+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit After Exclusion Order

haddyxx

May 9, 2014
Hi all,

I'm from the UK and originally moved to Canada in 2008 to do a Psychology degree at UBCO but after almost 2 years transferred to Okanagan College to do a BA in Business (Accounting) instead. However, after my uni fund ran out and breaking up with my common-law spouse who was going to sponsor me for PR I ended up working while on a visitor visa for a few months. I had just started back at uni and applied for a study permit last April. I left Canada last May for a wedding and upon return was rightly excluded.

While being excluded my mum and step-dad decided to fund the remainder of my degree, i shipped my dog over from Canada, and I sold my car that was being stored there. I have kept doing my degree online in Canada and I now have 2 terms of the degree left, plus the required courses to do the honours degree portion (my average is high enough to qualify, I just can't apply for the honours part until the degree is done).

However, one course isn't offered online, another I have to sit the final exam in Canada, and the honours courses aren't offered online. Therefore, I am wanting to apply for a study permit for Sept to go back and finally finish the degree. I am super weary about applying after the exclusion though and was wondering if anyone had any pointers for me?

I was never given the certificate of departure and although I'll apply for a copy I don't think I'll have it in time - I plan on applying for the study permit next month after the exclusion is up. I do have all boarding passes, baggage tags, and a stamp on my passport showing I went to Indonesia for a few weeks in June (2 weeks after the exclusion order).
I have a letter of acceptance that goes until Dec, 2015.
My dog who I shipped from Canada will stay in Cyprus where I am now
I have been working while studying here and have a job offer for here when I finish the degree
My mum and step dad are funding everything and I'll have bank statements/written letters from them
Their car insurance has my name on it
I'll have $4,000 of my own money for my return flight and any emergencies.

Any pointers would be muuuch appreciated, thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How long will you be in Canada (how many months) to complete your studies?

haddyxx

May 9, 2014
scylla said:
How long will you be in Canada (how many months) to complete your studies?
Hopefully from Sept of this year to most likely Dec 2015 - 2 more terms of courses and then I believe a term for the honours portion. So 15months?