didn’t receive it again. So I called them this Monday (August 9) and requested for the 3rd copy. They told me the second study permit was sent to my old address again and they will resend it. But I wonder how that possible since the address on approval letter was correct. I was very confused.

So they uploaded a new approval letter again this Tuesday, and states if I can’t receive it within 6 weeks please contact them. I don’t know how many 6 weeks I have to wait more. I really need the study permit urgently. I have been waiting for almost one year for it to arrive.
How long did it take for you guys to receive the study permit in mail? How many attempts did you guys try? If I can’t get it within 2 weeks, should I contact them again? But I feel like they will ask me to wait 6 weeks again.

Please advise. It has been really stressful.
Why don't you just ask Canada Post to redirect your mail

heygracee

Aug 10, 2021
Why don't you just ask Canada Post to redirect your mail
I am currently living in Vancouver. For the 2nd mailing they said they would mail to my current address which shown on my approval letter, so I didn’t think they would send to wrong address again.. I have been waiting until this Monday. The. problem is that the tenants who are living at my old address said they have never received any mail from CIC.

ABMM

Star Member
May 6, 2021
You guys are so lucky. I read many posts and it seems like many people are waiting their study permit for long. Can I know where do you live?
I'm a resident of montreal.
Got approved on May 11, recieved it on the 14th or 15th I can't remember.
Edit: probably the 14th because I just checked and may 15th was a saturday.

ABMM

Star Member
May 6, 2021
Anyways I don't mean to rub it in or anything like that, I hope you get it soon.
Address changes, especially after approval, really cause a fuss because they want to make sure that they don't send it to the wrong person

lherida_87

May 24, 2014
Hi there, did you ever received your student permit? I'm on the same boat as you. I'm already in Canada when I applied for a student visa and got approved on September 17,2021. I used an old address but my landlord said they never received any letter. I also applied for a mail forwarding service from Canada Post before I moved out to make sure my mails will get forwarded to my new address but nothing came. It's over 4mos now and I missed the winter term just because I don't have the actual student permit.

I called IRCC numerous times and they keep telling me to submit a webform so they can reprint and mail it to me. I submitted a bunch of webform every month and still got nothing from IRCC. I don't know what to do from here.

akari

Jan 23, 2022
Hi there, did you ever received your student permit? I'm on the same boat as you. I'm already in Canada when I applied for a student visa and got approved on September 17,2021. I used an old address but my landlord said they never received any letter. I also applied for a mail forwarding service from Canada Post before I moved out to make sure my mails will get forwarded to my new address but nothing came. It's over 4mos now and I missed the winter term just because I don't have the actual student permit.

I called IRCC numerous times and they keep telling me to submit a webform so they can reprint and mail it to me. I submitted a bunch of webform every month and still got nothing from IRCC. I don't know what to do from here.
Me too, my application is approved on Dec 13th and I'm still waiting for the mail. I'll call the CIC tomorrow. Will this SP affect my study if I'm already a student at the university?

Reactions: Salomey

akari

Jan 23, 2022
You guys are so lucky. I read many posts and it seems like many people are waiting their study permit for long. Can I know where do you live?
Hi, may I ask how did you solve this problem? I really have no idea how to solve it... Should I contact Canada Post or CIC?