+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit almost expired HELP PLEASE!!

DepressedMarshmallow

Jul 6, 2017
Hello

I realized (very late my bad..) that my student permit and student visa are going to expire very soon (12 jul 2017). The problem is that my passport is in process of being renovated too so I can´t apply now for a renovation of my student visa and permit.

Is there any possibility to continue studying until my program finishes? It finishes very soon! in august 18 2017
When it finishes Im planning to go back to my country.

I already tried to talk to an agent but i didn´t have luck. :(:(:(

m_jethva

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
While you are in Canada you don't need passport to apply for a study permit. You need photo, transcript, proof of funds(bank statement) and letter of explanation why you applying late?
You will get your study permit at your home delivered. After when you will get passport apply for visa using study permit as a supporting document.
Hello

I realized (very late my bad..) that my student permit and student visa are going to expire very soon (12 jul 2017). The problem is that my passport is in process of being renovated too so I can´t apply now for a renovation of my student visa and permit.

Is there any possibility to continue studying until my program finishes? It finishes very soon! in august 18 2017

DepressedMarshmallow

Jul 6, 2017
While you are in Canada you don't need passport to apply for a study permit. You need photo, transcript, proof of funds(bank statement) and letter of explanation why you applying late?
You will get your study permit at your home delivered. After when you will get passport apply for visa using study permit as a supporting document.
If im in Canada, do I have to apply by paper or I can do it online?

m_jethva

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
If im in Canada, do I have to apply by paper or I can do it online?
I was in Canada during that period. You can apply any of that. Online application process is faster than offline process. But mine was offline and it took 115 days to approve while online takes maximum a month.

DepressedMarshmallow

Jul 6, 2017
I was in Canada during that period. You can apply any of that. Online application process is faster than offline process. But mine was offline and it took 115 days to approve while online takes maximum a month.

Im sorry for asking you a lot, but Im so panicked because of my situation lol I want to finish my program but I don´t want to have problems

did this appear to you? http://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eapp/documentsToSubmit

Can I submit my expired passport? Or I just don´t upload it?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello

When does your passport expire?

DepressedMarshmallow

Jul 6, 2017
IRCC can't grant status beyond the validity of a passport. This means that without a new passport, you can't apply for an extension.

You really should have sorted this out months ago.

I know, but I don't really have a good excuse of not doing it. Do you think I will have problems if I continue studying without my permit? I just wanna finish...