+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Application

Bbecks

Jan 10, 2019
Hi,

I have run into a complicated scenario. I am working on H1B in California. My wife is on H4 and had plans to go for higher education in Canada. Vancouver being the obvious location as it closer.

Last year we missed the deadlines for sept 2018 intake. However, she got for May 2019 intake. Now the problem is my visa is under extension. I am not sure How badly this going to impact when we apply for a study permit. Though I have all the necessary documentations. Am afraid since the express processing is not available currently and the visa filing needs to be done before feb 28.

Livemydream

Jul 7, 2020
Hi,

Just came across your post. Hopefully, it worked out for you guys. I'm now in a similar situation on H1B recently got extended till 2023 with a valid Study Permit obtained in November 2020 for a university in BC. Due to covid, I'm doing remote learning into my second semester and I cannot do more than 50% of my education remotely. I have to travel to Vancouver in March/April. Not sure how I will be able to do back n forth US to Canada. Have you guys travelled and would you please share your experience? Thanks in advance!

Greatnessuzo

Jan 29, 2021
I need help with my study visa application refusal.
I received my GCMS notes today.

Not satisfied that the requiring person has sufficient funds for a possible stay in Canada.
She dépends on various members of her family and surrounding to be able to live and study in Canada.
On the basis of all documents submitted, especially whose related to financial funds and purpose of travelling she mentonned family links, I am not convinced that the requirer will leave Canada once she finishes her studies. I am not satisfied of the intention behind this request.
Based on the submitted documents, I don't think that the requirer meets criterias of the R179.
Refused

the study plan on file is not consistent

Taking into account the academic and professional background of the subject, I am not satisfied that the applicant's intention is only to study in Canada. I have doubts that the subject is an intended immigrant.

Also the lady that did my biometrics wrote that I was pregnant

I need comments on how to go about re-application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I need help with my study visa application refusal.
I received my GCMS notes today.

Not satisfied that the requiring person has sufficient funds for a possible stay in Canada.
She dépends on various members of her family and surrounding to be able to live and study in Canada.
On the basis of all documents submitted, especially whose related to financial funds and purpose of travelling she mentonned family links, I am not convinced that the requirer will leave Canada once she finishes her studies. I am not satisfied of the intention behind this request.
Based on the submitted documents, I don't think that the requirer meets criterias of the R179.
Refused

the study plan on file is not consistent

Taking into account the academic and professional background of the subject, I am not satisfied that the applicant's intention is only to study in Canada. I have doubts that the subject is an intended immigrant.

Also the lady that did my biometrics wrote that I was pregnant

I need comments on how to go about re-application.
You have a lot to overcome. Are you pregnant? what funds did you show? Do you have family in canada? What is your program and past education/work experience?