+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Approval Chance for a 43 Years Old Man.

The happy face

May 1, 2021
Hello all,

I am 43 years old who applied for a study permit, I decided after 15 years of construction to go back to school and learn the science behind construction engineering so I was able to secure an approval at Fanshawe College London Ontario, for an advanced diploma in construction engineering a 3 years program, now my application have been under review for over 65 days, recent notification from CIC states that my application is pending with one of the embassy officers for a final review...
P. S my banking account is decent with over 1 million $$ in saving , but one agency said that my rejection is very high due to my age, individuals above 40 have 80% rejection rate....
Can a kind soul in this forum give me a genuine advice on my case??

Thank you all

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hello all,

I am 43 years old who applied for a study permit, I decided after 15 years of construction to go back to school and learn the science behind construction engineering so I was able to secure an approval at Fanshawe College London Ontario, for an advanced diploma in construction engineering a 3 years program, now my application have been under review for over 65 days, recent notification from CIC states that my application is pending with one of the embassy officers for a final review...
P. S my banking account is decent with over 1 million $$ in saving , but one agency said that my rejection is very high due to my age, individuals above 40 have 80% rejection rate....

Thank you all
What is the passport you are applying with? What is your educational background?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello all,

Thank you all
Have you considered returning back home after your studies or applying through Start up Visa ( PR-Business Stream )

The happy face

May 1, 2021
Have you considered returning back home after your studies or applying through Start up Visa ( PR-Business Stream )
I have mentioned in the letter of intent that after graduation I am planning to go back to my country or find an opportunity in UAE or other countries in the Mena region...

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
You've got an engineering degree and so many years of experience - you should have have applied for a least a Masters degree in a public uni, not to a college. That might not work in your favour.

I am 44 with 17 years work exp and I got admissions for Masters degree (same specialization as my BSc and inline with my current career). I recently got my SP application approval, along with my family. Age might be a problem but if you have a solid application, you can overcome the age deficiency.

Reactions: Aesopzai

A93

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hello all,

Thank you all
Sir,
Nobody can tell you your chances, it depends on multiple factors and it's all based on the evaluation of your application by the officer. Even if there's a 80% rejection chance, still that means 2/10 people get selected. If the diploma is what you want, go for it. I applied for an undergraduate diploma after a graduate degree and 5 years of work experience and got approved. Rest as you already have applied, stay hopeful and if unfortunately a bad outcome comes, look at the GCMS notes and share them here, then everyone here can help you with it .
All the best!

The happy face

May 1, 2021
Sir,
Nobody can tell you your chances, it depends on multiple factors and it's all based on the evaluation of your application by the officer. Even if there's a 80% rejection chance, still that means 2/10 people get selected. If the diploma is what you want, go for it. I applied for an undergraduate diploma after a graduate degree and 5 years of work experience and got approved. Rest as you already have applied, stay hopeful and if unfortunately a bad outcome comes, look at the GCMS notes and share them here, then everyone here can help you with it .
All the best!
Thank you sir will share for sure..

The happy face

May 1, 2021
You've got an engineering degree and so many years of experience - you should have have applied for a least a Masters degree in a public uni, not to a college. That might not work in your favour.

I am 44 with 17 years work exp and I got admissions for Masters degree (same specialization as my BSc and inline with my current career). I recently got my SP application approval, along with my family. Age might be a problem but if you have a solid application, you can overcome the age deficiency.
Thank sir, I have applied for an MBA but they refuse me due to my age they advice me for an executive program and the Emba is very expensive, but I am always intrested in learning construction engineering and they have a great program and labb at Fanshawe..