+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit applicants fall 2021 intake, from europe (switzerland, etc.)???

big fungus

Aug 2, 2021
Hi everyone. I applied on the 17th of may, biometrics done on 22nd of july as I had to travel to another country. No updates so far (web forms submitted) Applied online on the IRCC website from Switzerland. Anyone in the same situation? Someone knows the approximate processing time from europe / switzerland (as the numbers on the website are not accurate). Share your timelines! :) thanks, cheers

kangel96

Aug 11, 2021
Hi, I'm in a similar situation:

German PhD student living in Germany, but born in Colombia.
Applied: July 22nd (LoA arrived extremly late)
BIL received: July 23rd
Biometrics done: July 26
Biometrics shown as complete on the website: July 27
No updates since then.

I submitted some webforms the after giving my biometrics cause I'd forgotten to attach one document to my application, but have received no answer to that either.
I was only told that my application is being processed in Canada.

Unfortunately, I don't know about processing times either - we can just wait. Hope we can still make it in time!

Nwamaka

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa.
App. Filed.......
May 12
Hi everyone. I applied on the 17th of may, biometrics done on 22nd of july as I had to travel to another country. No updates so far (web forms submitted) Applied online on the IRCC website from Switzerland. Anyone in the same situation? Someone knows the approximate processing time from europe / switzerland (as the numbers on the website are not accurate). Share your timelines! :) thanks, cheers
Your application gets serious attention only when biometric is given

big fungus

Aug 2, 2021
Hi, I'm in a similar situation:

German PhD student living in Germany, but born in Colombia.
Applied: July 22nd (LoA arrived extremly late)
BIL received: July 23rd
Biometrics done: July 26
Biometrics shown as complete on the website: July 27
No updates since then.

I submitted some webforms the after giving my biometrics cause I'd forgotten to attach one document to my application, but have received no answer to that either.
I was only told that my application is being processed in Canada.

Unfortunately, I don't know about processing times either - we can just wait. Hope we can still make it in time!
Hi! Yeah, seems like the same situation. I was hoping and thinking that things are processed faster from germany / switzerland but apparently there's no difference. The guy in the FSV Global office in Berlin told me, he thinks it will take 2-3 weeks for me to get it approved (since they hired more staff again), which is, obviously, not the case at all. Dude gave me some hope but nah haha. Whatever, lets see... good "luck"!

parisi

Aug 3, 2021
I am almost in the boat: I applied mid-may but may file is complete since July 26 when I submitted the last document. My file is also processed in Canada. Based on the processing time mentioned on the IRCC website it takes 36 days as for now once the file is complete. We might expect to get some news in September.

big fungus

Aug 2, 2021
I am almost in the boat: I applied mid-may but may file is complete since July 26 when I submitted the last document. My file is also processed in Canada. Based on the processing time mentioned on the IRCC website it takes 36 days as for now once the file is complete. We might expect to get some news in September.
36 days, really? the only info i always found was 1-4 weeks ago processing time 8 weeks for a complete file (and now it is 9 weeks). Could you guide me to that information please? cheers

kangel96

Aug 11, 2021
Hi! Yeah, seems like the same situation. I was hoping and thinking that things are processed faster from germany / switzerland but apparently there's no difference. The guy in the FSV Global office in Berlin told me, he thinks it will take 2-3 weeks for me to get it approved (since they hired more staff again), which is, obviously, not the case at all. Dude gave me some hope but nah haha. Whatever, lets see... good "luck"!
Yes, I was hoping for the same, but apparently they’re just throwing it all together by now. Good luck to you too!