+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit amendment

Richii

Apr 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
WP
How did u get SIN? Because i also didn’t having this condition on my sp. and the employee at service canada told me that u cannot get SIN because you don’t have that condition on ur sp.

vignesshh

Aug 6, 2019
yes. weird right? I've gotten my biometrics last year but i received a confirmation email about my biometrics, stating that it's still valid for 10 more years. i guess they just checked and confirmed.
I got a similar email regarding biometrics validity. How long did it take for you to get your amended work permit after receiving the biometrics email.

Hil

Mar 5, 2020
I got a similar email regarding biometrics validity. How long did it take for you to get your amended work permit after receiving the biometrics email.
I've gotten my biometrics email yesterday as well. Did you get your documents, and how long was it?

vignesshh

Aug 6, 2019
I've gotten my biometrics email yesterday as well. Did you get your documents, and how long was it?
No I did not get my document yet. I got the biometrics email on August 4th and on August 8 I got a mail which read

"Dear XXXX,

Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure document has been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. If you have not received your secure document within six weeks, contact IRCC."

Hil

Mar 5, 2020
No I did not get my document yet. I got the biometrics email on August 4th and on August 8 I got a mail which read

"Dear XXXX,

Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure document has been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. If you have not received your secure document within six weeks, contact IRCC."
thanks.

I guess, they have sent it on August 8, so you will get your documents this week.

Sebin Solomon

Oct 3, 2020
Hello all.
I had a condition on my study permit stating that I'm not eligible to work off-campus jobs. I send my study permit for amendment and the time period they usually take is 1 month. Even after 1 month, I did not receive any confirmation that my documents have been received. Tried calling them and sent multiple web forms and after 2 months, I got in touch with a call agent and she said my document is still not opened and should wait further. Now it's been more than 3 months and I have no idea what to do, its difficult to get a hold of their call agents, I don't know whether my documents are lost and without my study permit, I can't find jobs anywhere.
Does someone have any idea about this? Would be helpful

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
Hello all.
I had a condition on my study permit stating that I'm not eligible to work off-campus jobs. I send my study permit for amendment and the time period they usually take is 1 month. Even after 1 month, I did not receive any confirmation that my documents have been received. Tried calling them and sent multiple web forms and after 2 months, I got in touch with a call agent and she said my document is still not opened and should wait further. Now it's been more than 3 months and I have no idea what to do, its difficult to get a hold of their call agents, I don't know whether my documents are lost and without my study permit, I can't find jobs anywhere.
Are you part-time student? If so, you cannot work while on a SP.

Sebin Solomon

Oct 3, 2020
Are you part-time student? If so, you cannot work while on a SP.
Im a full time student, just like my friends who came with me on the same day. They got their conditions changed within 2 weeks, but here i am waiting to get mine for more than 3 months.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Im a full time student, just like my friends who came with me on the same day. They got their conditions changed within 2 weeks, but here i am waiting to get mine for more than 3 months.
When you call IRCC, they say it's not opened yet ?
If you try calling again, ask them if you should resubmit the app.

Sebin Solomon

Oct 3, 2020
When you call IRCC, they say it's not opened yet ?
If you try calling again, ask them if you should resubmit the app.
They needed my old study permit with other necessary documents, I dont think they would ask for resubmission again, that means they misplaced my original study permit isnt? They are pretty much non responsive to me.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hello all.
Is it a paper application? Paper applications are not being processed due to covid.

Sebin Solomon

Oct 3, 2020
Is it a paper application? Paper applications are not being processed due to covid.
Yes, its a paper application. But the thing is that, 3 of us send our documents on the same day, they got it within 2 weeks but im still waiting on mine for 3 months

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Yes, its a paper application. But the thing is that, 3 of us send our documents on the same day, they got it within 2 weeks but im still waiting on mine for 3 months
I don't remember when they announced not processing paper applications but could be theirs got processed before they stopped and you gut unlucky, maybe ask directly next time if they are still processing those.