+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit applied on February and still no news, please advise

klgirl

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Thanks for their email address. My intake is Fall, so I shall be leaving end of Aug or early Sept.
All the best to your case!
I received a response from CIC Singapore.
They mentioned that it is unusual for students to arrive in Canada more than 3 months before their studies start date as the purpose of their travel is to study, and arriving in Canada more than 3 months before their studies is questionable as studes may have issues at the port of Entry. They do not issue study permits that far in advance. They are currently foreseeing that they will start processing January semester applications in September 2017 and they will process these on a first come first served basis.

Therefore, it is better to wait.

Good luck for your application and let me know when it is approved.

Reactions: Alanna

Raghuk

May 15, 2017
They mentioned that it is unusual for students to arrive in Canada more than 3 months before their studies start date as the purpose of their travel is to study, and arriving in Canada more than 3 months before their studies is questionable as studes may have issues at the port of Entry. They do not issue study permits that far in advance. They are currently foreseeing that they will start processing January semester applications in September 2017 and they will process these on a first come first served basis.

Hi. All these answers are through email?
So Singapore office is very good at answering.

Alanna

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016

Wrote to them and was told that mine is pending final review, but be expected not be updated so soon due to current processing times. *fingers crossed* I will get mine the latest in early June.
Thanks and stay in touch!

Last edited:
Reactions: klgirl

Raghuk

May 15, 2017
Hi. Coul
Wrote to them and was told that mine is pending final review, but be expected not be updated so soon due to current processing times. *fingers crossed* I will get mine the latest in early June.
Thanks and stay in touch!
Hi could you please kindly share your timeline?
I appreciate that

Raghuk

May 15, 2017
28th March - online submission with upfront medical
26th April - passed medical and was requested for police certificate

Hope it helps
Thank you so much for your response. If they are not working on your application then they are working on who?

Alanna

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016

Hey there klgirl.
Update:
I finally received a letter from CIC asking me to submit my passport today. Actually, when I messaged them last week wishing to find out when I would get further update, they replied saying that since my study would only commence in Fall, they had put my application on hold and would review it again in mid-June. So it came as a pleasant surprise when I finally got my letter today.
All the best to your application.

Reactions: MYBAI

zeshan.huq

Apr 5, 2017
Visa Office......
Dhaka
App. Filed.......
23-03-2017
Doc's Request.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
23-03-2017
Med's Request
24-04-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Passport Req..
06-0602017
Hey there klgirl.
Update:
I finally received a letter from CIC asking me to submit my passport today. Actually, when I messaged them last week wishing to find out when I would get further update, they replied saying that since my study would only commence in Fall, they had put my application on hold and would review it again in mid-June. So it came as a pleasant surprise when I finally got my letter today.
Thanks for the update my application went from Bangladesh to singapore for processing and I mailed them asking why is it talking so long on the 24th of May, they replied on the 25th stating it is pending final review. When does your class start? I hope to get a passport request by this week hopefully.

Raghuk

May 15, 2017
Hey there klgirl.
Update:
Congrats Alanaa. Hope best for you.

Alanna

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Thanks for the update my application went from Bangladesh to singapore for processing and I mailed them asking why is it talking so long on the 24th of May, they replied on the 25th stating it is pending final review. When does your class start? I hope to get a passport request by this week hopefully.
Don't worry. You will hear from them soon. Mine is processed by Singapore visa office either.