+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit 8 weeks no update

Anna828

Feb 21, 2018
...if so, no one is checking our applications... lol do they forget ours!

I am pretty sure I called hope st at (213) 346-2700. They told me they do not make decisions on online applications, and refused to help me on my case
Oh sorry! I sent in a paper application. But I still think that they make the decision? Who else?

newlife20189

May 30, 2018
i got rejected today. received an email around 5:25pm pst time. went to account and it was a rejection.
I am going back to my home country and re apply. tbh, i would rather they reject me in April not June. I wasted so much time and so frustrated for months.

Got doubt for : purples of visit, family ties in Canada and USA, employment status.

I am not sure why they doubt for #2, i clearly indicated i do not have any family members in USA and Canada. I have friends in both countries for sure. Do they assume one cannot even make a friend with a Canadian? (not boy friend or girl friend, just normal friend). Friends are not family members.

Anna828

Feb 21, 2018
i got rejected today. received an email around 5:25pm pst time. went to account and it was a rejection.
I am going back to my home country and re apply. tbh, i would rather they reject me in April not June. I wasted so much time and so frustrated for months.

Got doubt for : purples of visit, family ties in Canada and USA, employment status.

I am not sure why they doubt for #2, i clearly indicated i do not have any family members in USA and Canada. I have friends in both countries for sure. Do they assume one cannot even make a friend with a Canadian? (not boy friend or girl friend, just normal friend). Friends are not family members.
I am so sorry to hear that. It doesn’t make any sense at all, especially why they say you have families here and in Canada... what about employment status? And what country sre you originally from?

newlife20189

May 30, 2018
I am so sorry to hear that. It doesn’t make any sense at all, especially why they say you have families here and in Canada... what about employment status? And what country sre you originally from?
I am from China. I do not have any family members in Canada or USA. I am on OPT F1 status. I have a master degree in business analytics but going for biostatistics, since I consider I am not suitable for going to a business related career. Both majors relate to statistics but in different industrial settings. I am very confused why they also questioning 'purpose of visit', I have an offer with scholarship, isn't the purpose is 'study'?

Anna828

Feb 21, 2018
I am from China. I do not have any family members in Canada or USA. I am on OPT F1 status. I have a master degree in business analytics but going for biostatistics, since I consider I am not suitable for going to a business related career. Both majors relate to statistics but in different industrial settings. I am very confused why they also questioning 'purpose of visit', I have an offer with scholarship, isn't the purpose is 'study'?
Wow. This all doesn’t make sense but I think you can reapply and target those areas. Will you get the notes first?

So for the family members, you could explicitly say where your family members live. Maybe even send copy of ID or something.

Did you explain change in field very specifically? Maybe write a paragraph just about that and get something from school that shows some details. So that would be the purpose of visit thing?

Do you have an idea why they question your employment status? What documents did you submit here?

jagdish sharma

Star Member
Jun 19, 2018
Did you file a case specific request? I don’t know much about this, but it might be more helpful than just contacting them since their Facebook page also states that they are working on cases from the end of April and the beginning of May.
can u provide me the link of their fb page where its written
thanks alot

Anna828

Feb 21, 2018
Should we create a google docs with our info too? I saw that the group from 2013 did this and I found it to be super helpful. We could include spplication date, results, etc. Maybe create a thread under the embassy in north america?

Anna828

Feb 21, 2018
india stats means like i m enquiring about visa applications in india and not in LA and i think the link u referred me about is of LA so thats y
Yeah, the entire thread here is about visa applications from the U.S. I don’t know anything about the other countries, sorry.

Poudel

Jun 29, 2018
Kathmandu
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Dehli
I have applied on 30th may in India. Still I am not asked for medical test and my application is being processed.