+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Application in Saudi Arabia for January 2020

Waa0144306

Oct 21, 2019
I am from Jordan, where no medical is needed and the normal processing time is 4 weeks. Please note that all middle east applications are processed through Ankara embassy.

- Application submitted on September 16th.
- Biometric request on September 17th.
- Biometric completed on September 18th.
- Background check started on September 19th and still in progress.
- Review of Eligibility started on September 25th and still in reviewing.
- Additional document request on September 26th, they asked me to replace my proof of financial means, as I have been awarded a fully funded scholarship I have uploaded my offer of admission as my university advised me. I uploaded the same document but with highlighting the sections related to the fund, and writing a letter of explanation. Uploaded on September 27th, review started on 30th of September and still undergoing.
- Correspondence letter for Biometric received on October 16th.

Now I have been waiting for more than 5 weeks since the beginning of my processing.

Please tell me your thoughts about my timeline, also share yours.

Thanks all, hope you all the best.

Damsss

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
I am from Jordan, where no medical is needed and the normal processing time is 4 weeks. Please note that all middle east applications are processed through Ankara embassy.

- Application submitted on September 16th.
- Biometric request on September 17th.
- Biometric completed on September 18th.
- Background check started on September 19th and still in progress.
- Review of Eligibility started on September 25th and still in reviewing.
- Additional document request on September 26th, they asked me to replace my proof of financial means, as I have been awarded a fully funded scholarship I have uploaded my offer of admission as my university advised me. I uploaded the same document but with highlighting the sections related to the fund, and writing a letter of explanation. Uploaded on September 27th, review started on 30th of September and still undergoing.
- Correspondence letter for Biometric received on October 16th.

Now I have been waiting for more than 5 weeks since the beginning of my processing.

Please tell me your thoughts about my timeline, also share yours.

Thanks all, hope you all the best.
I don't know about the Ankara Embassy because mine said 'processed in Riyadh'. I have been waiting for 5 weeks already and normal processing time said 6 weeks. I didn't submit a medical since it isn't compulsory in Saudi.

Kinred11

Oct 23, 2019
guys do you recommend paper application through vfs or online. i am applying from dammam
I can’t really say much... which one is better because I applied on a paper application. And I found that at first I was having a hard time linking my GC Key account until I successfully did it after 10x. And during those time I was contemplating I should have applied online since I can view my application status right away. However Im knit picky to details I like to ask question so I decided to go to VSF Global and ask the people there. But my friend who is a Filipino, opted online application. She’s in canada now , she applied on the month of July and got her study permit on September 7.

nabilrana7

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
I applied through Khobar VFS office and it went smoothly. I could say nothing about online application since I have never tried one.
ahan but u r still waiting for the study permit. my only problem with paper application is that i will have to submit passport in starting at time of application submission. i am travelling next month for a short holiday. but the advantage by going through vfs is you can followup easily compare to online. thanks for info though apprecaite it.

nabilrana7

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
I can’t really say much... which one is better because I applied on a paper application. And I found that at first I was having a hard time linking my GC Key account until I successfully did it after 10x. And during those time I was contemplating I should have applied online since I can view my application status right away. However Im knit picky to details I like to ask question so I decided to go to VSF Global and ask the people there. But my friend who is a Filipino, opted online application. She’s in canada now , she applied on the month of July and got her study permit on September 7.
ohh okayy thank you for sharing this. appreciate it

Damsss

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
ahan but u r still waiting for the study permit. my only problem with paper application is that i will have to submit passport in starting at time of application submission. i am travelling next month for a short holiday. but the advantage by going through vfs is you can followup easily compare to online. thanks for info though apprecaite it.
I am much at ease with paper application, but do whatever makes you feel comfortable.

Reactions: nabilrana7

Damsss

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
No update either.
But did you send an inquiry on the webform? I noticed they reply right away.
Yes I have done that before and they replied within a few hours. Their website is updated and processing time is now 8weeks. Oh no.

Kinred11

Oct 23, 2019
Yes I have done that before and they replied within a few hours. Their website is updated and processing time is now 8weeks. Oh no.
Oh! My! Im in big trouble...so I should change my itinerary for my travel to other country since they have my passport. ‍♀