+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit Application status query

saketthavanani

Dec 22, 2018
Hi this is saket from india. I applied for study permit visa via online process on 12th of november . Its been more than 6 weeks and i have not got any updates till now. According to the normal processing time that is 5 weeks my visa should have come. I got two mails saying that your application is in progress . I have my classes starting in 1st week of Jan in university of Toronto. I also submitted a ircc web form but didnt get any response yet. Kindl help me with this what can be done regarding this?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi this is saket from india. I applied for study permit visa via online process on 12th of november . Its been more than 6 weeks and i have not got any updates till now. According to the normal processing time that is 5 weeks my visa should have come. I got two mails saying that your application is in progress . I have my classes starting in 1st week of Jan in university of Toronto. I also submitted a ircc web form but didnt get any response yet. Kindl help me with this what can be done regarding this?
You went through regular processing seeing as you are going to a university. This means that you are under their service Garuntee period of 60 days which is 2 months. The 5 weeks posted is the Average time you can expect. You can send a CIC web form but they will say that it is in process.

What you can do is to defer your admission. If your college is a reputable one then this will not be a major issue. This happens to a lot of people and isn't a problem. Contact your University and see what they are telling.