+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit application date

serdararazik

Jun 15, 2021
Good day. I applied for study permit online from South Africa on 15 May 2021 alongside with my medical report. I submitted my Biometrics on 17 May and in the system it shows my medical report and biometrics completed on 17 May. And in the main page it shows that my application is submitted on 15 May. My question is am I still eligible for "those who applied by 15 May, can get response before 6 August" statement or am I late? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Last edited:

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Good day. I applied for study permit online from South Africa on 15 May 2021 alongside with my medical report. I submitted my Biometrics on 17 May and in the system it shows my medical report and biometrics completed on 17 May. And in the main page it shows that my application is submitted on 15 May. My question is am I still eligible for "those who applied by 15 May, can get response before 6 August" statement or am I late? Thanks in advance for your comments.
I think you should be fine. I am also from SA my application and that of my family was assessed and decided in 4 weeks (back in March). I believe that you will surely get your decision by July latest. The Pretoria Office is somewhat quick. Did you apply alone or with family?

serdararazik

Jun 15, 2021
I think you should be fine. I am also from SA my application and that of my family was assessed and decided in 4 weeks (back in March). I believe that you will surely get your decision by July latest. The Pretoria Office is somewhat quick. Did you apply alone or with family?
Oh that's wonderful! I applied for study permit alone. Did you also apply for Study Permit? And did it take 4 weeks for Pretoria office to reply? Did they ask for any extra documents or set an interview?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Oh that's wonderful! I applied for study permit alone. Did you also apply for Study Permit? And did it take 4 weeks for Pretoria office to reply? Did they ask for any extra documents or set an interview?
Yes I applied for Study permit for myself and also for my kids. I submitted my application on 2nd Feb, Biometrics on 8th Feb and medical was done upfront. Medicals was updated on 26th Feb. I received additional document request for Police clearance on the 16th of March. Although it took me another month to submit the PCC, my GCMS note shows that my application was already approved and counterfoil visa issued on 13th of March. There was no interview whatsoever.

Reactions: serdararazik

CMog

Star Member
Nov 10, 2020
Hie,Please let me know how it goes,i applied on the 30th April from Botswana,already gave my biometrics in 2020,review started on the 1st May by the 25th May they requested medical and clearance certificate.Did them on the 28 May.My physician sent the medical report on the 31st May and it appeared as passed in my GCKey acc on the 1st June,waiting to hear from them.

serdararazik

Jun 15, 2021
Yes I applied for Study permit for myself and also for my kids. I submitted my application on 2nd Feb, Biometrics on 8th Feb and medical was done upfront. Medicals was updated on 26th Feb. I received additional document request for Police clearance on the 16th of March. Although it took me another month to submit the PCC, my GCMS note shows that my application was already approved and counterfoil visa issued on 13th of March. There was no interview whatsoever.
Thank you so much for your feedback, I really appreciate it. I will update if I get new notification on my application. I hope they will approve it. Thanks again and all the best!

Reactions: wonderbly

serdararazik

Jun 15, 2021
Hie,Please let me know how it goes,i applied on the 30th April from Botswana,already gave my biometrics in 2020,review started on the 1st May by the 25th May they requested medical and clearance certificate.Did them on the 28 May.My physician sent the medical report on the 31st May and it appeared as passed in my GCKey acc on the 1st June,waiting to hear from them.
Hi, I applied on 15th May and still waiting for their review. My biometrics and medical completed in the system. But I haven't requested for the police clearance yet. I will update you if I get any notification soon.

Reactions: CMog

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
S
So now ur studying in Canada?

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
I asked the same question. I applied on 15th may but submitted medical and biometrics later after 2 weeks. So my application will be considered complete on 15th may or not? Bcoz on CIC website they say complete application includes biometrics and medical.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I asked the same question. I applied on 15th may but submitted medical and biometrics later after 2 weeks. So my application will be considered complete on 15th may or not? Bcoz on CIC website they say complete application includes biometrics and medical.
I don't know where you applied from so I can't comment. I only know that the South Africa VAC processes SP applications somewhat fast.

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
I don't know where you applied from so I can't comment. I only know that the South Africa VAC processes SP applications somewhat fast.
Ok good for u guys..
I applied from Pakistan.
I am a mature student that's y stuck in half way if my application ll be approved or not bcoz of my age.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Pretoria processes application fast. You should get final determination 4-5 weeks if your file is complete