+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Application from USA

hossain2

May 9, 2018
Hi I have recently joined this group. I am currently an international student in USA. I have applied for study permit from USA on May 7. 2 days ago, one of my friends study permit application got denied on the ground that he'd not leave Canada after studying, and it has frightened me. After researching this forum and others, I have only found negative results (similar as my friend's) for other US international applicants too. IS it a fact then, applying for study permit from USA as an international student will get denied (on the same ground as my friend's) even though the application is purely genuine and complete. Is there anyone in the group who have successfully got the study permit from USA as an international student? Please respond. Thanks

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi I have recently joined this group. I am currently an international student in USA. I have applied for study permit from USA on May 7. 2 days ago, one of my friends study permit application got denied on the ground that he'd not leave Canada after studying, and it has frightened me. After researching this forum and others, I have only found negative results (similar as my friend's) for other US international applicants too. IS it a fact then, applying for study permit from USA as an international student will get denied (on the same ground as my friend's) even though the application is purely genuine and complete. Is there anyone in the group who have successfully got the study permit from USA as an international student? Please respond. Thanks

Nope , it's false .
It depends on your application , nationality , how genuine your application is .
Maybe irrelevant studies , not enough funds .

If you can share the profile of your friend who was rejected , maybe people here can give a better answer .
What's your profile , previous studies , course applied ?

hossain2

May 9, 2018
Hi captainarabia,

I came to US in 2012 for my MS study from Bangladesh on F1 visa. After my study in 2014, I worked in USA for 3 years. I also hold h1b visa. I have started my PhD this year at a US university (so now I am back to F1 visa) but at the same time I was waiting for PhD opportunity in Canada's well reputed university for this Fall. However I have got the opportunity in my desired university, and am fully funded. My program is Civil Engineering. Now 2 things worry me:
1. I didn't submit any bank statement since I don't have much money in my account. I have submitted the scholarship letter (the amount is around $40000 and which is more than the required per Canadian immigration) from the school as a proof of financial support. Also I submitted my recent paychecks
2. I didn't submit any document to show tie to my country as it was not in the list of documents required by the Los Angeles embassy. I wrote letter of explanation(study plan) where I mentioned I will get back to my country after PhD, and that I need to take care of my parents as they are becoming old. However from my travel history they can know that I have been to my country couple of times in last 5 years. I don't know if this'd suffice.

Anna828

Feb 21, 2018
Hi Anna when did u apply? what is your level of study?
I sent everything on May 1. But as mentioned in the other thread, my case is different because I am also applying for a TRP, which takes much longer. I got my bachelor's in the US, and I now would like to get my master's in Canada.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Same situation and same worries :( I only found cases where the visa got denied..
NOT all come and post if they got approval , fact is people get so happy that they forget to share their experiences .

That in no way means that all applications from the States are rejected .
Be positive :)

Reactions: hossain2

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi captainarabia,

I came to US in 2012 for my MS study from Bangladesh on F1 visa. After my study in 2014, I worked in USA for 3 years. I also hold h1b visa. I have started my PhD this year at a US university (so now I am back to F1 visa) but at the same time I was waiting for PhD opportunity in Canada's well reputed university for this Fall. However I have got the opportunity in my desired university, and am fully funded. My program is Civil Engineering. Now 2 things worry me:
1. I didn't submit any bank statement since I don't have much money in my account. I have submitted the scholarship letter (the amount is around $40000 and which is more than the required per Canadian immigration) from the school as a proof of financial support. Also I submitted my recent paychecks
2. I didn't submit any document to show tie to my country as it was not in the list of documents required by the Los Angeles embassy. I wrote letter of explanation(study plan) where I mentioned I will get back to my country after PhD, and that I need to take care of my parents as they are becoming old. However from my travel history they can know that I have been to my country couple of times in last 5 years. I don't know if this'd suffice.

Well ,

1. You should've submitted funds of atleast 10,000 CAD , as that's needed for your living expenses . Does the letter from the university mention that you will be covered with ( Tuition Fees & Living Expenses ) ?

If yes , then you are on the safe side . But if no then you should've submitted some kind of savings that you have for your day to day expenses in Canada .

2. It's advisable always to show documents that prove your ties , even if not asked .
I did the same , submitted my company documents and property etc to strengthen my application .

Now that you already submitted , let's hope and pray your application gets approved .

Be positive , if you get rejected , correct where you went wrong and re-apply .
People who were rejected once , twice , thrice got it in the next attempt .

hossain2

May 9, 2018
Yes I realized it after I submitted the documents and specially after researching this forum. When I apply for US visa it is super easy. You get your interview date and know your decision on that day. Also generally speaking, if you are a graduate student and fully funded then the visa officer doesn't even ask for bank statement, property etc. At least they never asked me. I thought Canada would be same, but seems like its opposite. They need more documents more time.

hossain2

May 9, 2018
NOT all come and post if they got approval , fact is people get so happy that they forget to share their experiences .

That in no way means that all applications from the States are rejected .
Be positive :)
Yes I completely agree. People post on forums when they are in a problem and the numbers are very few

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Yes I realized it after I submitted the documents and specially after researching this forum. When I apply for US visa it is super easy. You get your interview date and know your decision on that day. Also generally speaking, if you are a graduate student and fully funded then the visa officer doesn't even ask for bank statement, property etc. At least they never asked me. I thought Canada would be same, but seems like its opposite. They need more documents more time.
Canada is different .
Anyways , since now you have submitted your application , I suggest you wait .
And hopefully you will get approved , if not , don't give up and re-apply again with correct documents , that way you won't be rejected .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Canada is different because a student permit is essentially a path to immigration.

Reactions: AstronomyNut

Dee54.

Mar 21, 2018
Hey did you hear back from them yet or gotten any update?

Reactions: Anna828