+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit advice

mandeep62

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Hi all,

I have got offer from a university for my Master's degree in September 2017. I want to know, when can I apply for study permit?
Is there any time period when you apply for study visa? Also, I had submitted statement of purpose to my university. Should I submit same SOP to while applying for visa or Should I make a different one with few changes? Because I'll be doing second master's degree in Canada. I want to give strong SOP.

It would be great if someone could share their SOP and tips for applying study visa.

btw, I'm indian.

Regards
Mandeep

Irteza Abbas

Sep 25, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
PVO: Sydney, SVO: Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
June 23, 2023
Doc's Request.
June 23, 2023
AOR Received.
June 23, 2023
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sep 2022
Interview........
N/A
Hi,
Well Congratulations on your acceptance.
In India the processing times vary between 1-2 months, However it is better to apply as soon as possible.
Your course will start in Sep, so most probably you'll be going in late August.
Its better to apply in start of may so even if there in delay in processing you'll have plenty of time.
Secondly, in the meantime, work on your bank statement. The more, the better.
Usually people show 1 year tuition and 10000 cad. Thats okay but its a bit risky.
I have seen students showing more than 5 million bank statement for over 4 months and they got their visa early than others.
It also depends on luck.
In the end, Visa officer k haath mein hai sub kuch.
Good luck, Bro.

mandeep62

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Irteza Abbas said:
Hi,
Well Congratulations on your acceptance.
In India the processing times vary between 1-2 months, However it is better to apply as soon as possible.
Your course will start in Sep, so most probably you'll be going in late August.
Its better to apply in start of may so even if there in delay in processing you'll have plenty of time.
Secondly, in the meantime, work on your bank statement. The more, the better.
Usually people show 1 year tuition and 10000 cad. Thats okay but its a bit risky.
I have seen students showing more than 5 million bank statement for over 4 months and they got their visa early than others.
It also depends on luck.
In the end, Visa officer k haath mein hai sub kuch.
Good luck, Bro.
Thank you. I've got 100% Bank loan approved ready. I will show full tuition fee and expenses for the entire course of 2 years in my Bank Statement. Another question is, If my parents show additional money in their bank statement, does the money needs to be in the bank until I get the visa?
Can I apply next month or in May as you said?

itman62

Dec 20, 2012
I was conditionally admitted for MSc Internetworking in University of Alberta started on September 2015.
CIC issued student visa for me and also work visa for my husband for two years which we never used because of the admission requirement.
This year I was able to get another admission from Dalhousie University, and they have accepted me for the next fall intake in MEng Internetworking begins on September 2017.
I was wondering if I need to apply for visa extension, or I have to apply for a new study permit with my new admission.

mandeep62

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
itman62 said:
I was conditionally admitted for MSc Internetworking in University of Alberta started on September 2015.
CIC issued student visa for me and also work visa for my husband for two years which we never used because of the admission requirement.
This year I was able to get another admission from Dalhousie University, and they have accepted me for the next fall intake in MEng Internetworking begins on September 2017.
I was wondering if I need to apply for visa extension, or I have to apply for a new study permit with my new admission.
If you haven't landed there, I don't think you can apply for visa extension. You probably would need to apply for study permit again.

Btw, I have been accepted in same program as well.

mandeep62

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
itman62 said:
If you haven't landed there, I don't think you can apply for visa extension. You probably would need to apply for study permit again.

mandeep62

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
itman62 said: