+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit application - London VO

Teal1985

Feb 18, 2019
Hi all,

I will be applying for a study permit within the next few weeks and wanted to know what other people's experiences have been like applying through the London office.

I am British and have always lived in the UK, my husband will be applying for SOWP alongside my application. Before I applied to study, I looked at a lot of general guidance online and found that advice typically stated that you need to allow 2-3 months for study permit processing. I checked the processing times this week and it says 18 weeks! That's insane.

Has anyone currently got an open application awaiting processing? Would you recommend online application or application through vac?

Any advice would be great! Starting to worry I won't bave a permit in time for classes in August!

Teal1985

Feb 18, 2019
Online is the fastest and most secure. You have plenty of time if you submit your application now! :) Good luck.
Thanks very much. I won't be able to submit an application until mid March as I'm waiting for the funds from my house sale. But I saw the 18 weeks processing time and started to panic!

Teal1985

Feb 18, 2019
You are very welcome! The processing time is an average and does not say that every application takes 18 weeks to process. If you draft your application carefully and submit an application complete to the requirements, it will be processed faster.
Thanks for the reassurance! That's good to hear. Fingers crossed!

I am planning on transferring the funds across to a Canadian bank account in my name as proof of funds. Then submit a statement showing that balance. You wouldn't happen to know if that would satisfy criteria?