+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit application refused on the basis of lack of authentic documents

Wailmoe2k23

Dec 25, 2023
I received a refusal letter from IRCC with the only reason being “You have submitted documentation that lacks authenticity as part of your application.
This hasdiminished the overall credibility of your submission”, all of my documents are authentic, does anyone has a clue on why this happened?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I received a refusal letter from IRCC with the only reason being “You have submitted documentation that lacks authenticity as part of your application.
This hasdiminished the overall credibility of your submission”, all of my documents are authentic, does anyone has a clue on why this happened?
What documents were not genuine? Are you from Africa? If so most likely banking documents. Did you get a PFL that states a 5 year ban.

Wailmoe2k23

Dec 25, 2023
What documents were not genuine? Are you from Africa? If so most likely banking documents. Did you get a PFL that states a 5 year ban.
All the documents I submitted were genuine, yes i am from an African country, i did submit my african bank statements as well as my UAE bank statements, but the larger sum of my bank account is from UAE.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
All the documents I submitted were genuine, yes i am from an African country, i did submit my african bank statements as well as my UAE bank statements, but the larger sum of my bank account is from UAE.
Most likely African bank. Just because the bank says the documents are genuine doesn’t mean they are. IRCC knows which banks (many are not government regulated) issue fake documents. Did you get a PFL stating a ban? You may want to move that money to an international bank. Are you single? How much in funds do you show? What school? Are you taking a Masters or PhD? If not you now need a letter of attestation from the province so get that first.

Wailmoe2k23

Dec 25, 2023
Most likely African bank. Just because the bank says the documents are genuine doesn’t mean they are. IRCC knows which banks (many are not government regulated) issue fake documents. Did you get a PFL stating a ban? You may want to move that money to an international bank. Are you single? How much in funds do you show? What school? Are you taking a Masters or PhD? If not you now need a letter of attestation from the province so get that first.
I showed bank statements from two different banks, one from an African Bank based in my home country, the other one for an International UAE bank as i am residing in the UAE, and no i did not receive any PFL and my refusal says i could apply again.,
Yes i am 25 and single, 95% of my total savings are already in my UAE bank based here in Dubai, i am showing 400k CAD in savings with no large sum lumps, my acceptance letter is from windsor university, i shall be pursuing a master of engineering there.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I showed bank statements from two different banks, one from an African Bank based in my home country, the other one for an International UAE bank as i am residing in the UAE, and no i did not receive any PFL and my refusal says i could apply again.,
Yes i am 25 and single, 95% of my total savings are already in my UAE bank based here in Dubai, i am showing 400k CAD in savings with no large sum lumps, my acceptance letter is from windsor university, i shall be pursuing a master of engineering there.
Order GCMS notes so you know which documents are not genuine. Then reapply without African bank statements. If you must then you will want certified statements of authenticity from the bank as well as updated bank statements. You will want proof that bank is regulated under country’s banking laws. Most people get PFL so you are lucky and probably because most funds are in UAE international bank.

Wailmoe2k23

Dec 25, 2023
Order GCMS notes so you know which documents are not genuine. Then reapply without African bank statements. If you must then you will want certified statements of authenticity from the bank as well as updated bank statements. You will want proof that bank is regulated under country’s banking laws. Most people get PFL so you are lucky and probably because most funds are in UAE international bank.
Thank you very much for that helpful insight, i already ordered the GCMS notes and am waiting for them to be sent, in case it states that the issue is from my African bank statements i shall reapply without them as the larger amount is already in my UAE bank, it’s not worth the hassle to fly back home just to get certified bank statements, as soon as i get my GCMS notes i shall update this thread to confirm your guess and also to help anyone in need with this valuable piece of information.

Ross88

Star Member
May 27, 2023
You have $400,000 in a Dubai bank and you still submitted a dodgy bank statement from back home?

Wailmoe2k23

Dec 25, 2023
You have $400,000 in a Dubai bank and you still submitted a dodgy bank statement from back home?
I hired an immigration law firm in Canada to help prepare my study permit application and they were the ones that suggested i do this, honestly looking back now i truly regret hiring them, i wish if i invested time preparing it myself and researching what documents i should have submitted instead, anyways it was an expensive lesson but i shall learn from it. I’d wait for the GCMS notes to confirm the suspected documents and apply again myself after thorough research.

Ross88

Star Member
May 27, 2023
I hired an immigration law firm in Canada to help prepare my study permit application and they were the ones that suggested i do this, honestly looking back now i truly regret hiring them, i wish if i invested time preparing it myself and researching what documents i should have submitted instead, anyways it was an expensive lesson but i shall learn from it. I’d wait for the GCMS notes to confirm the suspected documents and apply again myself after thorough research.
Wow, you mean an actual law firm not a consultant? That's really unfortunate. Either way, good luck!