+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Application - Background Question

Edi.Light

Apr 18, 2016
Hi guys,

My name is Elisabeth and I'm from Germany.
I got into University of Toronto for a PhD program, it starts in September.
I wanna submit my Study Permit Application in the next couple of weeks. (Since the processing time is about 3 weeks I hope that's still enough time)
There's just one thing I'm not sure about concerning the question "Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?"
In 2011 I applied for a Tourist Visa for the US. It got denied, because my travel plans did not satisfy the officer. I was planning on doing unpaid Volunteer Work ("Work Away"). I answered yes and put the explanation in the box. Now I'm afraid that my permit may get refused.
Does anyone have any experiences answering this question with a "Yes"? How are the chances?

Thanks in advance!

manuelbarmby

May 2, 2014
Hi Lizzy,

better to be sincere in answering the questions than not coming out straight cos eventually they will find out with their background checks.
Responding back with yes couple with explanation is your best bet. Believe you me, it will never affect your chances.

br

Edi.Light

Apr 18, 2016
Hey!

Thanks for your reply!...I will definitely answer with yes. I was just afraid that I could get refused and was wondering if anybody had to answer this question with a yes and still had no problems with getting a quick approval.

ssai0060

Oct 31, 2015
hey i got the admit for lambton college and heard that pgwp is not given to private colleges so i want to confirm weather it is public or private i search in google but i couldn't get the info please let me know the info.

thanks in advance.

funmilolatemi

Apr 5, 2016
Lizzy,

You have no choice than to say yes with explanation. I was refused visa to UK in 2014 base on insufficient documents I reapplied with the documents and I got the visa. When filling form for canada I still add it that visa refused with reason. If you say YES or No they will still find out from your passport and you can imagine what the result will be!. Thats even an enough reason to refuse you so please state everything clearly and hope for the best

Funmi

Farko

Jan 26, 2016
Lizzy if u lie, it will be considered as inadmissible, and the offence is Ban, Refusal is better than Ban
Pls be careful they will know all they want u to do is to Lie