+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit amendment

Sebin Solomon

Oct 3, 2020
I don't remember when they announced not processing paper applications but could be theirs got processed before they stopped and you gut unlucky, maybe ask directly next time if they are still processing those.
Thats the problem, they never respond properly to your grievance, you are lucky even u get an agent on call, tried webforms and all they could do is copy+paste what the ircc guidelines says on their site and sent it to me via email. Withlut a study permit, i cant find jobs anywhere and in this pandemic, its just crazy

shashankkuber

Oct 10, 2020
Hello all.
I had a condition on my study permit stating that I'm not eligible to work off-campus jobs. I send my study permit for amendment and the time period they usually take is 1 month. Even after 1 month, I did not receive any confirmation that my documents have been received. Tried calling them and sent multiple web forms and after 2 months, I got in touch with a call agent and she said my document is still not opened and should wait further. Now it's been more than 3 months and I have no idea what to do, its difficult to get a hold of their call agents, I don't know whether my documents are lost and without my study permit, I can't find jobs anywhere.
Does someone have any idea about this? Would be helpful
Can you please tell me how you contacted them ? I am in the same situation

shashankkuber

Oct 10, 2020
Call them on their number, its on their website. Follow the codes and if your lucky, you'll be hooked up with an agent. It takes nearly 40 mins for an agent to pick up your call.
Can you please provide me the link or contact number on which you contacted ? I am trying to find but there are too many numbers and not getting response on any.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Can you please provide me the link or contact number on which you contacted ? I am trying to find but there are too many numbers and not getting response on any.
I guess it is self-explainatory, but you should call from a Canadian number

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
Hey everyone,
I landed on 7th of March. As soon as I left the airport I found out that the immigration officer did not print the paragraph stating that I "can accept employment on or off campus" on my study permit. I contacted IRCC and they said this was a mistake and I needed to return the document for amendment. I sent the study permit to Ottawa for amendment. After one and half months I received the new one. But it was too late and I missed university enrollment day and now I have to defer to September. There is a situation where my university might not accept the said deferral request.

1. As this was IRCC's mistake and not mine, how many days after 7th of March will I become out of status? Today is April 19th, how many days do I have left?

2. I might have to change my university to a college to avoid being out of status. Can I change my university undergraduate degree course to a one-year diploma college course? (the college has DLI)

3. What other strategies to you know for my situation so that I can prevent becoming out of status?
Not to blame you, but it is your mistake equally. The instructions clearly state us to check if everything is as it should be. And had you check it in the airport itself, you wouldn't have gone through a tough time

parth3p

Oct 19, 2020
Hi, just wanted to know if you received your permit with the amendments?
I also stuck with same situation since September 23rd regarding the amendment study permit. I don't get any replies and confirmation from IRCC.
Did you guys receive a new study permit yet?
I don't know what's happening with me at all.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I also stuck with same situation since September 23rd regarding the amendment study permit. I don't get any replies and confirmation from IRCC.
Did you guys receive a new study permit yet?
I don't know what's happening with me at all.
How did you send it ?

When I sent mine in 2019, I used xpresspost which was trackable.

parth3p

Oct 19, 2020
After you send it, they take a month, now with covid maybe longer.
hopefully, I will get a new study permit soon. let's see
also, They are not providing the right information as I got web forms answers. It says that your application is not in the system yet.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
hopefully, I will get a new study permit soon. let's see
also, They are not providing the right information as I got web forms answers. It says that your application is not in the system yet.
Remember, it's a paper application so you can expect delays.
Don't worry, usually it's put into the system the day it's approved.